Brookdale Winston-Salem

275 South Peace Haven Road, Winston-Salem, NC, 27104

Reviews of Brookdale Winston-Salem

Trr January 19, 2015

Do not place your loved one here! We took my mother out after only two months because we were so concerned at the lack of care she was receiving. The day we brought her home we discovered her toe was severely infected. She ended up having that toe removed. I rated it one star only because I could not post my review otherwise. They truly do not deserve that.

We deeply regret that we were unable to meet your expectations. Please be assured that the safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority and we share their concerns as well as the concerns of their families and friends. We will share and review your feedback to better serve our residents in the future.

Caring73644061 December 27, 2013

We didn't like Clare Bridge of Winston-Salem's location. However, their staff was nice. They also have a recreation person there that tries to get people out of their rooms and do what they're able to do.

NanaCatherine August 13, 2012

Excellent home for my Mother. Clean, abundant care, caring staff. Only 38 residents. I would highly recommend Clare Bridge to anyone with a loved one who they can no longer take care of.

Caring25 June 18, 2011

Searching for a facility that might be appropiate in the future for my husband, I was very impressed on my recent tour. The facility in Winston-Salem for demensia is lovely, very clean with very nice furnishings, outdoor areas, separate dining rooms, spacious rooms, and the patients I observed were obviously well cared for - and cared about. It is certainly a place I would consider placing my husband when that becomes necerssary

sadtosay January 15, 2011

Not satisfied

My parent was a resident at ClareBridge due to dementia. I was asked to take my parent to the MD due to her behavior? Alzheimers care facility? I made an appointment and upon my arrival at ClareBridge found that there was a weeping ulcer on the right great toe. It was swollen three times normal size and angry red. No one knew there was anything wrong with that toe. The "behavior" was pain related which NO ONE questioned or investigated. This is not a facility I would recommend. After six months of care that foot was saved from amputation.

From Brookdale Winston-Salem

At Brookdale Winston-Salem we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale Winston-Salem are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Features of Brookdale Winston-Salem