4 Memory Care Facilities near Daphne, AL
Also serving communities of Spanish Fort, Fairhope, Gulf Shores.
The Blake at Malbis11626 US Highway 90, Daphne, AL
The Brennity at Daphne27440 County Road 13, Daphne, AL
Westminster Village - Spanish Fort500 Spanish Fort Blvd., Spanish Fort, AL
Oakland Place, Inc.19570 County Road 33,, Fairhope, AL
At A Glance
There are 4 Memory Care communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $4,474 per month.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Daphne area find the memory care community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 3 reviews of memory care communities in the Daphne area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 4 memory care communities in the Daphne area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Memory Care in Daphne
Daphne is a small Alabama city with a population of about 26,000 people, about 14 percent of whom are over the age of 65. It is projected by the Alzheimer's Association that 92,000 seniors in Alabama have Alzheimer's disease, with those over the age of 75 making up the majority of those diagnosed with the disease.
Seniors living in Daphne with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia are accommodated by nearly a dozen memory care facilities. Two facilities are located in Daphne, and there are nine more in the surrounding area. Memory care facilities in Daphne, as in the entire state, are located within specialty care assisted living facilities.
- Neither Social Security income nor income from public or private pensions is taxed in Alabama, which may allow seniors to put more money in their memory care budget. Other types of retirement income, including withdrawals from retirement accounts, are taxable.
- The air quality in Daphne is fair. The American Lung Association gave the county a C for ozone pollution, an A for short-term particle pollution and a passing grade for annual particle pollution. The region tied for first place for cleanest metropolitan areas in the country for 24-hour particle pollution. This may make it an appealing option for seniors with cardiovascular disease or respiratory illnesses.
- While the overall cost of living in Daphne is a few points higher than the state median, it is about three percent lower than the national average. Healthcare expenses are on par with state and national averages, which may appeal to seniors on a budget.
- Daphne has a relatively low crime rate. On a scale of one to 100, with one representing low crime, the city's property crime rate is 33.8 and the violent crime rate is 13.8. This is compared to the respective national averages of 38.1 and 31.1. The low crime rate may make Daphne an attractive option for families with loved ones who need memory care.
Paying for Memory Care in Daphne
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Alabama
Memory Care costs in Daphne start around $4,474 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of memory care is $4,736 per month.
It’s important to note that memory care rates in Daphne and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Memory Care in Daphne
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Memory Care in Alabama page.
More Ways to Pay for Memory Care
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for memory care, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance memory care costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance memory care, visit our Memory Care in Alabama page.
Free Memory Care Resources in Daphne
Daphne and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Memory Care Facilities in Daphne
Directory of Winners in Daphne Area
Memory Care Laws and Regulations in Daphne
Daphne-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Alabama are required to follow. Visit our Memory Care in Alabama page for more information about these laws.