The Atrium at Boca Raton

1080 Northwest 15th St., Boca Raton, FL, 33486

Reviews of The Atrium at Boca Raton

Caring114858650 October 28, 2015

The Atrium comes highly recommended. We loved it, and it was our first choice for my mother. The most appealing thing about it was the live music and the socializing in the lobby. My mom loves those. However, my mother is not really ready to go to AL now. We only had two visits, and we didn't try the food, but it seemed like the staff was extremely professional. The sales lady that I spoke with was very accommodating. At the time, we thought we could get our mom in there within the month or two. They were trying to accommodate this one redecorating of an apartment so that it would be available to my mom in time, so they're very accommodating.

rothdiane52 July 02, 2015

When I visited the facility, it was just after dinner. I visited the memory care on the second floor. The place was very dirty and the dining area smelled of urine. The residents were congregated in a family room with a TV on, the news, of all things was on. Not good for the Alzheimers residents to watch. There were 2 ladies loudly arguing and nobody stepped in, staff wise, to intervene. There was not 24 hour nursing so that was disappointing. The resident room was nice. They said they were going to redecorate and update the look. It really needs it badly.

The Atrium at Boca Raton is disappointed to learn that you did not have a better experience during your visit to our community. It is our priority to deliver the best quality services and care for our residents. Please contact myself, Shawna Johnson, Executive Director at 561-750-7555 to share more information on how we can better meet your expectations going forward.

Debbie100861350 June 28, 2015

I liked Atrium a lot. The staff was very informative. They answered all of our questions and gave us a tour. It was very nice to see them interact with the residents. Everybody was happy to see them walking by. I thought it was a very positive place. The residents seemed to be happy and active. The rooms were very nice. They were smaller than a normal apartment, but they utilized the space very well to look comfortable.

Loving familys June 09, 2015

As far as the regular floors I do not have a problem, staff was always very nice and pleasant but when my family member was moved to the 2nd floor Memory unit my feelings changed dramatically. The staff on the 2nd floor are mean and uncaring, the night shift is the worst. I do understand it is a hard thing to deal with but if you are not able to deal with patience with memory loss than they should not be working on the floor.I do have to say the activities director on the 2nd floor is very nice and does try to keep the residence active as best she can. It is a very sad and depressing floor. I truly hope something changes very soon for the sake of these poor residence.

The Atrium is disappointed to learn that your loved one did not have a better experience. It is our priority to deliver the best quality services and care for our residents. Please contact Shawna Johnson, Executive Director at 561-750-7555 to share more information on where we failed to deliver or meet your expectations and how we can improve going forward.

Carol105333950 May 03, 2015

The Atrium is a beautiful facility, but I find it to be a little disorganized as far as people knowing what’s going on. From what I understand, they’ve been through a lot of management changes. It was a little frustrating dealing with them on the administrative level, but my mother-in-law was happy there, and she liked it. She seems to like the food; she says it’s good.

Making our residents feel happy is one of our primary goals at Atrium Village. Each day, we work tirelessly to ensure that every aspect of our experience is positive and fulfilling. I am so glad to learn that your family member was happy here and liked our dining experience. Over the past year, we have expanded our menu selections and instituted new levels of service; we are so glad to hear that your loved one recognized these changes. There have been some management changes in our community, but during my first few months leading this community, I have found our department heads and staff to be incredibly capable and caring. I am confident with such a great team in place in the community and supportive corporate leadership group behind me. I am looking forward to providing a focused vision to this community for many years to come.

Thanks, Reuben Rosenfeld, Executive Director

Caring105487950 April 21, 2015

At Atrium, they had a great room there with somebody doing board games with the residents, and there was some interaction with them. That was nice. It looked like they actually did stuff with their residents. I like the Atrium, but I felt like it was very big, and the apartment was upstairs. The ones who have memory issues would have issues getting lost. It just felt too spacious. People were very nice though. As for amenities, they pointed out to me like a little coffee shop that the residents can bring the visitors to. They also had very minimal outdoor space. No space for anyone to walk around. The grounds looked small, and they were basically confined to a building.

Jenny11 November 14, 2014

Atrium is very nice. They have medical staff on site. The food looks good. The staff seems very good, very efficient and friendly. My mother-in-law’s room is good and clean. She is happy.

Kathleen36 August 30, 2014

My mother is living in The Atrium. The staff there is very good. They are very attentive and respectful to my mother. They are also kind and friendly. I feel really good about it. They all have good manners and I don't worry about stuff too much. On the other hand, my mother's room is pretty good. It is a one room studio because she is in the memory care unit. She has a memory room with a single bed and a nice stuffed chair that they provided. She also has a long dresser in there. However, I think they should improve on their availability of recreation on a daily basis. I think they are trying to do that but the person who handled activities quit. Even though they don't have an activity director, they do have live entertainment every day. I would say that it is amazing.

Familylife August 08, 2014

I think the Atrium is a great place!! The staff is so caring and friendly. There is plenty of activities for the residents,

such as the daily happy hour where a musician comes and plays the piano or guitar

The Atrium is a great place! There is plenty of activities for the residents, including a happy hour each day with live music, appetizers and wine. The residence seem to love this hour with many of them up dancing or singing along. The activities director is awesome!!! She is always there getting people involved! All of the staff seems very friendly. The only issue that I have seen in the past is the not so friendly staff in the dining room. When I have lunch or dinner with my dad I do notice they are not so nice to everyone, they seem to be short on patience but other than that I think the Atrium is just the perfect place for my dad. The rooms are roomy and nice and clean.

A Grateful Daughter2 June 17, 2014

They are caring people!

Anita10 October 05, 2013

I was very impressed with the Atrium. I had a tour and I walked out of there very pleasantly surprised. There was bingo and all kinds of entertainment. It was very clean and bright. I was very pleased with it.

Costa7 August 30, 2012

Overall being able to put a smile on so many sad faces was a great experience. I would play games with the residents, sometimes assist them setting up the dining room for dinner. Sometimes read to them or even color the ladies nails which they really liked. The not so pretty side of this experience was seeing other residents waiting by the elevators all day along for their family just to realize that nobody was coming.

atriumreviewer August 21, 2012

I visit this facility at least twice a year when I am in town to visit my grandfather. He has a nice private bedroom and bathroom with television, phone, and sunlight. The staff seems very friendly and helpful to the residents. There is plenty of entertainment for the residents, including a nightly "happy hour" where a musician comes and plays the piano or guitar while the facility's staff serves appetizers and cups of wine. The facility also has a well stocked library, computer room, movie theater, outdoor seating area, trivia competitions, and other organized activities.

carefordad March 01, 2012

The facility is clean and well equipped. The staffing is good during the day but weak at night, this could use help. The nursing office is responsive but overworked. The food and food service is good. There are many activities scheduled every day. The setting is private with a nice back patio for sitting or visiting with family. The ice cream parlor is a big hit with all the residents. There is music often and the front desk is very well staffed with kind and understanding women.

From The Atrium at Boca Raton

Senior assisted living at Atrium offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Atrium, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Boca Raton has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Atrium, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Recipient of The Best of Boca award for Assisted Living voted on by the readers of local newspaper four years in a row___ Great location close to beach, shopping, hospital and cultural activities___ Social hour with live entertainment daily___ Variety of apartment options from studio- two bedroom___ ICAA award winning Brain Health University and ALFA award winning Walk With Me program

Features of The Atrium at Boca Raton

• Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Psychiatric care
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,400/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 62

• Licenses: Understanding of Medicaid Diversion

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of The Atrium at Boca Raton