Madison Meadows

7211 N 7th St, Phoenix, AZ, 85020

Reviews of Madison Meadows

MM543585 March 04, 2017

I thought Madison Meadows was a bait-and-switch because they had advertised it at $1,500, then they turn around and say it's $2,200. They showed me a one-bedroom apartment, which was practically the same amount as other little rooms. The first room they showed me was their special for the month at $1,500, and it was so small. The second room was a little bit bigger and better but that cost $2,200. They showed me a one-bedroom that was nice, and I really liked it. The place was clean and the manager was nice, but there wasn't any security there. We walked in and there was no one at the front desk, so we just walked around. Someone could just walk in off the street and start walking around the place with no one to at least greet them. The dining room was beautiful, and there was a room where you could use the oven if you didn’t have one. The seating area, the grounds, and the pool were nice.

Raeann342312 December 28, 2016

Madison Meadows smelled like smoke when I walked in; smoking is permitted in their apartments. The rooms were all very nice, and the staff was very good. They showed me their model apartments, which seemed to be very nice and clean. The people there seemed very happy, and it looked like they had very nice meals. The menu looked great, and the common area and the dining area looked nice.

Bar421 December 20, 2016

It was very warm, inviting and Friendly. They were very knowledgeable and treated us as individuals. The place was awesome and the Grounds was so beautiful and well kept. The Apartments were very clean and had everything one could need. The food was excellent and the dining room was cheery and warm. The Staff are a credit to themselves and to the Company. I would Highly recommend Madison Meadows.

Mona008721 December 14, 2016

Madison Meadows looked very nice, clean, and very attractive. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was inside. I had tremendous rapport with the lady that escorted me around. I had nothing against it. The residents were sitting around doing things together. I've been looking at many other places, and this was the nicest I've seen. The dining area was quite nice. The disadvantage, though, is I won’t have my own washer and dryer. Another disadvantage was that the outside area was small, so you're always in a common area. The most important thing about this place is you can rent per month.

Patricia308425 November 14, 2016

Madison Meadows is incredible, but it was way too expensive for me. The people seemed happy, and the place is very pleasant. They're very friendly, and the place is like a country club. I was not impressed with the rooms because they were so small. The dining room is unbelievable, and the food is wonderful. The waitresses are dressed up like waitresses in a 5-star restaurant. They don't have menus on the table, but they tell you what's available on a small activity sheet, and you can eat as much or as little as you want. What I had was absolutely delicious, and they bring a tray around and they have a cart of desserts for later as well as a beverage cart that comes around. It's unbelievable. Another thing that they do while you're in the process of making up your mind is they invite you to come and share in the activities, have free lunch once in a while, and participate in their special holidays and parties to give you a feel of everything. If I had money, I'd be there in a heartbeat. You can even have your pets there, and there's a charge for that, but how many people move into something like that and they don't know what they do with their dogs that they've have for 5 or 10 years.

Jo572267 November 08, 2016

Everyone at Madison Meadows was really nice, and the residents and employees were very friendly, but to me, it was a little rundown and that kind of turned me off. Other than that, everyone was just super nice and very cordial. It's an old place, but everyone there seemed very happy. The unit I looked at was not convenient and was not what I need because it had a very small living room and did not have a washer and dryer which is a must for me. In the bedroom, it had a big window fan which indicated to me that maybe the air conditioning didn't work. It just wasn't what I wanted, but everyone was wonderful and very pleasant, and the residents seemed very happy. It wasn't a horrible place, but it just wasn't for me.

Michael471374 August 22, 2016

My impression of Madison Meadows is very good. The staff is also quite good. I was impressed. The food is quite good. The residents seem very comfortable.

Erin311171 August 22, 2016

My grandfather is in Madison Meadows. The room is a bit small like a tiny studio apartment. It's basically almost like a dorm room in a way, so I wasn't impressed by it. There's not much storage space, either. As far as I know, the food was okay. They serve things that he doesn't like to eat, so he's not too happy about that.

Visitor12345 May 11, 2016

At Madison Meadows, they only have studios and one-bedrooms, and those were very small. It was a very pleasant atmosphere. The people who run the place, like the managers and the sales rep, they were very welcoming and very nice. However, there was very little ambience. The food was good. They did offer three meals. They were in the process of doing a lot of remodeling, but it looked like it was well kept. Ordinarily it’s very well kept and it seems like a very pleasant place, but it is just not my taste or my price.

