Can coconut oil can really help with the affects of Alzheimer's?

Whatever! asked...

Do you think that coconut oil can really help the affects of Alzheimer's?

A social worker and geriatric consultant who specializes in dementia care, Joyce Simard is based in Land O' Lakes, Florida, and in Prague. She is a well-known speaker and has written two books, one focusing on end-of-life care and the other, entitled The Magic Tape Recorder, explaining aging, memory loss, and how children can be helpers to their elders.

Research is not well done and leaves more questions than answers. I don't think it is harmful but probably not beneficial either. Wouldn't it be lovely to have such an easy cure or treatment?

Julielardner answered...

Yes, I have recently started giving 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil to my Mother who has severe AD. It is early days, but I am already seeing subtle changes in her behaviour, cognition and gait..

Can't hurt to try, if anything it will improve the overall health of your loved one..

Daughterjane answered...

The Coconut Oil is making a big difference in my 85 year old Father. He is able to think more clearly and stay alert for longer periods during the day. His walk is also better than before. The most I am able to give him without bowel problems is 5 tablespoons. I divide the coconut oil into three servings on a slice of whole wheat bread at each of his three meals. He loves the taste and always eats his bread first. Praying the good results continue.