Nursing Homes in Alachua County

8 Communities

Signature Healthcare of Gainesville

4000 SW 20th Ave, Gainesville, FL
$$$$
Lisa73581950: "Overall, Signature Healthcare of Gainesville was a good facility. It was an older facility that had been remodeled and refurbished. It was also a small facility. They were very professional and they seemed very caring. The sanitation was pretty good. Everybody was pretty clean, and they had lights in all the rooms. However, the rooms were small; there were two people in a room. There’s not a lot of furniture, only a bed, closet, TV, and chair. For price, they were the lowest... (read more)

Gainesville Health Care Center - Florida

4842 Sw Archer Rd, Gainesville, FL
$$$$
hves: "Trying to get information from this facility about admitting our mother is worse than"pulling teeth!" No one has the same answers-now we are being told that there is a waiting list for long term care when the other day we were told "we are trying to get patients in here!" Who owns this place anyways??? This is such a run around that it makes us wonder...."

Parklands Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

1000 SW 16TH AVE, Gainesville, FL
$$$$
Stayed there: "I was a resident there earlier this year. They used doctors that were not on my insurance plan I had to pay hundreds of dollars out of my own pocket. They did not get my medication until after I had been there three days even though I asked if they would have them ready and they said "yes". I asked that I have a wheelchair ready when I got there. They did not. I was told that they would send me home with meds until the Dr. appointment (that they made). They did not. B... (read more)

Woodlands Care Center of Alachua County

7207 SW 24th Avenue, Gainesville, FL
$$$$
lionhawk66: "My mother was transferred from Nort Florida to this establishment without notice to me as her only child and care giver. They lost her clothes fed her food I would not give To a dog and treated her as a unwanted guest her entire stay. I reached my limit and told them to have her ready for check out with five days notice and they did not even have her medications and oxygen ready. I was firced to delay another couple of days. Do not let your loved ones be brought to this est... (read more)

Park Meadows Health And Rehabilitation Center

3250 SW 41St Pl, Gainesville, FL
$$$$
gatorfmly: "We visited Park Meadows on 12/31/18 around lunchtime and found the staff competent, on task, and pleasant. The facility was clean and the care more than adequate. I read several critical reviews before we went there to see my father-in -law and I am happy to report they are unfounded. No one wants to be in a nursing home, nor does anyone want their loved ones placed in a nursing home, but I am very thankful facilities exist when all other options have been exhausted. I am th... (read more)

North Florida Specialty Care Center

6700 NW 10th Place, Gainesville, FL
$$$$
Blessed 10: "My mother needed a couple days of rehab to gain her strength after having major heart surgery. I brought her to this facility because it was close for the family to visit. In the 24 hours that she was a patient, she never received any of her much needed heart medications! She called to make me aware. I immediately called her Dr. to inform them and picked her up and took her home to take care of her myself. The nurse informed me that the meds were not available and when ... (read more)

Oak Hammock at the University of Florida

2660 S W 53RD LANE, Gainesville, FL

Oak Hammock At The University Of Florida Inc

2660 Sw 53Rd Ln, Gainesville, FL
$$$$

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Alachua County area find the nursing homes community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 27 reviews of nursing homes communities in the Alachua County area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 8 nursing homes communities in the Alachua County area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.