We need family intervention, who can help?

1 answer | Last updated: Sep 14, 2017
Mws1217 asked...

Our Mother-in-law is in late stages of Alzheimer's. She is at home and we have conflict about putting her in a home, the care is almost impossible but some family members refuse to put her in a home. We need an intervention with an expert that can assess the situation and counsel the family, we need an expert.

Community Answers

Rosar answered...

Hello Mws1217,

Thank you for posting your question. I am sorry to hear of your mother-in-law's Alzheimer's and the challenges you are facing regarding her care. Here are a few resources that may be helpful: https://www.caring.com/articles/family-conflict, https://www.caring.com/questions/assisted-living-decisions-siblings-disagree. Geriatric Care Managers are a good resource for assessing a situation and making recommendations. To locate a geriatric care manager go to: https://www.caring.com/local/geriatric-care-managers. Caring.com's Family Advisors can also assist you in the decision making process and locating community that will meet all of your needs. I hope you find this information helpful. -Rosa