Luann5 May 11, 2016

I thought Madison Meadows was excellent. Everything was really good and clean, and we liked it, but it was kind of expensive. The staff was friendly. The food was good. I think they had a gym. The amenities and services were good.

BarbOBBIE May 11, 2016

I visited Madison Meadows. The building is older, and the tile on the floor is older. You need to go outside to get to your apartment, and the walkway was a little unsafe. The staff was lovey and very nice. However, the price was comparable to the another newer place I saw. The apartments were also older, but the one I saw was spacious enough.

GaryXIRCV May 11, 2016

Madison Meadows looked like a social place where mom could feel really comfortable. They had a nice place to stay where she would be taken care of well. When I was there, they had a little sale on jewelry. They served meals three times a day. The staff was friendly, caring, informative, and seemed to really like their jobs.

Chizu I. March 31, 2016

I really liked Madison Meadows. It had a swimming pool and a good location. It's a bit expensive but worth it.

Happy Daughter-In-Law1 February 10, 2016

We visited Madison Meadows for my mother-in-law. Everybody seemed nice. The facility was very nice. The age range was decent. They took us to a couple of different apartments. They were nice, and accommodating. I really like Madison Meadows. It was a very nice facility. However, out of all the locations we saw, their location was a little bit older as far as inside the apartments, and the appliances. They showed us one that was not remodeled, and one that was. The remodeled one was much nicer. Then after comparing that to some of the other locations, it wasn’t quite as nice as some of the other locations.

Viisitor January 23, 2016

I looked at Maddison Meadows. The staff is very nice. The rooms were very small-- like a motel room with a bathroom. It was too pricey. The amenities were nice, you got three meals a day, and light housekeeping. They have a little convenience store.

Jody9 January 18, 2016

My dad was at Madison Meadows. It was a nice place, but we needed to move Dad from there because he can no longer do independent living. The staff really did a good job with taking care of him. They offer different things for the residents, like trips to the stores and doctors' visits, bingo, music, and other different things going on.

Linda D. December 22, 2015

We toured Madison Meadows, and their staff was very nice. The place is clean, and it's all one level, and it’s very small so very personable. The rooms were a little older facility, but it's very nice.

Anonymous113145350 November 30, 2015

My dad liked the area at Madison Meadows. The workers are friendly, although there’s really not a lot for him to do there. The rooms are really small and old. The staff are all very nice. As for the activities in the facility, they have bingo once a week and they go out to dinner.

Sister5 October 31, 2015

The staff at Madison Meadows was very helpful. My cousin wanted a studio, and they do had several studios. Everything was included; that's what made it nice. The dining room seemed very nice. I did not eat there, but the food seemed very nice. They had a bus that would take people to different functions in the city. I liked the place itself, and they were very friendly on top of it. I also liked the location.

F. Mead September 15, 2015

We went to Madison Meadows unannounced. We went there April of last year. They had more than one unit of one-bedroom-one-bath that has a telephone. They served food three times a day. They're pretty standards; however, improvement was on the way.

Vi1 May 16, 2015

The problem I have is trying to find an inexpensive one. The least expensive one that I could find was over at the Phoenix area at the first place that I went to which is Madison Meadows. They have at least one studio apartment that was the cheapest. The only thing I had to say is the people were very lovely and very nice. We had a luncheon there, and that was quite nice as well. The food was wonderful and excellent. The only problem I had is that it is too far away, and it is much older than all the other places. I think they were in the process of updating some of their places, but the rooms were quite old. They had entertainment that came in, and they also had games and other things that people participate in on the inside like bingo. They had all kind of things. The cleanliness was OK, but I think they need to work on it. When I first walked in, there was kind of a musky smell about it, and I think it is mainly because it is older. The people seem to be very happy there. They have a lot of independence and room to put a little garden area in some of them, and they enjoy that. Their work ethics are just fine. In fact, they contacted me a few times to ask me to come back. But I had to say that I prefer to stay in this area. It was nice, and the people were nice. I was able to talk to one of the workers there, and they were in the process of remodeling the units. For the area and for their people, I thought they were very nice. They accommodated me quite nicely. There were other people waiting there for their appointment, and I think they are doing very well.

Caring105791350 April 25, 2015

Most of the retirement community are three or five stories high, but Madison Meadow is all on the ground floor and easy to get around. The staff is very good. The only thing I don’t care for is the way they have the dining room set up. TIt takes at least an hour to get a meal. Managers keep changing -- good ones and bad ones. I have been here for five years now.

