Concordia of Monroeville

4363 Northern Pike, Monroeville, PA, 15146

Reviews of Concordia of Monroeville

Ravenmills August 30, 2015

My grandfather is in Concordia monroeville now, it is repulsing how they care for him. I would never recommend this facility to anyone. They claim it is because they are under staffed, but there is no excuse for what they are doing.

Joyce103264350 April 07, 2015

My mother was at Concordia of Monroeville. It wasn't a very good experience. There were a lot of problems. They were always short-staffed. Obviously, the residents were more intensive. A lot of them needed a lot more hands-on attention, but there were very few staff for them. The food seemed to be OK. My mother was in a semi-private room. She was there for physical therapy, occupation therapy, and speech therapy. It took them about like four days to get those together where my mother was actually evaluated and started to go for therapy. I was expecting therapy three times a day, but she basically just got once a day; however, she did start walking again. Regarding security, they had a receptionist at the desk, and they did lock the door at 8:00 at night.

Caring104239150 March 31, 2015

My friend moved in last January at Concordia, and I felt very comfortable and welcomed by the people. All my questions were answered, and it was quite seamless. We went from one home to another, and everything seems to be going fine. The room is very large; she shared a private. There are things going on all doing day long for them, and it seems to be good.

Caring100789550 February 12, 2015

My mother was in Concordia of Monroeville. It was very clean, very friendly, and warm, and the staff was very helpful. She didn't participate too much, but they did have activities that the other residents participated in and seemed to enjoy. They did crafts, they took them places, and they did the Wii for physical activities like bowling -- something like that. Any suggestion that the residents had, they seemed to at least attempt. They had trivia for memory patients and things like that. It was a very nice place. They were aware of special needs, they made sure that they had a balanced diet, and they were very careful in following it. If it was a diabetic, they didn't give too much sugar. The dietician came around maybe once a week into the dining area and talked to the residents and the visitors if there were visitors. Hot soups were always hot, cold soups always cold. If they wanted seconds or extras of anything, they got it. The only issue that we did have -- and it might be because of the transition from the Cedars to the new Concordia ownership -- was that she was on the skilled floor level, and then when she transferred to the independent floor, there was a lot of confusion in transferring the information for her medicines, her history, and her needs, but once we complained, they would address us. That was a big concern for us. And again, it was during the time that they were transitioning -- new employees coming in and old ones were resentful -- so it could be because of that. They had their open house on November 16th, and that was the day that she passed. But overall, it was a good facility.

dukesdaughter January 16, 2015

My sister was placed her after having a stroke during heart surgery. The staff was to turn her from side to side since she was unable to do it herself due to the stroke. She wound up getting a bedsore within two weeks after being admitted. It was brought to the administration's attention. A month later, the bedsore progressed to become a 2-2 1/2" hole and was AT LEAST 1/2" deep. My sister wound up going back into the hospital to have the sore cleaned by a specialist who also had to remove a small piece of her tailbone because it was soft. Aside from this, the staff...for the most part...is not that friendly or helpful. If they do help, it is begrudgingly. I wanted to rate this facility with zero stars, but it wouldn't allow me to do so.

Anonymous7353 August 01, 2013

My mother was previously at Cedars of Monroeville. The accommodation was not spacious. She was just in a regular semi-private room, more like a hospital room if anything. It was fine though. We were pleased with the staff but we had more trouble with the administration than anything else. However, the girls that took care of my mother did a pretty good job. We were also pleased with the food. We were pleased with everything about this facility. I just think that they need to train their staff to be a little more attentive to small details. I also think they need to review and make sure their maintenance equipments are working properly.

Amylou1 February 24, 2012

My father was diagnosed with alzheimers, and eventually my mother was unable to continue to care for him. After visiting several local facilities, she chose Cedars of Monroeville because of its location and appearance. Appearances can be deceiving. During the two years that my father lived there, my mother spent seven days a week, ten hours a day at the facility. She did not do this primarily to spend time with him, but to oversee the care that he was getting, which was less than adequate. Often she had to contact the ombudsman, as well as the Department of Health. When his condition worsened, the staff questioned why she would even consider letting him continue to live. The ultimate insult was the day he died at the facility. My mother had spent two years of her life at this facility, interacting with the staff. When she left the facility for the last time as the funeral director took her beloved husband out the front door for the last time, not one, no, not even one person on staff at Cedars offered her condolances, or even looked in her direction. Very sad indeed.

About Concordia of Monroeville

Concordia of Monroeville is a nursing home in Monroeville, PA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Concordia of Monroeville for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Concordia of Monroeville

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Concordia of Monroeville