Reviews of Friendswood Health Care Center

Posted by primavera May 19, 2015
1.0

Yes, it's homey and the RN's are nice. The rehab staff are superb. Warning with the discharge: I was promised my mother would get her equipment the day after discharge. They referred me to a home health company. The Director of Nursing at Friendswood Health Center promised that the Dr at the facility would sign off on all of the necessary equipment. I told her I wouldn't take my mom without equipment. To get me off of her back, she (lori) lied and said I would have the equipment, the order was ready.

It's been 4 days since discharge and no medical equipment. Yes, my mother who suffered a stroke has not bathed and got stuck on the toilette for 2 hours after being released because the toilette lift was not there. To this day, the Dr at Friendswood has NOT SIGNED the order for the equipment. When I picked her up they advised me of 6 additional meds for my mom since the stroke but refused to give me the prescriptions stating my mom had to visit her PCP. That Appointment is scheduled for 10 days after discharge so the day after discharge mom's sugar exceeded 300 and blood pressure high thanks to no medication. I did eventually call and complain. They (Carolina) initially said they wouldn't give prescriptions but then they changed their mind when I said I couldn't wait for the PCP.

How can you discharge a stroke patient without prescriptions or medical equipment? Very very negligent and despite their repeated concern of my mom's safety, they could care less because they set her up to collapse or die. That's inhumane.

Their facility Dr never never spoke to us in 2.5 months and never returns calls. Completely useless.

Any facility is better than this hole. Do not go!

Posted by Caring103976350 April 21, 2015
4.0

I did like Friendswood Health Care Center. I feel that it is homey. I had the time to sit with some of the residents there, and they liked the place. They have a very good cafeteria menu.

Posted by customer1 May 31, 2014

This facility is in a residential area. It is small, easy to navigate around in, you won't get tired walking down hallways. Employees are very caring and friendly. Therapy is always busy and know what they know so well. Overall, facility is well seasoned to care for those with advanced needs in quiet lovely residential safe area. My family member is coming here for top level care!!!

Posted by truesouthernlady March 02, 2014
1.0

ONly concerned about getting paid. Does not consistently provide financial information to the family members at time of admission. The staff are generally very good and caring. This facility is old and does not have phones in the rooms. They have a few rooms with TV's but you really have to bring the TV and pay for satellite. This is not emphasized when you take the tour and vomes as a surprize when you arrive with your family member. The facility is dirty and the housekeepers only make a couple of sweeps with the mop. The hallways smell of urine.the furniture is falling apart. My advice would be to look for some other place to put your loved one. Read every piece of paper before you sign it!

Posted by caring4458 June 26, 2013
4.0

Friendswood Health Care Center is a small facility and its only 5 minutes from my home so it's more convenient. The place is homey. The staff were kind and very nice. The dining room was kind of small, but it's the biggest room and that's where they do their activities. The food was good and I would rate it as a medium. They also have coffee and water available. So far my dad is doing good and he is getting better care.

Posted by tbrown57 October 25, 2012
3.0

I took a tour at the Friendswood Health Care Center. Some of the staff seemed to enjoy what they do. They were friendly and very attentive to the people living there. There were on the other hand some employees that seemed very lazy and uncaring. I heard later that most of these employees were noticed and fired. There was a very nice courtyard/sitting area for the people to relax in. I was told that they hold monthly events like dancing and bingo for the people living there. The facilities are clean but not very colorful which to me made it seem somewhat depressing. Overall I really enjoyed my tour and I believe that the people that live in the Friendswood Health Care Center are well taken care of and are happy.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 675699

Health
3.0
Overall
3.0
Quality