Hi! I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. Thank you so much for your sincere review. I've shared your feedback about our management turnover and dining room service with our Resident Relations department. Please note that if you have anything else add, you're welcome to call them as well at 1-800-370-8331. Thanks again, Katie

Mac3 March 20, 2015

I have stayed at Madison Meadows for only about two months, and I was not happy. The conversations there were about who got taken away by an ambulance, who was in the hospital, and who was dying. It was too depressing for me. It was not my cup of tea. The people were much older than I was. The apartments do not have a kitchen. They only have a bedroom and a living room. It was not like a home. They had activities but not many. It was not for me. The food was good though, and it was nice and clean.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office in Oregon. Thank you so much for leaving a sincere review of Madison Meadows. Although I'm disappointed that you did not enjoy your time there, I appreciate your feedback. We clearly can't control what our residents talk about or are interested in, but we can control our amenities and activities program, so your opinion is very valuable. I passed your feedback to our Resident Relations department for their review.

Leslie38 February 18, 2015

I thought the staff at Madison Meadows is very friendly and very nice. I got to meet more of the staff people. I thought it was a little bit more socially friendly for my sister. The living facilities are a little small though. We did see them interacting and doing some exercising which I liked. We actually had lunch at their dining room, and it was very nice. The food was very good and excellent.

LovingDaughter7 November 17, 2014

Great place. My father likes it. Unfortunately, the outdoor smoking section is situated right in front of 5 residences and in the inner courtyard. Most residents have to pass by these nicotine addicts 3 times a day to get to the dining room or game rooms. Really unfortunate. It is impossible for many residents to sit outside or open their windows due to the 2nd hand smoke. We will most probably be relocating my father as he is very sensitive to the 2nd hand smoke and we want to encourage him to get outside more. I've heard another resident saying the same thing. Too bad smokers rights trump the healthy elderly living there. I say put the smoking section in the alley or parking lot away from windows and other residents. These are frail elderly who should be protected fron, not subjected to, heavy 2nd hand smoke.

Caring95971950 October 19, 2014

I went to a place called the Madison Meadows. The studios that I saw were a little small. Then I saw another one that was slightly bigger, and then the one bedroom was better and the two bedrooms very nice. All of them opened onto a courtyard. So, people could have a little bit of furniture and plants by the door. Also, they usually had another door that was indoors. The people were very friendly and nice. The people that I talked to said they really liked it. The food was OK. One thing that interested me was that, I do have long-term health care that had the component for home care and they said that I could use it there. If I reached the point where I would need something like assisted living or a homecare was appropriate, I could do it there. I could bring my own people in or hired my own nurse. That was really nice.

Grace20 July 19, 2014

Madison Meadows was a very nice place, clean, and well-kept. However, just by looking around, I didn't feel as if it was the place for me. They have a tremendous program of everyday activities, but I didn't see a lot going on when I was there. I saw a lot of card and board games, handcrafts. I was looking for more active activities.You have like a suite where you have just a bedroom and a small living area. You have large facilities. It seemed like a very pleasant dining environment, and they gave me a pecan pie. That was delicious.

Maryann7 May 30, 2014

I was able to go here, Madison Meadows, and this facility is quite nice, and the person who was there talking with me was extremely informative. I would have no problem with placement there based on what I saw. It’s a lovely facility. It looked very nice, and it smelled very nice. I would say that it would probably be a very pleasant place to stay.

Shari6 April 30, 2014

The people at Madison Meadows were very friendly. Everybody was really happy in there. They have a large dining room there, and they offer three meals a day, and if you want, you can get snacks. I'm a diabetic, and I can get special for that, and they'll work with you. They have a waitress who goes around and asks what choice you want from the menu that day. They're so friendly. They also offer very good food. They have a book club, and they have a room where they have movies. If you want to go to a movie theatre, you can sign up, and they'll make arrangements to get you there. The staff was excellent. The lady I spoke to had worked for years doing the same thing, so she knew everything. She answered everything I asked.

Bill34 January 31, 2014

My mom is in Madison Meadows. It's a great facility. It's wonderful. Right now, this place works well for us and the family is happy with it. Also my mother seems to be comfortable here. They have different apartment sizes. We have her in one-bedroom which has a living room, a kitchen area, a bathroom and a bedroom. They provide three meals a day. Everybody is encouraged to go outside to the dining hall. The people there like their food. It's okay. The kitchen always has their challenges, but I guess they do alright. For activities, they have regular entertainment, bingo, exercises, etc. They go to casino and sometimes they go out to eat at restaurants. Overall, I would rate it pretty high because it's unique. It's pretty ideal in many ways.

