Brookdale Kenwood

9090 Montgomery, Cincinnati, OH, 45242

Reviews of Brookdale Kenwood

Anonymous114401550 October 19, 2015

My mom-in-law was at Brookdale Kenwood. It was a smaller community and a lot of the residents there were very disabled. She didn’t have anyone to talk to. The care from the staff is great. They were really responsive to the residents when they need help.

Caring107862950 July 31, 2015

They were very helpful. Visually, it was pretty good, just a little bit smaller than what I'm used to in terms of the rooms. Their dining room was very impressive, and they had a pool and a library. My overall impression was fairly good except for the fact that it looked a little bit monolithic, a little overwhelming, not homey from the outside, like a fortress to me. I didn't particularly like the way they distributed their medicines. It wasn't a nurse coming to you to distribute medicine -- it was you had to go to an office at a certain point in time. I didn't like that particularly when you have elderly people who are not quite ambulatory. I got a lot of hesitation about medical personnel on-call, what kind of office hours they would have, rather than either a staff physician or a visiting physician coming in at a fixed time. Otherwise, I like Brookdale Kenwood.

Caring109545550 July 06, 2015

Brookdale was fine. They had nice staff, nice people, and nice rooms. Everything is good. The rooms were probably on the small size, but they were enough. They had lots of activities, and I was impressed with those.

lkngforMom May 31, 2015

I have to say that the memory care was the most excellent part of our visit. We liked it better than the other area because so much was happening and all the residents were involved, but not in the same thing. The memory care director is top notch as well, we were very impressed with her understanding of our mom's diagnosis. She gave us tips and invited us to a monthly support group even if we did not choose to move there. Very very refreshing!

Caring106976450 March 28, 2015

Basically I found Brookdale by looking online. I think they are very knowledgeable and very friendly. I was looking for a private room and a private bath. That is what they have available. All of their rooms are private. My husband will be in memory care, and they have their own dining room. It is a small facility, and they have a small dining area. I looked at their activity list, and I know they have a wonderful computer program that is geared to people with Dementia. I also know that they see what their skilled level is and they give them activities that are appropriate for their skill and memory level. They have very good programs in their memory unit.

kickmekate February 24, 2014

Horrible horrible care. My father was a resident at Brookdale Place of Kenwood for 10 months and did nothing but rapidly decline, develop excessive bedsores, develop MRSA from a blister on his foot, become malnourished, lost a LOT of weight, around 50lbs or so, was denied medication he needed and was left to sit in his own soil for hours without assistance. He had to be taken in an ambulance after I finally refused their "method of treatment" which would have been quarantining him in a room for a week while they cleaned the MRSA infection. At the hospital he required a wound specialist and surgery to remove the necrotic tissue and bone in his foot. The infection reached his bone. After he left that horrid facility, he continued to deteriorate and passed away recently due to complications that likely arose from the state he was in after his stay at Brookdale. If you care about your loved ones, do not send them here.

We are grateful you have taken the opportunity to discuss these concerns with our team members. We would be happy to follow up with you to review these concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

betty bo January 23, 2014

UPon entering the rundown building the smells take over. Hallways where the resident reside smell of urine and feces and some immobile residents sit in their wheelchairs for hours staring at the wall. Nursing care was not impressive either from patients not recieving medications on time or handling wound care properly. The aids are probably the nicest people staffed there along with the kitchen workers.The higher ups and management are nice to your face but a different story behind your back. What i took away from this visit is what a little old lady who was sitting in her wheelchair stuck in the hallway with no one to help her...she looked me straight in the eyes and told me to get out as fast as i could or they(guessing the staff) would make me stay. Escape while you can before you get stuck like me. Was not impressed with this place at all. Had very low ratings everywhere i checked but on the brighter side of things the theft has finally stopped. No way would i put one of my loved ones there. Hell i wouldnt even let my dog stay there.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Brookdale Place at Kenwood. The staff is committed to providing the highest-quality service and care for each resident every day and we will share your feedback with our regional team. We hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 to discuss your concerns in detail.

Don22 September 27, 2013

I just recently visited Brookdale and the first thing that impressed me was the friendly greeting by the staff. They were able to answer all my questions. We had lunch there and the food was adequate. They have an activity schedule and they go on outings. They also have physical exercise. The facility is starting on a major remodeling and redecorating, but right now the looks of the facility is not really impressing.

Debra11 August 01, 2013

Our visit with Brookdale Place was good. I liked the proximity of the place to us. It was very warm, inviting and very clean. The room size was adequate. They had a wide range of activities and their staff was very friendly.

shuckssa October 25, 2012

The amenities were alright along with the facilities too. However the staff was slightly rude. I do however give them credit because they from what I can tell actually do a lot to help the people who are living there. The place from what I remember was quite clean and inviting.

kylet112 September 27, 2012

After searching constantly for an assisted living facility for myself, I was severely disappointed in the lack of quality and caring attitudes that most places have. Luckily, I came across Brookdale Place at Kenwood just in time. This is a model of efficiency and practicality. This assisted living facility has everything one could need in order to have a comfortable living. The establishment and grounds are very well-kept and clean and the staff are more than willing to handle any issues they are presented with. I was extremely happy with this establishment and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a quality assisted living home while still looking to maintain their independence. Perfect grounds, excellent staff that cater to anything you could possibly need, a brilliant atmosphere and many amenities help to distinguish Brookdale Place at Kenwood from many of the surrounding assisted living facilities that do not provide quality living arrangements.

pwolfinger July 30, 2011

When I visited, it was quite sad. I was visiting both of my grandparents. The facility is run down but the staff was great. They really loved what they were doing and cared for every individual. They just lacked the resources. The amenities were ok but also run down. My grandparents room consisted of a small kitchen, a sitting room, a bedroom, and a bathroom. It was not luxurious or anything but it did the trick. One positive about the facility is the landscaping was very nice with a pond. Ducks were always around looking to raise some excitement. Another great thing about this facility was it gave the elderly a chance to work at the assisted living facility. One place they could work was the gift shop. Here you could buy anything ranging from snacks to toilet tree kits. This seemed like the go to place in this facility and was a lot of fun to be in. Once again, this facility could not have had better staff. The only improvement would be the physical structure.

doreen's daughter July 26, 2011

After researching Alzheimer's care facilities in northeast Cincinnati, my family chose to move our mother to Brookdale Place in Kenwood. With just fifty residents attended by care teams of three, we know that someone is either with her or just around the corner to ease her confusion and help her with day-to-day needs. Her comfort seems their number one concern. Brookdale has been a great fit for my mom I and would recommend it to other families searching for dementia/Alzheimer's care for their parents.

From Brookdale Kenwood

Brookdale Kenwood provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Location of Brookdale Kenwood