Oakmont Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center of Hu

8450 WILL CLAYTON PKWY, Humble, TX, 77338

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Oakmont Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center of Hu

angry granddaughter October 25, 2012

My grandfather was put in this nursing home about 2 years ago, and they are the worst. My grandfather was a diabetic who took insulin on a sliding scale. If his sugar was normal, he didn't get a shot. Twice they gave him a large amount of insulin when his sugar was only 100! (Normal is 80-120). When we were called at home about it, my aunt asked them to go take his sugar again. We were told that if we wanted a private nurse, we should have hired one. A little over 2 weeks before he died, my aunt got a call that he had an eye infection (pink eye, they said!!!) She got there early the next morning, and it was clearly a black eye. He had taken a blow to the head. His trapeze bar was too high for him to reach; he could not sit up alone, or stand under any circumstances. His railing was up, so he could not have fallen out of bed. What ever happened, the blow broke an orbital bone, and he had no memory of the blow itself. This is not unusual for a head injury. But he did say that he got into an altercation with a male nurse. One nurse came running up to my aunt before she even saw Grandpa and the black eye to tell her "I was in the room with "john" the whole time and nothing happened!" (Not his real name, of course!) What we do know is that "John" was not his assigned nurse. He came to the assigned nurse at the end of the shift to tell her that he had just changed my grandfather's diaper and not to bother going in. She, being a good nurse, checked anyway and found my grandfather with a very dirty diaper. She didn't see the black eye, but they take time to form. In the next shift, the eye started swelling and bleeding out of the socket. My grandfather had a drastic personality change for a little over a week, fell into a coma-like state, and died. We believe the injuries, whether accidental or on as a result of the "altercation", killed him.

thebugman September 27, 2012

After falling and breaking a hip my elderly grandmother had to be placed in an assisted living facility. After visiting many we decided on this one.I rated it 5 stars as it is outstanding.The staff (majority of them)are very curtious helpfull and thoughtfull. The place is clean and does not have the putrid oder that some do. She was showered when time, given her medications when due,and her clothes were washed and a clean pair kept on her. They have (had) a dog that was allowed to roam freely to visit with the residents. Most of them loved it when the dog would stop in and say hello as do the visitors. They have birds in the commom or visiting area that break the silence which could be annoying at times i am sure but pleasant for visitors. The administrator was always available. i am an exterminator and have been in many assisted living establishments in the houston metro area and have seen places in them most wont ever see. i give it a thumbs up and thanks for caring for my loved one so well.

About Oakmont Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center of Hu

Oakmont Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center of Hu is a nursing home in Humble, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Oakmont Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center of Hu for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Oakmont Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center of Hu

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Oakmont Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center of Hu