Shawnee Hills Senior Living

6335 Maurer Road, Shawnee, KS, 66217

Reviews of Shawnee Hills Senior Living

Caring112921550 September 07, 2015

Shawnee Hills is a beautiful place. The apartments are really nice. The woman that I met took a lot of time to show me the facility and help me out. She had me stay for lunch there, which was really nice because my mother was a very limited eater. It was a wonderful visit, and it would be a nice place for my mother to live at, but we just cannot afford it. It would have been a very perfect location for us because it's in an area where my mother is familiar with. They seem to have a lot of things going on for the residents. They encourage them to socialize outside of their apartments. The staff knew the people by name, and I can see that it’s friendly place. They have bingo, movies, and puzzles set up. They have a lot little library where you could take books out or you can also donate books to the library. They have a bus that would take the residents out of outings like grocery shopping. The dining room was really nice. When you move in, you are allowed to take two meals a day there. You could do breakfast or lunch. They have everything that I would have loved to have for my mother except for their price tag.

Debbie105291050 May 15, 2015

We just moved my mother to Shawnee Hills last week. We really like it, and she likes it. The food is great. They have a lot of different activities like trips, doctor's appointments, bingo, and a happy hour with a band once a week. It's a very clean and nice place, and the people are nice. I would recommend them.

Caring84891650 May 20, 2014

I visited Shawnee Hills Senior Living. It was well kept, nice, and clean. The rooms were OK and of adequate size. The people were friendly. I have eaten there quite a few times, and the food is very good. You have a lot of choices, so I have no complaints about the food. They have a lot of activities, like trips or shopping; all kinds of things. I like this place.

Ronald5 June 20, 2013

My mom lived at Shawnee Hills Senior Living for about six months before she passed away. The staff were very helpful during her stay. The rooms are really nice. The food was excellent and they have several different activities.

From Shawnee Hills Senior Living

Shawnee Hills Senior Living located in Shawnee, Kansas is a premier independent living community that offers an array of amenities to meet our residents' needs and tastes. We are the only independent living community offering month-to-month leases with no buy-in fees in the Shawnee area. With over 12 different floor plans in the community we have a layout that will match the variety of needs and tastes that our residents desire. Shawnee Hills Senior Living offers access to a wide variety of amenities and services designed to help residents age in place all within a luxurious but home-like environment. Our modern finishes and functional common spaces make our community a place where residents can feel spoiled but comfortable at the same time.

Our dining room has beautiful views. And we are located near shopping and restaurants.

Features of Shawnee Hills Senior Living

• Internet in residents' rooms

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Physical therapy

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• Financial guidance extra: Medicaid not accepted
  • We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Shawnee Hills Senior Living