American House Southfield Senior Living | Independent Living

27577 Lahser Rd., Southfield, MI, 48034

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of American House Southfield Senior Living | Independent Living

Caring94133850 September 30, 2014

Mom is at American House – Southfield. We chose it because of the location, the price, and the facility itself. She has been in this facility for two years. At first we thought it was more of an independent living, but most of the folks there need assistance of some kind. So I think it would be good for them to advertise the facility as an assisted living versus independent living. They do have activities, but most of the folks that participate are not really physically able to fully participate, so that has been a disappointment. Mom plays bingo, Wii bowling, and chair exercises. Their rooms are great. She has a huge apartment that is newly painted and with new carpets. We are pleased with the facility. The food is certainly abundant, and initially she complained something, but they were able to rectify that. The staff, the housekeeping, and the aides are just fantastic. They are very personable. They allowed her to engage in assisting in some of the activities. They are very warm and very loving. They make the seniors feel very comfortable and they provide a very friendly atmosphere.

Thank you for your kind words! Our staff is definitely top notch, and I'm very proud of them. And you're right - we are an assisted and independent living community, which is why our personal care services are offered on an a la carte basis (so residents only pay for what they need). If you have any suggestions for activities, I'd love to pass them on to our Life Enrichment Director! Call me or stop by anytime.

Sincerely, Belinda Smith, Executive Director 248-353-5835

John65736950 July 24, 2013

American House is nice, clean with big living rooms. It has two-bedroom apartments with two bathrooms and a built in washer and dryer and that was pretty nice. They were very helpful and they took the time and showed me around. They showed me the apartment of course then they gave me a tour of the facility and the dining area and I think it could be a little bigger.

Thank you for leaving this review. We’re glad you found our staff helpful!

From American House Southfield Senior Living

Offering spacious apartments to rent monthly as well as condominiums for purchase, American House Southfield is ideally situated near family, friends, shopping, and familiar medical professionals in Southfield, Oak Park, Beverly Hills, and Farmington Hills. We are also close to nearby hospitals including Providence Hospital and Medical Center, Botsford Hospital, and Royal Oak Beaumont. Southfield Senior Living provides Independent Living with assistance available.*

Floorplan options at Southfield feature 1 and 2 bedroom apartments - all with full kitchens, living rooms and private baths. We also have a community dining room with restaurant-style dining available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Property amenities also include a heated swimming pool, activity room, exercise facility, library/computer labs and beautifully maintained grounds.

Our Activity Director plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips. Resident Services also include scheduled transportation. Laundry and housekeeping services are also available.

*Medical support services provided by a third party not affiliated with American House.

Reimbursement

• Beautifully Maintained Grounds

Resident Services

• Restaurant Style Dining Available for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
  • Housekeeping Services Available
  • Activity Director with a wide range of cultural, social, and recreational activities and trips
  • 24-hour staffing

• Emergency Call System
  • Private Bathrooms

Additional Assistance Available

• Onsite Personal Care Company
  • and many other available support services

Location of American House Southfield Senior Living