Spring Hills Mount Vernon

3709 Shannons Green Way, Alexandria, VA, 22309

Reviews of Spring Hills Mount Vernon

sandra75 December 22, 2015

i got a tour of spring-hills for my mom and i was really impressed with what i saw. The spring-hills decor is beautifully put together and the staff there is very friendly. i have not chose a place for dad yet but so far spring-hills is my top pick so far.

Dear Sandra, Thank you for your positive review. Best of luck making this difficult decision. Please don't hesitate to reach back out to us or visit again. We would love to have you and dad part of our Spring Hills family!

egoeas December 15, 2015

I wanted to write about Spring Hills in Alexandria, VA where with the help of Howard Landron from caring.com I was able the find a perfect fit for my mother. The facility from the very start was full of a staff that made me feel that it was the right new home for my mother. I have to admit, however, that if not for the help of Howard Landron, I would not have been able to make that move with any confidence. From the very start Howard was informative, caring, and reassuringly confident in a way that eased the stress of the decision making process. He was truly a godsend throughout the extremely stressful process.

Thank you your recent review. We are happy to be the right fit for mom.

NinaH19 December 05, 2015

The process to send a close loved one to assisted living is always a difficult one, but the transition was made pleasant by the wonderful staff at Spring Hill Mount Vernon. The staff was amazingly transparent with the whole process and provided us with plenty of information. The tour of the building was spectacular. I have never been in such a facility that felt so homey and clean. We were able to look inside some of the rooms to get a feel for it and they were so well maintained and decorated. Each unit was a mini apartment. We got to see the activities that were provided for the residents along with the meal plan, and it made choosing this place so easy and stress free. I felt extremely comfortable leaving my mother in the care of this place and would recommend it to others without a doubt.

Thank you for your kind and positive review. We appreciate your recommendation!

Pb21 December 03, 2015

I toured this community earlier and was really impressed by the staff. Everyone is very Kind, friendly and respectful. I felt like I was right at home with the facility being clean and the food being healthy and delicious. My grandpa will be moving in, in the next couple weeks. Couldn't be happier about the decision

Thank you for your recent review. We are pleased you had a great experience and look forward to you all becoming part of our Spring Hills family!

SteveY December 03, 2015

Such an excellent facility. Kind and caring staff. My father enjoys the food and I think the grounds and facility are well kept.

Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate your positive review.

StJans December 03, 2015

The staff was very friendly which was a relief because other places were lacking in this department. We even got to eat there during lunch time and it was amazing to see that the food quality was superior to even what i make at home myself. The place was clean, brightly lit and seemed to have gone through new renovations. Keep up the good work!

Thank you for your positive review. We truly appreciate your feedback.

Margery1 October 28, 2015

At Spring Hills, residents were in wheelchairs and not talking, and I am not ready for that kind of community at all. We couldn't really interact with any of the residents; there were just a few at the tables finishing up their breakfasts, and they were all in wheelchairs. It was very clean. I only met the administrator, and he was very nice, gave us a great tour, and was just terrific. I am just not at that point yet.

Thank you for you kind feedback about our Executive Director. All reviews are greatly appreciated.

Just a friend for you February 04, 2015

My friend moved into Spring Hills 3 months ago, and he really loves it there. He was at another place for about a year, and seemed to be in a spiral decline there, but at Spring Hills he has really perked up. He loves the food and the great selection of food too. The staff seem to genuinely care about the residents and the care show that. He enjoys The outings and social activities.

Thank you for your positive review and feedback. We truly appreciate it.

Aunt Judy Evans January 08, 2015

I have been a resident here for 3 years. The apartments are roomy and comfortable and the food is top notch. I can't drive any more and like that the facility can provide transportation to nearby medical appointments. The staff are caring and try hard to make the residents' experiences good ones. They have lots of activities for those who want to participate.

Dear Aunt Judy Evans, Thank you for taking the time to review Spring Hills Mount Vernon. Your support and feedback are valuable to our team as we continue to meet your needs and work towards exceeding your exceptions.

FZev January 05, 2015

I moved my Father into Spring Hill Mount Vernon several months ago. The staff is wonderful. They take great care of him, are very friendly, and truly care about his wellbeing. The facilities and activities are great as well and he loves the food (especially the French Fries). I couldn’t ask for better place for him.

Thank you for your positive review and support. We strive to exceed your expectations.

Caring9710250 April 30, 2014

The staff at Spring Hills of Mount Vernon are very nice and very helpful. The rooms are tiny. They have fewer residents, and they seem to have a few more activities going on. It seems to be a newer facility.

Caring4250 November 05, 2012

The staff of Spring Hills is very good, very friendly and not a bit lazy. The rooms are adequate.

Thank you for your positive feedback. We truly appreciate your review.

