How long should I put up with abuse?

Hi.my husband is 82. Last year he had 3 strokes, heart attack. And renal failure. He now wears a cathedar, and bag. This happened a year ago. After 5 hospital stays, he started to get better. It was amazing)! Fast forward to last september. He started getting mean. Nothing really bad, just verbal abuse. It escalated the last month of dec. The verbal abuse is all the time. He is destroying his beloved plants with his bare hands, pulled my elbow out of joint, lost his wallet, checkbook, 700 dollars in cash, hired fly by nights to fix things around here , who, ripped us off(. And he thinks I stole things? So much more going on I can't write all of it. He is NOT the man I married. I can handle the health issues, but must I take the abuse??? It's scaring me. Please advise?

Rosar answered...

Hello Isismommy, Thank you for reaching out to Caring.com with your caregiving concerns. I am sorry to hear about your husband's strokes and heart attack. Here are a few resources that may be helpful: Heart and Stroke Support Group, Heart Attack Resource Center, Stroke Resource Center, Difficult Behavior Resource Center. Caring.com is an informational website, therefore you may want to contact medical or license professionals. If I can assist you with any other resources please let me know.

Stay Connected With Caring.com