Arbour Square of Harleysville

695 Main Street, Harleysville, PA, 19438

Reviews of Arbour Square of Harleysville

Kathy108714150 August 10, 2015

My father seems to be happy at Arbour Square of Harleysville. He has been there for a few months now. I've had dinner there, and it was good and plenty of variety. The staff seem very friendly, and they go out of their way to help you with things. His apartment is very nice.

Caring110688650 July 15, 2015

We were in an apartment in Arbour Square, but it was laid out a little bit funny. I don’t care for the way it was laid out, but it’s OK. The living room was kind of small. The food and the dining set up were good. The staff was excellent.

Bob109379250 June 09, 2015

The staff and the tour were terrific at Arbour Square. The facility was wonderful. It was super clean, and it looked like a hotel. We saw a couple of rooms, and they were clean and spacious. The food was terrific, and the dining area was spotless. Everything was great.

Peg6 May 20, 2015

Any concerns, maintenance, etc. are met promptly with a smile. Staff are like family and go out of their way to help - med, transport, laundry, etc. We are supported in our independent living and well fed too. There are activities and trips for all tastes.

Caring105161950 April 20, 2015

My parents liked that there's no down payment at Arbour Square of Harleysville. Basically, it's affordable, and it seems very nice. We talked to a lot of the residents and got nothing but positive feedback. They have bingo, card games, music, concerts, and a movie theater, and they have bus trips. We had eaten there, and it was good. The staff was very nice. From what I've seen so far, I would recommend them.

Mundil March 03, 2015

My mother passed away Two years ago, and my sister and I were faced with the emotional task of finding the perfect place for Dad without compromising his independence or physical well being. My sister and I struggled to find the perfect place, so He would feel comfortable moving out of his Three Story Townhouse into a one bedroom apartment. Our Father still drives, and has always been extremely social, but ever since our Mom passed away from a long burden with Alzheimer's and Dementia we noticed a decline in his appetite and mental well being. He was starting to fall into a depression. After finally acquiring the long awaited acceptance and permission from him to tour some Independent Living Facilities. My Dad picked Arbour Square in Harleysville, PA. Ever since that day that he signed his papers and the moving company moved him into his one bedroom, he has NEVER been happier. The facility and staff are amazing, I cannot express how extremely clean, and wonderful the campus is. Arbour Square offers so many social events, that my father has reconnected with his love of making new friends and even enjoys yoga, circuit training and line dancing!! We are so pleased and blessed to have found Arbour Square. Sincerely, The Swalm Family

Caring102444050 February 22, 2015

The Arbour Square was much more independent. The staff seemed to be accommodating. It was a very different place. It was huge. It was really large, like a large complex. It was more upscale. The woman that took us around was very helpful, very personable, and very informative. I don't think she left any stone unturned. She took us on a tour of the whole place, and it was very nice. The rooms were a little more spacious, but they were more expensive. There was a lot of postings for activities that people could sign up for or trips that they could take whether it be shopping or a flower show. There were a number of things that people could sign up for. The dining area was very large and very pretty. They also had a smaller area where they serve breakfast that looked like a cafe, and it was also very nice. I didn't see any security. There wasn't anyone to greet at the door other than the person that was waiting for us for the appointment. She was there, but there was no formal desk girl or a place to check in. It was new and very pretty.

Bobyak family January 29, 2015

My father didn't want to move but we were watching him decline rapidly. Arbour Square was very understanding and worked with us to ensure a smooth transition. By the end of the first week, a man who was simply surviving was now living. It has been 2 months and he is so happy shooting pool, playing bingo and poker and even singing. All the things he would never do before. The hardest decision our family ever made turned out to be the best thing for our dad. He has a happy and full life -- thanks to Arbour Square.

poiu September 30, 2014

My friend who is a resident of one month is satisfied with everything except the meals. Her dinner is NEVER hot. Even when she sends her plate to the kitchen to be heated in the microwave it is still luke warm. Given the amount of money the residents pay their meals should be hot.

We agree with you completely! Thanks so much for taking the time to review Arbour Square. Your friend's satisfaction with her dining experience is very important to us. Our goal is to provide hot, delicious and healthy meals and we want the opportunity to make your friend 100% satisfied.

Arbour Square does monitor the food temperature before and during every meal. However, if there is a problem, we would like the opportunity to correct it. Please ask her to reach out to the Executive Director or Chef (Director of Dining Services) to resolve.

DHarpel August 31, 2014

My father was only a resident of Arbour Square for about 8 months, but during those 8 months, the place was fantastic. The facility, the food, the events and especially the staff exceeded all expectations. I would highly recommend Arbour Sqaure to anyone looking for an independent living facility. And a big THANK YOU to the staff for their loving care of my father.

