Elmcroft of Point Loma

3423 Channel Way, San Diego, CA, 92110

Reviews of Elmcroft of Point Loma

January 01, 2016

By Charles C.

Elmcroft of Point Loma seems to be a good place. My mom is doing good there. They take good care of her. So far, it has been good. It is a lock facility, so she can't just walk through the doors. They do actually really good.

November 05, 2015

By Nanci4

I did go to Elmcroft of Point Loma for my mom. It is in an undesirable neighbor. It is right on the freeway, and it has a lot of homeless people living around the outside part of it. However, once you got in, the facility was very pretty, very clean, and nicely furnished. The staff was very friendly. It seemed very small. It was like everything was in one room, e.g., the activities, the dining, and the sitting area. Everything was just in a circle in one big room, so if they weren't dining, they were watching TV in the same room or doing activities. Also, the facility is small, because it is just one level. It was definitely cheaper than the other facility. Elmcroft would be my third choice of the four I visited. It was nice enough, but I just didn't like the area.

April 18, 2015

By Bevee

I have a sister and brother-in-law who are residents of this facility and am there often. Management has made the transition easy for me and my family and is very responsive when I or they have questions or needs. They have excellent care! My brother-in-law is now walking with a walker when before he came in he was nearly a vegetable. The caregivers are friendly and very helpful. I observe a lot when I am there and see love and attention given to the residents. The food is good quality and the kitchen will adapt to different diets. They facility is clean and well taken care of. Elmcroft is a safe and caring place for your loved one and I feel fortunate to have mine residing there.

April 06, 2015

By HONEST REVIEWER

Actually this place doesn't even deserve 1 star. My relative has been living here for just over 6 months and we've had nothing but problems. They are severely UNDER STAFFED. They are not able to deal with fall risk patients, my relative has fallen over 4 times each time resulting in a trip to the ER. I've been told by staff members more than once that the falls were preventable, that other caregivers weren't doing their jobs. After many meetings with management little to nothing has improved. I am currently looking to move my relative as soon as possible. I'm worry more and am under more stress now than I was when my relative was living with me.

July 30, 2013

By Lisahof

This place is horrible. They are way too understaffed and they mistreat there clients. Malnutrition, unexplained bruises. Beware.

July 27, 2011

By Gizella

A family friend is a resident at this Altzheimer's living facility. We visit it often and have found it to be an exceptionally good care unit. The staff are friendly, the facility is very clean and our friend is doing well there.

Photos of Elmcroft of Point Loma

Features of Elmcroft of Point Loma

• Spanish

About Elmcroft of Point Loma

Residents of Elmcroft of Point Loma are proud of the independence they maintain and enjoy the security of 24-hour personalized assistance. While we offer a helping hand with day-to-day tasks such as dressing, bathing and medication monitoring, they are treated as the accomplished individuals they are. They enjoy the freedom of choosing their own agenda and activities, while feeling secure in knowing that we are always there to provide support should they need it.

Map of Elmcroft of Point Loma