St Mary's Center For Rehabilitation & Healthcare

Overview of Ratings

3.9

March 06, 2016

By Tucker D.

This place is an old school nursing home. It's as though all the research that has created beautiful, enriching, and supportive caring environments for the elderly has completely passed it by. The mostly shared rooms are cramped and charmless. There are no meaningful activities throughout the day to engage the residents mentally and/or socially, leaving wheelchair bound residents who line the hallways few distractions, save a fish tank or a bird cage, depending on which floor you're on. There appears to be no distinction between levels of need, resulting in all residents being treated the same, based on the least common denominator. Our healthcare POA relative is alone in his belief that its religious affiliation is enough to make St. Mary's an acceptable facility. Trying to discuss care with various staff is impossible as they do not (a) answer their phones, (b) reply to voice messages, or (c) follow up on concerns expressed in face to face meetings. All in all, it's a very depressing place to visit, never name live in.

January 21, 2016

By Guarding Angel

Services appear to be slipping since it was sold to a for profit group in Dec 2015. Cuts are apparent and experienced staff are leaving. May only be a transitional phase. Hopefully they can maintain or improve conditions. Was a very caring place for a love ones final residence.

January 03, 2016

By Piper dnow

I've been visiting my friend for 3 years now. It was always a great place to visit. The care was wonderful. Now it is so different. Within the past month changes have occurred not for the better. The staff is still very nice, but they are over worked. There have been cuts in staff. I see residents not being feed. One resident begging for water. They have also cut back on the activities. After 4 the residents are on there own. If your family member can't feed themselves dinner. Most likely they won't eat. I seen a man in his 90s giving his wife a bath in bed because no one was getting her ready for bed. Ever since the new people have taken over the nursing home things are just really depressing. It was always a wonderful place.

February 26, 2015

My mom is on the waiting list of St. Mary’s Catholic Home. It seems like it is a clean facility. It looks bright and cheery, and it looks like there is a nice variety of activities and a lot of caring staff. It has a good reputation. They have different buildings for the different levels of care. The rooms look nice. She will be sharing a room, but it looks nice. It’s a little bit more clinical, and it looks a little bit more like a hospital room than a little apartment, but that is because it is a nursing home. Every time we visited, it looks like they have activities going on, and they try to keep their residents engaged. It also has a very beautiful chapel which is nice and good grounds.

February 13, 2015

By oldie but goodie1

My mother was at St. Mary's for a month. What I like most about it was that I felt comfortable that somebody was watching my mother at all times. I knew they were watching her, and she got intense physical therapy there. The place was very clean. I never saw anything that I didn't like. They did a great job. I would recommend this place.

January 20, 2015

By Ruth76279350

My friend recommended St Mary’s Catholic Home so we went to see it. It was very friendly, very well kept, and very clean. The atmosphere was very relaxed, and there were a lot of security measures in place. That was what we were looking for basically. We did get to check out the grounds and all of the amenities. It was very well laid out, very comfortable, very handicap-accessible, and very easy to get around. The exercise room was minimal, but it was enough that they could do whatever they needed to do. The dining area was very basic, but very clean. I saw one of the waitresses, and she was very nice. They try to accommodate whatever the residents’ dietary needs are. The residents said the food was very good. I did see a menu, and it was very varied; they had a vegetarian meal, a meat meal, and a fish meal. There were 10 different things that they could choose from.

November 05, 2014

I visited St. Mary's Catholic Home for my mom. It was clean and pleasant, the people seemed to be very nice, and the residents seemed to be fairly happy, but it was depressing, and we know all of these places are kind of depressing. They have rehab and a gym, but not as we would think of a gym. It was basically just a room with some equipment that the elderly could use and they were helping them to use. It was just an older facility. It was nice, but it was a typical nursing home. I’ve seen newer places as well as the older ones, and it was nice for an older place. The staff was very nice, very pleasant, and accommodating.

July 31, 2014

My mother is now in a nursing home and doing quite well. She is at St. Mary's Catholic Home. We transferred her there because it is close to the family. She has excellent care there. She is in a semi-private room and it has one bathroom. They have an excellent rehab program and she has made tremendous progress. They have a nice dining room. They have excellent food there. They have plenty of activities. They have daily Mass and rosary. Then they have bingo, they have musicians come in and they throw birthday parties. They have outside activities in the gazebo. They have quizzes and movie nights. Everyday there is like four or five different things. The facility is in the beautiful residential neighborhood. There are plenty of grounds to walk around. It is quite a large facility with different buildings depending on the need. My mother's nursing care is excellent. She has an assigned aide for each shift. It is nice because they get to know the patient. All in all I would give this place a 5-star rating because of their quality and consistency of care. The staff is very friendly. The administrative staff is friendly and very helpful.

January 18, 2014

By Mary69973750

St. Mary's Catholic Home admitted mom yesterday. We choose it because of its reputation and we when to talk to them they are great. The facility is clean. The employees are all smiling. The administrator and the people are wonderful. They call the residents there who walk in the hallway by name. Her room is very nice. It has a nice stand, a chair and an area for her clothes. It is sunny and it is by the window. We have lunch there and the food is very good. They are very fresh and tasty. They have activities for the residents.

September 18, 2013

By jackiexc

It has been seven weeks since my 98 year old mother was discharged from St. Mary's Rehabilitation Center and I am happy to report that she is doing well. She appears to me to be more mobile and stronger than she was prior to her fall and hip replacement surgery. We are thankful for the capable and wonderful staff at St. Mary's Catholic Home for her present condition . My mother always looked forward to seeing her CNAs, Lani and Lucy who were caring and did their best to make her feel comfortable and to keep her spirits up. I can not say enough good things about them. Her nurses, Richard and Jun were always there for her, making sure she took her medication. Her physical and occupational therapists (too numerous to name) did their best and never hesitated to ensure her return to the level of mobility prior to her fall. June, her social worker and Edwin, her case manager went above and beyond to accommodate her needs. St. Mary's is the one place I trust to care for my mother should the need arise.

September 14, 2013

By June_60

St. Mary's Catholic Home is a nursing home run by the Archdiocese of Camden. I visited this place for my uncle. This nursing home is in a lovely setting. The outside grounds are beautiful and well manicured. Regarding accommodations, I believe everything there is double occupancy and in some cases triple occupancy. They don't have a private room that my uncle particularly wanted. Also, when I asked about the payment issues, it didn't seem very flexible for us. This facility also is a much older building that needs repair. It looks like all the rooms need some good plastering, repainting or some fixing. I saw one bathroom/shower facility that was kind of old and the tile floor was all stained and that turned me off.

Features of St Mary's Center For Rehabilitation & Healthcare

Medicare (ratings last updated: 07/14/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 06/01/2017

About St Mary's Center For Rehabilitation & Healthcare

St Mary's Center For Rehabilitation & Healthcare is a nursing home in Cherry Hill, NJ that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact St Mary's Center For Rehabilitation & Healthcare for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of St Mary's Center For Rehabilitation & Healthcare