Alden of Waterford

2021 RANDI DRIVE, Aurora, IL, 60505

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Alden of Waterford

Unhappy family member May 20, 2013

Social Worker - Kerry at facility was the worst. She was extremely unfriendly, short, did not seem to take in interest in my fathers situation. My elderly parents had come back for a visit to the Chicago area from Az and while visiting my Dad fell and broke his left ankle. Hospital stay at Edward in Naperville was outstanding, problems began at Alden. Help was needed getting my Dad released from Alden and tranferred to facility in Arizona. Kerry the social worker at Alden was extremely rude and did not seem to know how to handle the situation. She was certainly not the patient advocate. She held up the release and transfer by at 2 days due to her incompetence. She was a nightmare to deal with and finally I had to ask for the Administrator of Alden who was not much help as well. The nurses, aids and therapists were great. Administration the worst.

For Helen June 13, 2012

My Grandmother went to Alden of Waterford after a hip surgery. After arriving at Alden the nightmare began. They are completely understaffed and can not give the patients the care needed to get well. They tell you how wonderful the therapy is and say it is given 6 days a week but in truth the sit in the room waiting for hours waiting for their turn. The girls sit at their computers instead of checking on the patients to see if they need anything. I visited 6 out of 7 days a week and most day my Grandmother lay waiting for someone to change her and get her up out of bed or even get her teeth for her before noon. She contracted pneumonia, then the stomach flu and mersa while there and because of the poor care and imobility developed a pressure wound on the heel of her foot that went untreated and sent her on a downward sprial. My Grandmother was a health active woman that lived with me for the past 5 years. She was in good health for her age and died not because she fractured her hip but because of lack of care given to her at Alden of Waterford. I spoke with the doctor on staff on numerous occasions and we had a plan to manage her care but he never followed through. The day she left I spoke to the doctor about my concerns and asked him to take a look at her and his reponse was her numbers look good. She was on oxygen, and had never been before, and wasn't eating but apparently that was not cause for concern with him. She dies a few days later from the pneumonia that she had and no one seemed to care. I would not send my dog to Alden and I just want to say I am sorry to my Grandmother for not being able to see the writing on the wall at Alden. Enter at own risk is what should be posted on the wall at Alden. I wanted to give it no star rating but it would let me proceed without clicking on a star but Alden does not even deserve the star I gave it.

Social Wk Care Mngr December 19, 2011

This is one of the newer additions to the group of Alden facilities, which are a corporate chain. It looks a little bit different than other Aldens, has more land attached to it, and sits on its own Alden "campus" that include the nursing home, assisted living, dementia assisted living, and independent living apartments. It is far enough south of Aurora proper to feel like it is in the country somewhat. A good deal of attention has been given to the grounds and the waterfall at the entrance to the campus is sure to impress visitors. This review speaks specifically to the nursing care center, as the assisted livings are reviewed separately. Parking can be tight at times for the nursing home, but usually one can find a spot; if not, then one has to park in the assisted living facility lot which is about a half block or so distance away. The building sits on a small "˜hill', so that there one must traverse either stairs or a long, switchback wheelchair ramp to enter. The surrounding outdoor space is comprised of the Alden campus, and then backs up to a residential subdivision, so if one desires to go for a walk there is plenty of space to do so. The lobby is tastefully decorated and appears upscale and modern. There are nice common areas on each floor of the facility that are set up well to allow residents to relax and/or to allow families to visit outside of the rooms. There is also a lower level that has additional common areas including an ice cream parlor. Rooms are slightly above average in size and have nice, upscale built-in wardrobes and quality fixtures. There is space to bring in some, though limited amount of personal items. The food is above average in appearance, variety, and tastefulness and rarely generates resident complaints. Care staff is responsive and attentive, though like most facilities it is not unheard of to have to wait sometimes to receive requested help. The short term rehab program is also good and well regarded in the local community, with professional and skilled staff. While not perfect, it does seem to have succeeded in being just a little bit fancier than most of the other Alden facilities, and it has improved some over time since it opened. If four and a half were allowed, that would be the most appropriate rating in my opinion, but giving them the benefit of the five star since the aesthetics are so nicely done.

ek April 02, 2008

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES HAVE ANY RELATIVE ENTER THIS FACILITY. The "rehab" is horrible, non sanitary, and they force resident to wet and soil themselves rather than assist them to the restroom. This causes bedsores. Both my family members have gotten serious, life threatening infections here based on atrocious careworkers.

About Alden of Waterford

Alden of Waterford is a nursing home in Aurora, IL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Alden of Waterford for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Alden of Waterford

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Alden of Waterford