Cathie2 August 18, 2014

I am writing to let you know that my Mother and her husband moved in the Hillsides at Arbour Square two weeks ago. Tonight I went to see them and seem so happy. Every day is adventure with activities, meeting new neighbors and enjoying the meals. Our family has already enjoyed the pub area for a family brunch catered by Dave and his staff and have secured a date for out family Christmas. Mimi and all of the staff have gone out of their way to make the entire family feel welcome, everything we have asked for has been promptly completed. No request went unanswered, nothing was too much trouble. I work in the skilled nursing industry and I know you probably only hear many complaints, this is not always an easy population to please, so I wanted to make sure you knew what a great product you have and how the staff really makes it special.

The only thing I have to say is on the back side of the building, where my parents park, the ramp onto the sidewalk is too far for them to walk. It would be great if a center ramp could be installed. Again thank you and to your staff.

Caring90888950 July 30, 2014

Arbour Square is great! It is fancy. Everything is perfect there. They have apartments and there are three rooms. At the Arbour Square, you don't really have a staff; you live in your own apartment. There is a desk downstairs and the kitchen and all, but nobody takes care of you or anything there. The people who live in Arbour Square do not ever see the people from their assisted living part unless they go over to visit.

The location is great! It has a swimming pool and a YMCA and Walmart next door. It is great for people. It had everything you could think of. It had a cafeteria, a post office, a gymnasium, a bar room where they could get together, and they hold classes for them. This place is high class. When I have to go to somewhere, that's where I'm going. It is that nice.

Linda87928750 June 30, 2014

We had a very lovely tour at Arbour Square. It was very convenient. There was free food, which was very good. They also had entertainment and activities. However, its cost compared to living at our own home is just really prohibited. Also we don't have health issues, so it doesn't seem necessary at this point. The rooms were really lovely, though. Also, I thought the amenities, the shopping possibilities, as well as the dining facilities there, were really very pleasant.

Brent123 February 23, 2014

My Mom lived at Arbour Square for a period of time and she found it warm and welcoming. She made a lot of new friends very quickly and was welcomed in with open arms.

Irene11 November 26, 2013

Arbour Square was clean. I didn't get an institution feel and it just seemed to lack too many things. The room sizes were okay although the kitchen was little. I didn't care for the kitchen since I still like to cook a lot and spend most of my time in the kitchen. It was a semi-kitchen. I bake, I cook and I have a lot of equipment. I, unfortunately, still would like to have some cabinets and room to store my things and keep them. They're building a new wing and that lacked a nice little fridge that we're looking for.

Thanks so much for taking the time to review Arbour Square! We describe the kitchens as ‘galley-kitchens’ because they are small, but designed to be functional for residents who still want to be able to do some light cooking and baking. Since we provide lunch and dinner daily, most of our residents are happy to find new, engaging activities that get them OUT of the kitchen! Please consider coming back to see The Hillside when it is completed in early 2014.

FriendsHere November 23, 2013

My father resided at Arbour Square for the last 6 years and during that time he met many new friends that he enjoyed playing pool and cards with and just sharing good times together. The management of Arbour Square could not have been nicer to him. They truly are caring dedicated people who go out of their way to make the people who live their comfortable as well as establishing caring relationships with the family members. I highly recommend Arbour Square to anyone looking for independent living with a staff that goes above and beyond!

arbour square happy November 20, 2013

I found Arbour Square when I was looking for a new home for my mother and father several years ago. They were not very happy about leaving their home after 50 years. Arbour Square was the nicest one that we toured through, especially because there was no "buy in" needed. The entire staff is wonderful and they speak to each resident by their first name. My mother is now living there after the passing of my father and everyone has been so helpful in this transition. She has grown to be very comfortable and happy in her daily surroundings which she says are beautiful. She has made new friends and enjoys sitting together at dinners and listening to music. She is very happy. Thank goodness for Arbour Square!

Diane L. November 18, 2013

My parents moved in a little over a year ago and are settling in quite nicely. At first the transition was difficult for them but the staff and other residents provided a welcome environment. The rooms are lovely and the location is quite pretty and quiet. Although it is in a country setting, there is lots to do in the area and Arbour Sq. provides a bus for excursions. My parents have begun to make friends there and the two meals a day they receive are perfect- they love having breakfast at home and often go out. Most importantly, I feel they are in good hands and that someone who 'cares' is always nearby in case they need them. Thank you.

patgene November 16, 2013

My mother has lived at Arbour Square for 3 1/2 years. I had visited many facilities before encouraging her to commit to moving from her home. She feels comfortable, enjoys her apartment and the activities and services provided. She has made many friends.. I feel comfortable knowing she is safe and has support if needed.

Buzzie D. November 12, 2013

My father was at Arbour Square for only a short time but he enjoyed it very much. The staff is terrific and will help at the drop of a hat. I highly recommend this establishment for anyone looking for a great living space and fantastic people surrounding them.

