My mom needs a place to stay during the day. Is there a day care for dementia?

Musrat asked...

My brother & I both are gone during the day we need day care for our 81 yr mom w dementia . Is there such place to leave her?

Ladislav Volicer, M.D., Ph.D., is recognized as an international expert on advanced dementia care. He is a courtesy full professor at the School of Aging Studies, University of South Florida, Tampa, and visiting professor at the Third Medical Faculty, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic. Twenty-five years ago, he established one of the first dementia special care units.

There are definitely facilities that provide day care for person's with Alzheimer's disease. To locate one close to where you live, contact you chapter of the Azlheimer Association.

Merrily orsini answered...

Note, that there are Adult Day Centers that specialize in dementia, and has a resource for finding one in your area:

Some have transportation to and from the center, and some are drop off and pick up your loved one. Also, in-home care is an option, should you be able to afford that option, or if your mother is a veteran who served our country at a time of war, or if you by change have long term care insurance for her.