Is there another solution for incontinence?

1 answer | Last updated: Apr 29, 2010

I can't take medication for incontinence because I take glaucoma pills. I want a permanent solution. Is there anything else I can do?

In my practice, I have worked with incontinence in both women and men. What I have learned is that it is a very frustrating problem, and can really impact someone's quality of life. Although the drugs/ medications can be helpful, they are not always the best solution for someone's incontinence problem. What I would suggest is for you to see an incontinence specialist in your area for a complete workup of your problem. Many times, incontinence can be helped with small changes in your daily routine, such as toileting frequently or avoiding caffeine. Even on this website, there are good suggestions you can try to help your problem. Good luck!