CherylA November 09, 2013

My mother and father have been residents at Arbour Square for over four years. In that time, I have come to know the management staff quite well. I can't count the number of times they have gone above and beyond their duties not only for my parents but also for their children who live out of state. Their kindness and caring is genuine and the Arbour Square atmosphere is one of friendship and relaxation. There are extensive amenities and a wide variety of activities that benefit everyone no matter what their ages or levels of fitness. It truly has been a perfect fit for Mom and Dad in their latter years.

D. E. Schadler November 08, 2013

After over a year trying to define what my Mother's needs were and not compromising her dignity, my visit to this wonderful facility answered all my prayers! Initially resistant to the move, within HOURS my Mother was part of the community and telling everyone how glad she had thought of this! My sincere appreciation for the last 5 years of exceptional care for all of us!!!

Maureen W. November 08, 2013

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Arbour Square in Harleysville. My mother has been a resident there for six months. The entire staff, from the Executive Director Mimi Kehan, to the maintenance staff are all so great. They are caring, concerned, and efficient in running the facility. My mother needed extensive physical therapy when she moved in, and the onsite therapy staff were responsible for her amazing recovery after a rough time medically and physically. They were amazing! Everyone who works there is so friendly and caring, and they make certain that new residents feel welcome to the facility. My mother has flourished since she is at Arbour Square!

Caring72421150 October 25, 2013

My parents have been in Arbour Square for a month now and we chose it because it does not have a buy-in. It was close to a couple of our relatives and it offered a couple of meals a day. The rooms are a generous size and everybody is terrific. They have exercises, yoga, and other stuff. They take them to outings in parks, grocery stores and people come in and play the piano.

Barbara70587850 September 25, 2013

Arbour Square is a new facility and it's very clean and attractive. I visited there and I saw they got plenty of activities for the clients. I was not able to eat there but it the food looked good from the other clients that were having it. The facility is conveniently located. I like the fact that it was a comfortable place to live.

Joodles November 05, 2011

Beautiful facility which is set up like a little towne square. I was very impressed in each of my visits with the feel of community. The staff is warm and efficient, always on the lookout for the well being of their residents. On one of my vists, on a very cold winter day where most people seemed to be hybernating, I was impressed to see a Staff Adminstrator's reaction to a resident who was sitting alone, seeming a little lost (or lonely) in the common area (which looks like a little cafe). She poured a hot chocolate for each of them, and took the time from her busy schedule to sit and just chat. It was clear how that little gesture made such a huge im pact on the resident's morning!The caregivers always seem to be on the ball. You don't just hear silence as a resident is being assisted in some way....genuine concern is showed and conversations from the teasing to the very serious can be heard at every turn. It was a heartwarming feeling the day I saw a resident sitting in a common area with an aide who was giving her a mini lesson on the use of an I-POD! Absolutely adorable to see. The place is pretty, the staff is warm, and it seems the residents are more than happy to call this home.

From Arbour Square of Harleysville

Arbour Square of Harleysville provides a carefree lifestyle to active, independent seniors. The community offers a continuum of retirement options with no entrance fee. Live happy, live healthy and live carefree at Arbour Square!

Located on 22 acres of land in beautiful Montgomery County, PA, you’ll enjoy the comforts of home, the excitement of a resort and the security of living among friends and caring associates. Arbour Square of Harleysville is just minutes away from the PA Turnpike, and is surrounded by Collegeville, Souderton, Quakertown, Lansdale, Ambler and more! We want your choice to be simple, which is why we offer inclusive month-to-month rent with no buy-in or entrance fees! Our inclusive fee includes:

• Healthy and nutritious meals served daily at our 50’s Café or Garden Terrace Dining Room
  • All utilities (except phone and cable)
  • Social, recreational, and educational activities
  • Transportation to medical appointments, social events and group outings
  • Interior and exterior maintenance
  • Laundry facilities
  • Use of all community amenities

Arbour Square offers 150 maintenance-free apartments – bright studios, and one-bedroom/one-bathroom and two-bedroom/one-bathroom suites with spacious living rooms and kitchens. Each private room also features beautiful views of our landscaped grounds and relaxing gardens.

Room Features:

• Unique and spacious floor plans
  • Kitchens with full-size refrigerator, range, sink and storage cabinets (studios have full-size refrigerator, microwave, sink and storage cabinets)
  • Wall-to-wall carpet in neutral colors
  • Window blinds
  • Individually-controlled heating and cooling
  • Emergency pull cord
  • Emergency call and fire alarm systems

Amenities:

• General store
  • Activity rooms
  • Computer area with internet access
  • Wellness center
  • Neighborhood pub
  • Game room
  • Movie theater
  • Beauty salon and spa
  • Comfortable lounge areas
  • Laundry room on every floor (no-charge)
  • Library

One-bedroom: 584 – 636 Square feet
One-bedroom delux: 685 - 781 Square feet
Two-bedroom: 717 - 960 Square feet

Office Hours:

Daily, 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.

Features of Arbour Square of Harleysville

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, W/D in apt., Movie theater, Art studio

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class, Woodworking

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• Monthly rent is all inclusive

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Arbour Square of Harleysville