Briarcliff Haven Healthcare and Rehab Center

1000 BRIARCLIFF ROAD, Atlanta, GA, 30306

Reviews of Briarcliff Haven Healthcare and Rehab Center

Concerned Grandson September 11, 2011

My family and I had to decide where to take my grandfather when my grandmother passed. We looked all around and visited many. Briarcliff Health Care is a nursing and health care home that we visited in the hopes of it being the one. Sadly when we arrived there we found that it was in fact not going to be the one. When we first arrived the parking area and the outside of the home and facilities nearby were all clean, and well lit. Throughout the entire facility we noticed that it was all very clean and well taken care of. We made sure to check ceilings and walls for mold and other things that may be growing, (We visited a home previously that was filled with mold, and one that had a plant growing through the wall). The neatness and how clean the home is was a major plus for us. We made sure to check everything, down to the food being served. We in all honesty had no desire to drop my grandfather off on a home, but with me joining the Air Force and my brother leaving for college there was no options. Well we had checked the eating area; it was well maintained and well organized. The food however left a lot to be desired. In the easiest way to put it, it was plain and just down right disgusting. The food was calendared and never varied per week. We desired to taste test the food before leaving. It was as bad as it looked. The pasta was dry and the bread was near stale. So far we have a plus and a minus, not good but not horrid. As we left the cafeteria and entered into the lodging area, we were taken aback. All the neatness and organization that was kept in the outer areas of the home was defiantly not found here. The rooms were a pig sty something you would expect to see in a children's room. We asked around to the nurses and the people staying at the home to find out why they were messy. We got two answers one from each party. Of course as you could expect the nurses and care staff would say it was there fault they would throw things around and mess up their room in protest. I will use one example of what an elderly patient said to me, this woman was eighty nine years old and was in a wheelchair. She could not have been more than ninety pounds. She had told me that they only cleaned the rooms once a month, often times skipping a month, or skipping certain rooms if the patients were not as responsive as the staff desired. I could not see this frail fragile ninety year old woman tearing up the room in protest. That was a huge minus for me I actually counted that as ten. I turned around and walked out of the room and the home in all. There was no way at home I was going to let my grandfather stay in a home where the staff couldn't even take time to clean the rooms. I was disgusted by that lack of care. I don't see how or why anyone would let someone they love stay there. My recommendation would be to stay as far away from this establishment as possible.

Show 1 More Review Show Fewer Reviews - Write a Review

About Briarcliff Haven Healthcare and Rehab Center

Briarcliff Haven Healthcare and Rehab Center is a nursing home in Atlanta, GA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Briarcliff Haven Healthcare and Rehab Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Briarcliff Haven Healthcare and Rehab Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Briarcliff Haven Healthcare and Rehab Center