Harriet2 December 28, 2013

My father moved to Madison Meadows. It's purely independent living and it’s a smaller unit. It’s all single level. My dad has one bedroom apartment that is approximately 500 square feet. The managers for the property live on site. They provide three meals a day and they have organized activities. They also provide transportation to church services and medical appointments.

Caring70806950 October 05, 2013

We visited Madison Meadows and my mom liked it. The facility was clean. I really have nothing to compare it to, but I think this one was just kind of basic. The only apartment that we looked at was just a one-bedroom apartment and it was very small. We only met one staff and she was nice to us.

Caring69717850 September 29, 2013

I had a pleasant visit at Madison Meadows. The staff was very nice. The rooms that I saw were spacious. I didn't see they need anything to improve on. In fact, I like the place. However, it was expensive. Nevertheless, I would surely recommend this place.

Rita13 September 23, 2013

I visited Madison Meadows and I didn't like it. I thought it was very depressing. Their apartments were very small. We really didn't have much interaction with the staff but they were nice. They had very little trees. To me it felt like a prison. I think it was an old school that was converted into an independent living facility.

Kayla10 September 16, 2013

My friend moved into Madison Meadows about a year ago. The food is okay, the apartments are very small. They include cleaning services however, don't expect much. The apartment isn't cleaned the way I would expect. Now on to All Care Services.... talk about taking you to the cleaners. They really know how to charge the $$$ if your family member needs extra care I would suggest moving them to an assisted living facility. The cost to check blood sugar, pressure, bring food when sick, showering, dressing will drain your account!!!! Bed bugs.... yes, I've seen many mattress out once on the rooftop they said the sun would kill the bugs. Dreadful place stand clear and stay away!

Gene6 August 28, 2013

Madison Meadows is about 3 miles from the VA. That's where I will go when I'm all set. They have a wonderful dining room. I have eaten there before when they invited me to come and they served extremely good food. The facility and the apartments are extremely nice. They do have activities. They have entertainers coming in for their residents. They also have their own transportation service and that would come in handy for me whenever I need to go to the VA.

YankeeGal April 17, 2013

My MIL lived here for close to 1 year (2012"”2013). When we toured the facility, the staff was friendly, the residents seemed happy and there were lots of activities planned for them. The Marketing representative was also very nice and she made it clear that this was for independent senior living, but they had a company, All Care, on-site to help with basic care/nursing needs. So, the apartment company and the nursing company are 2 separate entities within the community and they bill separately. I can't really complain about either staff in our situation, in terms of them being friendly and helpful (until the very end).

The apartments were okay. A few different options to choose from, but certainly not fancy or updated. You get what you pay for on that front. But my MIL wasn't used to granite countertops and travertine flooring anyway, so the style of the apartment was not a big concern.

Here are our main 2 issues: #1 Bed bugs; #2 Nickel and Diming.

When we moved my MIL into the apartment, we bought all new stuff. Except for her clothes and a few toiletry items, everything else was brand new that we brought into her apartment down to the pencils, paper and silverware. And of course, she never had bed bugs in her previous home. So, a few months into her living there, we go over to change her sheets and there were bed bugs everywhere. Talk about feeling skeezed out! Her mattress was bought at the Mattress Firm and her linens from Bed, Bath & Beyond, so those bugs didn't come from there. The Madison Meadows staff worked with us to get an exterminator out and take care of the problem and we were able to save the mattress, but it was just a creepy ordeal. I've heard from previous reviews of this complex, that this has been an issue in the past. So, that's something to consider. It's not like you walk in to tour an apartment and find its infested with bugs. They are sneaky and hide in the floorboards, etc. I think this complex needs to get very aggressive about combating this problem. About once a month, we'd see a mattress thrown out near the dumpsters and it's hard to say if it was due to bed bugs or a resident passing away, but it just seemed curious. But my MIL had bed bugs in her apartment and I'll leave it at that.

Our second big complaint is we are currently being nickel and dimed by their corporate office. We were told by the manager that they required a 30-day notice, which we provided. We put it in writing and had the manager sign and date the letter as proof that they received our notice. Now, 4 months later, we are getting bills for the prorated portion of the month that she moved out in. Basically, we gave notice by December 15th because she moved out January 15th (30 days notice). But now, their corporate office is saying we needed to give notice by December 1st because the MONTH she moved out was January. It doesn't matter that she moved out halfway through Jan, they want a 30- day notice from the first of the MONTH the resident moves out, not the specific date within that month. That's not what we were told. They are coming back now, saying that in the rental contract, this is stated. Yeah, okay. But when the property manager accepts the notice we give her and instructs us that this is the correct procedure, we didn't run to our copy of the rental agreement to make sure she wasn't lying!! In hind-sight, I guess we should have, but we never had problems with the staff previously so we took her at her word. Silly us!! We paid the first half of the month of January that my MIL lived there and now they want us to pay for the second half of the month after she moved out.

(Side note: I'm really ticked off that I spent so much time cleaning her apartment when she moved out because I had that place cleaner than what it was like when my MIL moved in. We even donated some of her home goods/décor items to the community and left chairs and a table in the back patio for the new resident. We had cleaned up the back patio and put pavers down over the bare dirt so she'd have a nice patio area.)

If they were not trying to nickel and dime us, I never would have written this review. Their send-off certainly left us with a bad taste in our mouth for this community.

Caring4200 December 17, 2012

I've toured just about every possibility in Phoenix because I wanted to make sure that I would be satisfied with the one I would move into. I like Madison Meadows' location. I like the residents and I like the people who ran it. The staff is very nice and helpful.

Pheonaz1 July 23, 2012

all in all i would have to say that there are far better options out there for your loved ones. this facility likes to pride themselves off of comfort and respect for their residents, but my mother and i were very unhappy with the outcome. the food seems like it is frozen, thawed out and then steamed. (i imagine it to be like what jail food is like.)the staff seem constantly immersed in their cell phone gadgets and rarely make call backs. there was a point where my mother was having some problems with her phone line and when i was unable to get through i attempted to get a hold of a staff member. needless to say i did not receive a return phone call until two days later and didn't receive an explanation until i came up for a visit. we have dealt with worse so i would say that if you're looking for something with mediocre pricing and basic care then this is the place for you. if you are looking for good aide at a "fairly" reasonable price, i would look elsewhere. that's what we did and we are quite content with that decision.

A Concerned CNA August 20, 2011

This is an independent living facility"”a smaller place with about 100 apartments, all on one level. It's in a central location"”with many amenities for residents and visitors in the neighboring community.

The parking lot is right at the main entrance. But once you walk in, the facility has a good feel, with nice tiled details and a reception desk, sometimes staffed by volunteers to greet and direct you. There is also a pleasant sitting area. The whole place is very clean and pretty"”and the back yard, in particular, feels peaceful.

Amenities include a swimming pool and jacuzzi and covered gazebo, with a brook and bridge on the grounds in the back where residents can walk and congregate. Inside is also a spacious library and activity room with a big screen TV, pool table and exercise machines; residents use it frequently.

The living quarters are studios and a smaller or larger one-bedrooms. All are spacious and come furnished if desired. There is a laundry service available for sheets and towels.

Activities are offered, along with a transportation bus that takes residents to shopping and events in the neighboring community. There is also a beauty shop onsite, open limited hours.

The dining room is very nice"”bright with lots of windows. The seating, however, is not contemporary, offering only plain padded chairs. The food is good"”prepared by a staff chef who cooks from scratch. Residents can choose from a number of selections each day. There is also a bistro and snack bar, decorated in Coca-Cola memorabilia, where residents and visitors can get food after hours.

Residents who need additional care are encouraged to get it from either inside or outside caregivers. The caregivers on staff are discreet. Most of the residents are fairly active and mobile.

This place might be the best for active seniors who are fairly alert and social.

Prices start at $1,500 for small studios, and increase for larger units"”less expensive than other comparable spots in the area. Private pay is accepted, along with Section 8 and some veterans' benefits. Pets are allowed, and cable is included in the cost of housing.

WadeM June 23, 2010

Bed bugs!

My parents lived in one unit there and moved to another unit, only to learn it was infested with bed bugs and they suffered bites and doctor visits to treat. Facility delayed treatment of situation and refused to compensate for items that were recommended to be disposed of. We also learned they had had a previous bed bug problem and had taken responsibility but now they won't. Finally had to move our parents from there. While other conditions were not optimal, they were ok, but this was the last straw.

From Madison Meadows

Madison Meadows is located in Phoenix, AZ, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Madison Meadows for a visit...and stay!

Features of Madison Meadows