The Waterford on Cooper

1860 North Cooper St, Arlington, TX, 76011

Reviews of The Waterford on Cooper

Caring103828150 April 07, 2015

My sister's mother-in-law was at The Waterford on Cooper before she passed away. Everybody was friendly and nice. It was a very nice place. It was clean. They kept everything clean. I saw the room, and it was nice. The staff seemed OK, but I didn't see a lot of them when I visited. With what I saw, they seemed considerate of the people that lived there, and they took care of them.

Allen A January 29, 2015

I can only speak to the memory care unit. My mother lived there for about a year. She originally went to Waterford for assisted living but it was quickly determined that she needed more supervision. In the memory care unit, the residents are just housed. There are very few activities. The TV is on and they have pictures to color, bingo, or puzzles sitting out. If the resident is not needy, there is little interaction. My siblings and I rarely saw my mom look clean and fresh. Although they said she was bathed regularly, we couldn't see the evidence of it. When I removed her socks to trim her toenails, her feet were not clean, any time. When she had a sore on her back, no one there noticed it until it became infected and she complained to my sibling. I believe that if she had been bathed regularly, there would be no way to have missed that. We began noting that she wore the same clothes day after day. Using a marking system, we could see that the sheets on her bed were not changed every week. And finally, we found an inconsistency with her medications. When we went to the front office to address our issues, we were always given excuses, or told that we were wrong. I believe the memory care unit was an after thought and that although there are a few really nice people working there, the management of the Waterford uses their time to mask the problems they are having. I cannot speak to the regular assisted living at the Waterford. But I do know that when we voiced our concerns, the management was not willing to admit that anything was wrong or that anything needed to be changed. As a contrast, in her new residence, she is always clean, when there is an issue it is immediately addressed, and although Mom has few needs, the people there are consistently involved with her.

Margean November 28, 2013

We had my mother at The Waterford on Cooper and we are very happy with it. She has been with the facility since February. The staff is really nice. They have some things that they could improve - they have these farm tables and sit-around tables which makes it not very conducive for playing games or for crafts. But all in all we are pretty satisfied with her being there. We felt that they are taking good care of her. The rooms are really beautiful and they have a little kitchen with a microwave. Their food is good, too.

From The Waterford on Cooper

Join in on the fun at Waterford on Cooper, offering Assisted Living and Memory Care services in Arlington, Texas. Our residents take part in exciting events throughout the month, designed to bring the community together and encourage new friendships. Our goal is to enrich the lives of our residents by providing an environment that is stimulating physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally. Even more comfort is found in our apartments, which strike the perfect balance between safety and coziness with welcomed amenities and sought after features. Beyond the relaxation found in our apartments, residents have plenty to look forward to with scheduled trips to nearby locations. Residents are warmhearted, interesting people who enjoy the freedom of Assisted Living - freedom from the worries and dangers of solitary living and cooking and cleaning - in surroundings that are kind and gracious and the knowledge of knowing someone is always at hand if help is needed. Our residents are just minutes from professional sporting venues, like The Ballpark in Arlington and Dallas Cowboys Stadium.

Features of The Waterford on Cooper