Clarks Summit Senior Living

950 Morgan Highway, Clarks Summit, PA, 18411

Reviews of Clarks Summit Senior Living

Gwen13 August 21, 2015

My dad was at Clarks Summit Senior Living, and it was absolutely phenomenal. My sister and I say that’s where we’re going. It was absolutely beautiful. It was exceptionally clean. The staff was exceptionally helpful too. They had two separate dining rooms that you think you were in a restaurant, and you would not think you’re in a facility. They have an in-house movie theater, they have a bar and happy hour with doctor’s permission. It was just lovely. They have different levels of care too. They have little apartments. My dad had a roommate, but he had his own separate bedroom. They shared a kitchen and a bathroom. What I loved about the kitchen was that it was a full kitchen. They had full refrigerator, sink, cupboard, microwave, toaster, and kitchen table. It was perfect. It had everything but the stove, and safety-wise, I thought that was absolutely genius. They really didn’t need it because they had two dining rooms that serve them three meals a day. They always offered us, “Would you like to come in and eat with your Daddy and order off the menu for free?” So that was a wonderful place, but it was pricier than some other places. Some of the people there had cars. The facility was right across the street from a golf course, and it was very, very nice. I would definitely recommend Clarks Summit.

Caring111496850 August 10, 2015

Clarks Summit was much bigger like a resort, but it was very busy and confusing. Plus, it has three floors. It was a very nice facility, but it wasn't the right one for my dad. It was too chaotic in there, and he didn't like having to go on an elevator to get to his room. They have about 120 residents, and that was too much for my dad. However, their dining room was beautiful. As a visitor, I would say it is a 5-star.

LisaandTed35 September 29, 2014

My mother has resided at this community for the past 2 years and I cannot say nothing incredible things. The reason we all decided this was the best move for her was not because she needed help, but because she needed to get out of the house. My father had passed 3 years ago, and she has been getting less and less involved. Since she moved in she has been non-stop. Casino trips, shopping, church, and she even joined the book club. I could not stand to read what the reviewed wrote below. The staff is cheerful and always has a smile. Thank you

disgusted197 September 17, 2014

This place is nothing but nonsense. Over priced and their activities are bingo called by them, a 1980s exercise video, and a singer once a month. Not to mention the childish staff always on their cell phones. Their food is all premade frozen garbage, employee morale is garbage as well resulting from these poor people being overworked and underpaid. If you want to spend 5 grand to have your loved one miserable go for it. I had a loved one here for awhile and we were told to get a 24 hour aid because as I quote"we don't have the time or staff to deal with all ____s needs." That's pretty low considering you accepted the admission and promised top of the line care. Not to mention the lazy house keeping staff who can clean and are always in the smoking area. Dirty carpets that are avoided during the tour, no towels, no tp. As a loved one I shouldn't have to ask for these things!!! Worst over priced facility ever!!!! Don't let there catchy talk drag you in.

Thank you taking the time to write a review about Clarks Summit Senior Living. I apologize for the experience you and your loved one had at our community. Clarks is 100% committed to providing the most value we can without compromising the care of our residents need and demand. We do have multiple care levels and residents with varying needs. If and when the time should come that a resident needs additional assistance, it is discussed with the resident, family and their healthcare providers. This is to protect the health and safety of the resident. This is their home, and we would never recommend additional assistance and or additional skilled services unless the resident’s safety and well-being was at risk. I would like to spend some time with you to address all of your concerns with the care and attention that they deserve.

Kolia Perez, Executive Director, Clarks Summit Senior Living

Jerry30 June 27, 2014

Clarks Summit Senior Living was very good. They gave us a tour, and she told us a little bit about it. It was very clean, very well kept, and the staff was very friendly.

Rose Marie May 10, 2014

We were able to visit Clarks Summit Senior Living. I was able to know about this facility because I did some research, and I looked at the comments that people had, and everything seemed to be very positive and had the necessities that my godmother was looking for. They were extremely helpful and positive. They gave us a complete tour to every piece of facility that they had, and she did like it a lot.

