Heartland Health Care Center-oakland

925 W SOUTH BLVD, Troy, MI, 48085

Reviews of Heartland Health Care Center-oakland

mary34me June 28, 2016

The best way to describe this facility is understaffed. There is no way it can provide quality care when each staff member has a multitude of patients. My Mom was there for rehab following hip replacement. The staff made it very clear to her that she was not allowed to take herself to the restroom. She had to call for an assist. After pushing the call light- the assist took 45 minutes to arrive. Worse yet- once in the bathroom she was left there on the toilet for just under 2 hours. This type of neglect continued whether she was throwing up and left sitting on the side of the bed with a basin. She had to ask a food service worker to help her back into bed as no one had returned- to errors in her medication. We were able to move her to another facility where she has received outstanding care and therapy. The only reason Heartland is not receiving 1 star is because there are some dedicated staff there that do care. I would not recommend Heartland to any friends or family.

KatCapp September 16, 2015

Physical therapy services are excellent, Communication between nursing shifts was below average.When I called to speak to a nursing supervisor, she transferred me to the nurse.Communication with her primary care physician did not happen and orders that were faxed to the facility by him were never put into place. Communication between social services and family was horrible! Even though it was communicated on admission and several times over the next few weeks that should would be going to Ohio, discharge planning was not communicated to the family. I had been in touch with 2 social workers in the last 3 weeks with absolutely no follow up.I was told i would receive an update as to my mother's progress & level of care after her case conference to make the arrangements for her out of state transfer, again no follow up. I was informed by my cousin that she will be discharged in 3 days, not the facility. Would never recommend and we let her primary care physician know it, although he was not at all surprised by our experience. Absolutely unacceptable!!

Miss Nancy August 25, 2015

I was a patient at heartland, Oakland in Troy for 3 weeks after knee surgery. My care at this facility was wonderful! The therapy I received was one on one, friendly, and professional. There were a few issues that I had to address, and they were taken care of immediately. It's a cheerful and clean facility and I would highly recommend it.

Ironman1 April 05, 2015

I went here after back surgery and was glad I had a place like this to go to! The physical therapy and occupational therapy was outstanding! Friendly staff, if I would have just gone straight home I would have been bending the wrong way etc. At physical therapy they teach you the correct ways of doing things after surgery. The food was good some things I did not like though. Nurses staff very a tentative Rio was very nice! It's a clean place with activities to do during the day!

MarshaM January 06, 2015

I was a resident of Heartland for 8 weeks following knee surgery. This was not my first admit to a rehab facility, but the difference between my previous admit and this one was like night and day. The stay at Heartland was wonderful in comparison to my previous experience. The staff was absolutely wonderful, doing their best to meet my every need and delivering within a timely manner. When I asked for pain medication, I recieved it quickly unlike my previous experience at a different rehab facility where I would wait up to two hours! Also, the therapy department was wonderful. They worked with me on an individual basis, working with only one patient at a time, so you always had their undivided attention. The food was also very good. They gave you a menu the day before with choices for the next day. You always had at least five choices of entree, so you could always get something to your liking. Dietary worked closely with you to meet all your needs. In general this was by far the best rehab experience I've had. So far in fact, that I already am planning to return to their facilty for more inpatient rehab. I highly recommend this facility.

krismellebrand December 28, 2014

Everyone at Heartland was caring, concerned and helpful. The building was immaculate and the food was pretty good! They made a difficult time much easier for the entire family.

Tsmith March 01, 2014

My husband was there for rehab for almost 3 months. The entire time we had excellent service. The staff is wonderful and really seem to be having fun as they work. The nurses are so caring and helpful. I give them 100% credit for his recovery following a devastating stroke. We would not hesitate to go back if need be. Heartland was a godsend to us!

