The Waterford on the Bay

2900 Bragg Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11235

Reviews of The Waterford on the Bay

Diana116991350 December 17, 2015

Waterford wasn't just luxurious, but they certainly did seem very clean, very accommodating, and caring. The residents looked happy, and it was a very nice residence also. The rooms and all were very lovely; it was just a little bare, not so luxurious. But, still, the priority being the residents and the care that I saw going on, I was very impressed. There were activities going on, and I saw alert people walking around and looking for, "OK, where is everybody hanging out now?" So it was nice to see.

Laura116358850 November 29, 2015

Waterford on the Bay was really lovely. This facility had a lot of positive things about it. There were lots of different kinds of spaces to sit in or interact in with residents. There were four different outdoor spaces and eight indoor spaces. The lounge on the 4th floor had a pool table, which would be attractive to men because it had a manly feel. There was another floor attractive to women or men who would like to read. The people who worked there were really lovely, very engaging, and seemed very happy at their jobs.

Anonymous113193850 October 30, 2015

The Waterford on the Bay was wonderful but unfortunately with the community Medicaid, I would have to pay $175 for the aides to be in there and I can’t afford it. Plus, I would have to pay another $3000 a month to have my mother there. I was very disappointed.

The place was beautiful. The apartments were nice and the rooms looked like hotel rooms. They have a special floor for the dementia patients, which is a locked floor. But the dining room was a little small for the amount of people that they had in there. It looked a little crowded but it was clean.

The rest of the population is like a hotel, its right by the water and it’s beautiful. But it is very expensive. The woman that helped, she was just wonderful. I was very impressed. They showed me their laundry room, the woman fold laundries, arts and crafts room. The dining room was beautiful and the lobby was gorgeous. I thought it was like a 5 star hotel. They had a big desk just like in a hotel check-in desk. They have activities for them which looked very positive.

Diane113430950 September 30, 2015

I visited The Waterford for my husband. It was very lovely. It was equal to the other facility. However, the latter seemed to have more aides or help and that was a concern. My husband does need help because he is in a wheelchair. The place was comparable though. It was also lovely. It seemed also very nice. They had nice rooms and nice dining room. I would say it was equal as far as the surrounding. The staff was very nice and their rooms were a little newer than the other facility.

Caring107160050 May 03, 2015

The Waterford is a really nice one. They are really good and very attentive. They have very good service, and it is very clean. I went with my mom, and she said she would go now if I would pay for her. She was ready to sign up, but she doesn't need assisted living. We all loved it. It has a hotel feel in it which is good because it didn't feel that we were in a senior living facility. They have buses that bring you to different locations like outings.

Patrick15 April 25, 2015

The rooms were average, and they were nice. The dining room was nice. It wasn't exactly fine dining, but it was close to it. Waterford is nice because it is by the water, and it has nice scenery; you can see the ocean and ships at bay. It was a pretty nice community.

Caring100476650 January 13, 2015

My brother is at The Waterford on the Bay. It was very nice and upfront with everyone; he likes it there. The rooms and the apartment are very nice. He has a waterfront room so he has a very big room which is what he wanted.

We had lunch, and the food was delicious. The dining room is big with several tables. They have lots of activities like exercise, movies, and different activities going on in different rooms. They have different types of community rooms where they do recreation. Everyone seemed very nice, and the staff working there seemed really nice. It’s very clean.

Caring86944050 October 16, 2014

My ex-husband stayed at The Waterford on the Bay for two months. The place was very nice. It’s more of like a home type, but it was just so expensive. His room is very nice and clean as well. The staff were very nice and very friendly. Their food is very good, and their dining area is very open and very clean. They have a lot of activities for their residents. They have bingo and entertainment that come in on Sunday night. They do have different kinds of activities.