Alexandra973 June 25, 2012

I have moved my mother into this facility several months ago. The staff is really caring and attends to her every need. She loves the menu, which is very extensive comparing to other communities and enjoys the activities. Both the nursing and administrative staff are very responsive and eager to help. It has been a very smooth transition largely due to the helpfullnes of the staff. My mother was very anxious about moving to assisted living but the people there were waem and inviting and the personal concierge really ensured mom is happy and active. Thank you Spring Hills. Way to go.

Thank you so much for your kind words and positive review. We truly appreciate your feedback.

tryingtobehelpful March 16, 2012

My brother moved here after a 4 month stay in a dreadful place in Stephens City (near Winchester). He is fairly independent, so he doesn't need a lot of care, so I can't comment on the level of care provided by the CNAs. However, from what I've seen, it is good. (Certainly I haven't heard anyone be mean!) Spring Hills is way, way better than my brother's former residence. He likes the fact that you can order from a menu, order as much as you like, and order sodas if you want. He also likes the fact that the food is served for several hours at a time rather than having to sit down to eat "supper" exactly at 5 every night as before. (Food was poor at other place - for example, supper consisted of a sandwich and soup, plus lemonade and dessert.) The staff seems great, his studio apartment is small but comfortable, and there are activities for him, although as a fairly young man, many don't appeal much to him. The community counselor takes him out to lunch every month or two, and the shuttle takes him to medical appointments. I didn't think we could afford Spring Hills, but the community counselor was terrific and worked with us so that we could. They involve me in formulating a care plan, which I like, and keep me informed of anything I should know. I feel that I can call them whenever necessary, and that I will get a response. Overall, I would rate this facility somewhere between a 4 and 5, although it is only the second assisted living facility I've visited, so I don't have a lot of experience with them (luckily!)

Thank you for the time you took to leave this review. We appreciate your kind words and your detailed feedback.

From Spring Hills Mount Vernon

Residents of Spring Hills Mount Vernon assisted living in the Mount Vernon and Alexandria areas of Northern Virginia, enjoy spacious private apartment suites, fine dining, personalized services, and a wide selection of activities that reflect their interests. Our distinctive approach to assisted living and holistic care, together with our outstanding senior housing, allows residents to live as independently and as vibrantly as possible.

Spring Hills Mount Vernon is located in historic Alexandria, Virginia. Founded in 1749, Alexandria celebrates a rich heritage while offering modern fun and recreation.

Discover America's first home which is located only 2.5 miles from Spring Hills Mount Vernon. Mount Vernon was the beloved home of George and Martha Washington from the time of their marriage in 1759 until General Washington's death in 1799. Visitors are invited to tour the Mansion house and more than a dozen outbuildings including the slave quarters, kitchen, stables, and greenhouse. After a stroll through the estate you can enjoy delicious regional and colonial cuisine for lunch or dinner at the Mount Vernon Inn Restaurant by candlelight and served by colonial-costumed servers.

Only 6.5 miles north of Spring Hills you can enjoy a wide array of great restaurants and shops in Old Town Alexandria. Old Town Alexandria is a quaint historic town just on the other side of the Potomac River from Washington, DC. Dating back to 1749, Alexandria's riverfront was an important colonial port during colonial, revolutionary and Civil War periods. Today Old Town Alexandria is a revitalized waterfront with cobblestone streets, colonial houses and churches, museums, shops and restaurants. There are a variety of fun guided tours of Old Town Alexandria available including cruises on the Potomac River, horse drawn carriage rides, ghost tours, and historic walking tours.

From its iconic monuments and buildings to its historic neighborhoods and free museums, Washington, DC offers so many interesting attractions, which is only 12.5 miles from Spring Hills Mount Vernon. Consider a tour of the White House Visitor's Center, a wealth of information about one of the most powerful symbols of American history and politics. From there you can make your way to a number of moving tributes, including the Vietnam War Memorial, the Jefferson Memorial and the Lincoln Memorial. D.C. is especially known for its museums. From the Holocaust to the history of space exploration and from dinosaurs to international spies, there is a museum for almost every area of interest, with many offering free admission. Great shopping, restaurants and Colonial architecture can be found in Georgetown. And The Mall, a slice of greenery in the center of town surrounded by the buildings of the Smithsonian, is the perfect place to grab a hot dog, relax and take in the sights an d sounds of this lively and influential city.

For the sports enthusiasts there is always a professional sporting event to attend. You can catch a Washington Redskins, Capitals, Nationals or Wizards game at varying times of the year. If sporting events are not your thing you can catch a street fair, festival or shows at the local theater which are plentiful all year round.

You can get to all of these locations by boarding the Spring Hills bus, taxi, train/metro, local bus or boat. We encourage all of our residents and families to take advantage of all there is to see and do in this historical area of ours.

Features of Spring Hills Mount Vernon

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $5,125/month

• Minimum age: 50

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits