Brookdale Charleston

2030 Charlie Hall Blvd, Charleston, SC, 29414

Reviews of Brookdale Charleston

Carol118914750 January 24, 2016

Brookdale was very nice and the person who gave us the tour was very helpful. I was impressed with the rooms; they are not very big but they’re of good size. Everything was clean. They were doing some kind of arts and crafts when I visited the place. It was comfortable and kind of made me feel at home.

Caring113544650 September 30, 2015

Brookdale was very nice, everybody was very friendly, and it looked like they had a lot of activities. They have an activity board to tell you what?s going on, they had a little crafts, painting, and chair exercises. It was a good experience.

Susan105295750 April 25, 2015

Everything was great when we visited Brookdale Charleston. Their rooms are of good size and clean, but they didn’t have a kitchen in there. I have eaten there, and the food is very good. Their dining area is beautiful. The managers were excellent. They have all kinds of things like movies, games, and bingo -- tons of things to do.

Caring93499750 December 30, 2014

Horizon Bay Charleston was a nice place. They have a dining facility. It is a big place. The rooms were OK, but a bit small. I am looking for five years down the road. I wasn't looking to move in immediately. They have a lot of game rooms, television, and sing-a-longs. I recommend they go around and look at them.

Jeannie5 October 18, 2014

We actually have my mother's name on the waiting list at Horizon Bay. I thought it was nice enough. I liked the arrangement of the Alzheimer's unit where everything was kind of centrally located. The rooms were kind of in a circle and they all opened up into a central common area and I thought that was very good. I liked the fact that the rates were consistent; they didn't have different levels of costs depending on the amount of care. They offered one rate and it included all levels of care. It did not go up if they had to do a little something extra for the patient. I thought the rates were reasonable and it was more centrally located to my home than some of the other ones. I thought that they had a nice little garden area that was left open on nice days. My mom's a really outdoorsy person and I thought that she would like the fact that on a nice day, she could just walk out and be outside. I thought that was really nice and you can do gardening if you like. She is not a gardener, but she does like flowers and plants and things like that.

Pamela18 June 23, 2014

Horizon Bay was very nice, but they did not have a room available. The staff was very nice, helpful, and informative. The rooms were a bit smaller, though. They have a memory care facility, which was what I wanted.

Caring74626950 November 21, 2013

I visited Horizon Bay. We didn't choose this one because it was farther away from us to visit for one thing and then we have to cross some major bridge, so if there was a storm or something, that might be a problem. The place and their rooms were fine. Overall, the facility was probably recommendable. Regarding the staff, I didn't really get to know them that well.

Kathy D. June 26, 2013

Horizon Bay is a very nice facility. My mom has been there since end of April. They have different levels of care and she's in the memory care area. She loves the staff and they all love her. Her room is a bit bigger, but it is still nice. The facility doesn't smell bad and that was the first thing that attracted us.

Susan31 March 29, 2013

My mother stayed at Horizon Bay in Charleston. She was in the Clare Bridge Wing which was the memory center of the facility. I liked the facility because the patient ratio was good, the residents were well monitored. The staff also kept the residents active. I observed though that the residents don't get enough fluid, so I would suggest they offer more. The food was very nutritious and well-balanced. There were semi-private and private rooms complete with bathroom. They had good recreational program, and a diocese also came to the facility.

PrettyPink July 25, 2012

Some of the patients seem to have to wait longer than usual in order to receive necessary help. Althought the facility was clean, the staff was not always as friendly as they should have been. I did like both facilities though because a beautician would come in to beautify the women residents.

david spooner May 15, 2012

I thought the facility was very clean and well structured, but some of the staff were a little slack. Sometimes they would "nudge" the older folks along to get them to go faster or get upset when the older folks got confused.

From Brookdale Charleston

Brookdale Charleston provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Charleston

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Bistro

• Minimum age: 62

• Licenses: Standard Assisted Living License
  • State License(s): CRC-1291

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Charleston