Valerie20 July 20, 2014

The staff that I met with at The Waterford on the Bay was a Ms. Jessica G. She was very pleasant, very knowledgeable, and very informative. She shared a lot of information when she took me on a tour. I was first impressed because when I entered the building, I really liked the way the lobby looked and the concierge desk, which has my name on it. Evidently, they were expecting me, and that was the first thing that impressed me. I went to one of the guest bathrooms, and to me the cleanliness of a bathroom is a verification of the overall cleanliness of any facility, and their bathroom was very, very clean and odor-free, so I was very pleased with that. She showed me some of the guest rooms, and I liked the way that the rooms looked spacious enough for the needs of my uncle. She showed me an unoccupied room, and she got permission for me to come into an occupied room, and it was neat. There was no odor, so I was pleased with that. Overall, it was a good experience because, prior to going there, I had visited a couple of other facilities that I was not pleased with at all.

Caring82133450 December 31, 2013

The Waterford on the Bay was a really nice place. She was treated well.

Viktor Pescerov May 03, 2012

The Palm Beach Home for Adults facility is one of my favorite assisted living locations. Outside of the facility is a small and quite neighborhood and the center itself produces a "home sweet home" feeling. Once you enter the center the workers greet you and everything is organized and taken care of. The center looked nice and clean throughout and the bathrooms were clean. The rooms were spacious and had large windows with good views of the neighborhood. The senior citizens looked happy and pleased with the service offered at the assisted living center. And the staff was always on top of things and made sure that everyone was happy.

DagnyGiga June 22, 2011

From The Waterford on the Bay

Welcome to The Waterford on the Bay Senior Living

The Waterford on the Bay affords seniors with luxurious assisted living in a friendly and safe environment. Our personal care services promote independence and embrace individuality; assistance with daily living activities is provided based upon need. Residents of The Waterford on the Bay Senior Living in Brooklyn, NY enjoy a wide range of amenities. Our waterfront suites offer breathtaking views of the bay, our concierge is at your service 24/7, and our highly trained chefs prepare the finest cuisine.

Our experienced, New York State licensed staff is committed to making sure our residents receive the most comprehensive care available. Resident can avail themselves of a wide-range of therapies provided on site – including speech, occupational and massage therapy.

Safety is of utmost importance! Our building is fireproof and protected throughout with fire alarms and a sprinkler system. We also have 24 hour security guards and a state of the art surveillance system; so residents and their loved ones can sleep comfortably at night knowing that their protection is our top priority.

Memory Care

Our Philosophy is to provide the highest quality of care while promoting independence in a safe and therapeutic environment. Our “Serenity” floor, for Residents with mild-moderate memory impairments is staffed by trained health care professionals; including the attending physician, licensed nurse, registered dietitian, case manager, personal care attendants, medication assistants, social worker, psychologist/psychiatrists and therapeutic recreation assistants.

Our Memory Care Program recognizes the uniqueness of each resident and therefore develops a program for each resident, including assistance with activities of daily living, specialized recreation, including sensory and cognitive programs, exercise programs and individual behavior care.

The staff at Brooklyn’s Waterford on the Bay take part in an ongoing comprehensive training program conducted by Dementia Care Professionals. This includes understanding the disease process of dementia, activities of daily living, behavior management, and principles of care in order to provide safe and effective care for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease. “Serenity” maintains a luxurious, peaceful environment.

Services

• 3 Gourmet Meals a Day – Served Restaurant Style
  • Snacks
  • Assistance with Personal Hygiene (Showers)
  • Comprehensive On-site Medical Staff, including Full-time Registered Dietitian
  • Exciting Recreation Program
  • On-site Physical, Occupational & Speech Therapy
  • Massage Therapy
  • Specialized Unique Therapeutic Program for Neurological Conditions, Aphasia, Memory Impairment, Post Stroke…Call for More Details…
  • 2 Week Respite Stays Available

• Emergency Alert System
  • Full Bath in every Room
  • Cable with Flat Screen TV’s
  • Individually Controlled Heating & Air Conditioning

Thank you for you interest at The Waterford on the Bay Senior Living. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Five Star Luxury • First Class Care • Affordably Yours

Features of The Waterford on the Bay

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• 24-hour security gate
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Pets: No pets allowed

• Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,732/month

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 331-F-272