Rochester Hills residents February 04, 2014

Be very careful of their business practices. We asked multiple times to be notified if insurance was no longer covering. I asked each week during my husband's stay. The billing manager assured me we would be notified. When I was presented with a HUGE bill for $4,480 of uncovered charges, we were told that the case manager was no longer working there, the physical therapists had also left, and the Business Manager told me to be grateful and pay because everyone else did because the care was so good. Repeated letters and appeals to corporate went unanswered. This was deceptive, unethical and fraudulent in my opinion. And it did not bother the Business Manager or the Facility Manager one bit to threaten us repeatedly with collection. In the end, I paid. And a year later, am still bitter enough to warn others via this review. $4,000 is a huge amount of money to us while we live on Social Security. I truly feel this is a common practice based on my discussions with other members of my church. Sorry to share this unhappy truth of how we were expected to pay for their failure to submit timely billing, failure to disclose the lack of approval renewal, and failure to keep on top of insurance status due to their staff turnover.

mama04 January 30, 2014

My mom was at Heartland Rehab for 20 days and it’s a great place. She's been there three times and she's really happy with the facility. I think their staff is superior. They have great people there. The physical therapy department is good as well the nurses are great. The rooms are very clean. The food is great.

Kim38 November 21, 2013

Heartland was clean and well maintained. They had very good occupational and physical therapists. They were always having people doing something on the go. People weren't just sitting in the rooms. They were very helpful. If my dad couldn't get to the workout room, they'd come in to the room. They seemed to have enough good staff. It seemed like when we needed someone, they were there. They had cards and did people's nails. I never ate there but my dad never had any complaints about the food and he was very particular so I would say the food was good.

Carolym October 29, 2013

i was there for four weeks it is the best in all areas.

Caring11242 September 25, 2013

My mom was at Heartland Health Care Center. It was highly recommended by people we know. The facility was clean and well-maintained. Everything was pretty good.

Judith10 July 24, 2013

Right now, my friend is at Heartland Rehabilitation Center. They're doing all they can for her and yes, they're doing it very nicely. They are helping her, they're kind to her, and the food is nice. As far as I know, they're doing right because she has never complained about it.

sadstateofcare April 21, 2012

My mother was there for 2 weeks.They did not assist her with eating. Midnight nursing let her sit in diapers full of urine for 45 min to 1 hour in addition to diapers full of feces. Watched as her roommate also laid in a soaked bed for hours. Came out with 3 broken ribs. If you go there, look at the floors in the rooms. Last mopped in ??? This is all true. Place your loved one at their own risk

lpowersfarm@gmail.com March 31, 2012

Rehab center for mom was excellent . everyone was kind and felt good about her being there.

SallyMae1 September 30, 2011

My grandma was admitted to the Heartland Health Care Center and stayed in the facility for 60 days. The building is clean with new amenities and it always smells fresh. The building has a rec center with big tables and comfy chairs. There's also a barber shop that a resident can purchase a haircut or color. It's a lovely facility and a lot of money was invested to make it up-do-date and beautiful. That being said, my grandma experienced a a lot of neglect and rough treatment at the hands of the staff. There is only one doctor that comes in once a week and the rest of the staff are just pill-pushing bullies that would not allow her to rest. If a patient does not want to do something, they have a right to refuse and they wouldn't take "no" for an answer. My grandma was very unhappy there and could not wait to come home. It was clear that they did not really care for her mental well-being and she was just a number on their charts.

gjedlowski August 05, 2011

Both of my parents have spent time in this nursing home. One for a stroke and one for recovery from back surgery. When my step dad was there rehabilitating from his stroke I found it to be very pleasant. The staff was very friendly and attentive and my step dad seemed to feel comfortable there. It was clean and there were different rooms that you could go in for either games or juice and coffee. Or just to walk around. Now the experience when my mother was there was a bit different. I came to visit and I immediately notice that the staff at the time was very unattentive and rude. My mother was in tears because she had to wait a long time for someone to help her to the restroom. It got to the point that I had to speak with the supervisor of the staff. When I came back to visit next time - it seemed different and my mom seemed a little more comfortable. All in all it was a decent experience. But I would definitely pay close attention to the staff during different shifts.

About Heartland Health Care Center-oakland

Heartland Health Care Center-oakland is a nursing home in Troy, MI that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Heartland Health Care Center-oakland for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Heartland Health Care Center-oakland

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Heartland Health Care Center-oakland