June_004 September 14, 2013

Clarks Summit is a beautiful facility. Their dining area is beautiful as well. The place is immaculately clean. They have beautiful rocking chairs on their big porch. The staff is very nice. A friend of mine has an aunt living there and she seems to be very happy. I didn't see enough because I was just there for a meeting, but I think the place is just perfect.

Mrs. Smith May 19, 2013

CSSL is by far the best that senior living offers in NEPA. The hotel feel and look is amazingly odor free and provides a non institutional look. I was quite impessed with the amenties and apt styles. Upgraded not out dated like the area competitors. A must see if you need senior living.

Loving Nephew April 15, 2012

My wifes aunt Madilyn was a resident of this community and unfortunately her needs were greater and had to be discharged. She was treated with dignity and respect by all who cared for her. The staff went above and beyond daily to insure her safety and needs. I am greatful for the care she recieved by this community and would reccomend to anyone.

Justice01 February 28, 2012

Pathetic excuse for "Five Star Living." You get your tour, you see all of the surface stars, but the hidden stuff is what matters. It is overpriced in every single way. The "entertainment" that the residents receive that you hear about is Bingo every now and then (they got rid of the volunteer that was calling it), and a singer that comes in about once a month. That is it. They are bored, treated unfairly, and for the price you pay for this place, it is not worth it. Find somewhere else - or use the money you were about to spend and put your relative or loved one somewhere on the beach!

To Whom It May Concern:

I am truly sorry that you feel Clarks Summit Senior Living did not meet your expectations. We take great pride in the integrity with which we conduct our tours without promising more than we can deliver. Our residents and families widely concur our services, amenities and care levels meet and often exceed what they expect when residents are toured, eventually move in and take the necessary adjustment time to acclimate to such a vibrant and different setting than they most likely had been used to.

One has to believe that you cannot please all people all of the time when it comes to placing their loved ones in a new setting at an age when they have been used to perhaps living alone for some time or reached a level at which they could not and often even should not continue independent living. The cost of this setting regionally as well as nationally continues to rise due to the economy and certainly the higher level that a community sets their standard for care and services. We at Five Star Quality Care are committed to providing the most value we can without compromising the care our residents need and demand.

This is the heart and core of what a personal care home can offer. We believe that we are offering and deliver many exciting, stimulating and fun activities for our residents and even family members who are here on an almost daily basis to be with their loved ones. Bingo is a popular activity for many residents but not the only choice for all. We do offer a great variety of choices and we post a monthly calendar of events to all residents. Many staff wear many hats in this environment to help departments in need and the onus is on the resident to take part in these activities on a daily basis. As is often the case, our residents need much prompting to begin the process of integrating into our environment and that is our standard protocol as residents move in and begin to take part in the activities we offer. The mandate for all support staff is that for a period of one to three months, we remain vigilant and continue this prompting until we feel that the resident is acclimating well and has begun to adjust to an entirely new life experience.

It takes time and is different for each individual. We are there and will continue to be their as these needs change and we are committed to providing the finest that personal care homes can provide in all of Northeast Pennsylvania.

Joan Namyak November 18, 2011

ClarksSummit Senior Living is "all for the residents" The residents are treated as if they are a family member. Alll of the staff from the kitchen, to the dining, to the cleaning personel, up to the nurses and aides all are friendly and supportive of all the residents. The house is spotless and the food delicious. As a private aide from an agency I can purchase a meal and eat with my client. So I know first hand the choices on the menue. They have daily Bingo and outside entertainment.Birthdays are especially treated with recognition. They even have a Happy hour. There is a room with a big screen t.v. were ther is always coffee,tea and hot chocolate available. A bowl of apples and oranges is on the counter all day. Residents have their own locked postal boxes. It is truly a place where I myself if need would like to live someday!

From Clarks Summit Senior Living

Clarks Summit Senior Living offers compassionate senior care in Clarks Summit, PA. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Clarks Summit Senior Living shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Clarks Summit, PA.

Features of Clarks Summit Senior Living

• Diabetic
  • Low fat
  • Low salt
  • Renal

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Italian

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Fitness Room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• We charge an entry fee

• Staff patient ratio: 6 to 1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: PA
  • State License(s): 218870

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits