Treemont Retirement Community Houston, TX

2501 Westerland Dr., Houston, TX, 77063

Reviews of Treemont Retirement Community | Houston, TX

June 16, 2016

By Steve850487

What I liked about Treemont was they had availability. It was open and didn't have a buy-in, which is what I really liked. I’m not really sure what they had every day, but it was too old for me and I wasn’t ready for it. The staff was very nice and good. The food was OK, but they didn’t have a lot for vegetarians. They had salads, and I don’t want salad. It was fine, but not for my whole meal. I saw the one-bedroom that they had available for me, and it was doable. I really wasn’t ready for that, but I liked it, it didn’t smell, and it was good.

We appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts on Treemont. You're right we have a monthly rental with no buy-in and a no hassle move in policy. We have options for vegetarians, including 2-3 choices of vegetables and soup offered. You are welcome to return for a second visit. All the best as you search for the right senior living fit for you.

August 09, 2015

By Wilma9

It was beautiful. The people were active, and the place was busy. I had a tour guide, and she went over all the details about entertainment and all the rooms and showed me one of the apartments. The thing I did not like about Treemont was the rooms all opened on a hallway. They had a very good chef, and it was probably the best place where we ate. They had all sorts of activities, all kinds of games, clubs, weight rooms, exercise and just about any kind of thing you wanted to do. They would help you go to the shopping center and to the grocery store. I would recommend them except for the indoor hallways.

February 19, 2015

By Wilma6

I couldn't find a parking space for one thing. They said they were having some work done; that is why there weren't any parking spaces. When you get as old as I am, you don't like to walk very far. Treemont Retirement Community has been there a long time because I know they have re-done it. It is on Westheimer which is a very busy part of town. I didn't really even consider it. If I remember correctly, some of the apartments had mini-kitchens. The food was OK. I just wasn't impressed with the facility. Maybe it was the fact that I had to walk with my walker for quite a ways and a few other things.

June 28, 2014

By looking to move

Halls were SO DREARY & everywhere looked like it needs maintainance or updating. My daughter was worried about security with the Westheimer location.

April 26, 2014

I didn't like the independent living at Treemont Retirement. The first time we went there, they put my aunt in independent living. It's because she was able to do everything by herself. We thought that she could be alone and many people would be taking her to lunch, taking her to the places where they have music, but it was not like that. They were taking her to lunch, but they left her there, like you go by yourself, but really she needs a person to be with her to help her to choose the food because everybody goes to a line and they pick the food that they want, but she is not able to do that. It's difficult for a person who really cannot move well. She was in a walker and carries the tray to put all the food on there. They were asking for almost a thousand dollars only to help her to take a shower three days in a week and to take her to lunch three times and to clean her apartment, that's it. It's not worth it.

September 28, 2013

By Connie28

I have my dad at Treemont and he is quite happy. Not only the staff are very friendly but the residents as well. It was just a very open environment. One of the reasons why we chose this facility is that when they invited us for lunch, the food was really good and my dad loves the food. Another reason was that, he is in the independent living now but if he gets to the point where he requires more care, the facility has contract employees that are in there that you can hire. The rooms are large and it got big nice windows in his bedroom. It's very light and very pleasant. He goes to bingo twice a week. They also have card playing, dominos, and other games that you can do. They provide entertainment on the weekends. They have people play the trombone or guitars. This place is all indoor corridors which I like a lot better. The dining facility is very nice. It looks like more like a dining room in a nice cruise ship.

Photos of Treemont Retirement Community

Features of Treemont Retirement Community

• General Store

• Activities Extra: Bingo, Bridge

Affiliations

• Affiliations Extra: Non Denominational. There Is A Rich Array Of Religious Services During The Week And Weekend, Including Bible Studies. Treemont Is Open To All Faiths.

• Minimum Age: Minimum Age: 55

About Treemont Retirement Community

Treemont provides the best value in senior care & senior living in Houston. As a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC), Treemont provides an affordable independent living monthly fee, starting at $1,595 monthly, with no buy-in. Treemont is the perfect community for those who have monetary resources, yet are frugal and want to conserve their resources. Many of our residents chose Treemont as an “affordable” option. As a CCRC campus, Treemont provides a wide range of services to meet the current needs of our residents, while also having additional home care services available should they become desirable in the future. Your address doesn't have to change as your needs do! Our long-tenured, caring staff also sets us apart, many who have served for 30+ years.

Treemont is the perfect community for those who seek a more supportive environment now or in the future. For the independent living resident, Treemont offers peace-of-mind and carefree living, with an all-inclusive rate, including: 3 meals daily, weekly housekeeping, scheduled transportation, a robust activities program, an emergency call system in your apartment, optional safety checks and more!

As your needs change, Treemont offers “Independence Plus” in your independent living apartment. Seniors who need help with activities of daily living can receive home health services in their retirement apartment instead of moving to a licensed assisted living facility. This permits you to maintain a more independent lifestyle, and keep a larger living unit, often at a lower cost than comparable assisted living facilities. Treemont has entered into a “Preferred Provider” agreement with Senior Allegiance, Inc. which is licensed to provide both skilled home health services under the Medicare program, and Personal Assistance services. Because Senior Allegiance, Inc. maintains an office on-site, residents never have to worry about “minimum visit” charges. This allows residents to enjoy an active and independent lifestyle while being capable of adding a la carte services as needed.

The most popular of the home health services is assistance with managing medications. Another popular service is the “AM start” program that provides assistance with bathing and dressing, and helps residents get up and out to breakfast in the morning. This positive start to the day helps assure residents are able to fully enjoy the activities and social life at Treemont. Senior Allegiance offers preferred pricing for its services to Treemont Residents.

Come for lunch and a tour to see why residents happily call Treemont “home!”

Our long-tenured, caring staff sets us apart, many who have served for 10, 20, some for 30+ years. Treemont is where love lives. Staff is attentive and caring. Residents enjoy life and socializing with one another. It is a thrill to observe the new friendships and bonds that form at Treemont Retirement Community. Treemont’s activities program places a priority on creating opportunities to make that happen. The parties and activities for seniors go beyond the typical (or expected) Christmas, New Year, Valentine and Halloween events. Treemont hosts parties for Mardi Gras, the Kentucky Derby, a Summer Dance, October Fest, an August Sock Hop among other occasions. Visit to experience the warmth and camaraderie that is Treemont. As a CCRC, Treemont also provides the peace-of-mind that you can transition to assisted living or Skilled Nursing and Rehab under the same roof. We offer monthly rentals with no-buy. Come see why Treemont has been Houston's "Retirement Tradition," serving generations of families with warmth and compassion.

Map of Treemont Retirement Community