Traditions of Hanover

5300 Northgate Drive, Bethlehem, PA, 18017

Reviews of Traditions of Hanover

TimandCristin December 29, 2015

My mom has been at Traditions for over a year now. Not only has it enhanced her wellness and wellbeing I believe it saved her life. The amenities, the staff, and the community have been a tremendous gift to my mom and our family. We love being a part of the beautiful life at Traditions!

Picaroo December 29, 2015

I cannot say enough about Traditions of Hanover! From the director all the way through to maintenance they are equally kind, caring and you know they really like their jobs by their attitude. Nothing is too much for them to do for anyone at anytime. I can feel comfortable when I leave my Mother that she is good hands and should there be any irregularity with her I can always count on someone calling me and alerting me within minutes, regardless of the time of day. Traditions has my seal of approval 100%.

Michele T. M. December 19, 2015

When my mom was in search of an Independent Community in the Lehigh Valley, we visited Traditions of Hanover, among other places. What set ToH aside from the others was the warm and oh-so-welcoming feeling we both had, right from the start. We were made to feel right at home - not just by the staff, but by the residents. The sales person that met with us barely had to say a word to us... the residents themselves kept coming up to us telling us about their experiences since moving to ToH. Now... over 3 years later... my mom still says that moving here was the best decision she's ever made. She is never bored, never lonely, never hungry (the food is AMAZING!), and never feels even for a second upset about living here. The staff is incredible (from the young gals who help out at meal time and cleaning to the top management) – they all truly care about the residents. I’ve not met a single staffer that thinks of their duties there as a “job”. She loves living there, but from my perspective, I’m so very grateful for Traditions of Hanover and the positive experience they’ve provided for my mom after having to leave her home of over 50 years.

Sara Jane April 07, 2015

The rooms were small in Traditions of Hanover. The people were great, very friendly, and went out of their way. They knew everyone of their inhabitants by name. The attitude of the caretakers was excellent, and the food was good.

Sara Jane ~ Thanks for your 5-Star Review! Residents at Traditions of Hanover truly become extended family. Residents and employees know each other and care about each other and that is demonstrated in all the things that you mention ~ including the dining experience, variety of activities offered and the attitude and approach of our employees. I was confused about your comment about the size of the ‘rooms.’ Traditions has three different sizes of apartments. The studio apartments are small, but we also have one bedroom and two bedroom apartments that are much larger and comfortably accommodate residents and their furniture.

Richard83977250 April 03, 2015

I liked Traditions; it was very nice. The staff appeared to be very friendly and very comfortable. It was a very comfortable size and environment. They had a lot of activities.

Jay10 March 27, 2015

We visited Traditions of Hanover for my mom. They seemed like nice people, and it had a nice facility but it wouldn't work for my mom's situation. It was a little too overpriced, and my mom needs more of an assisted living than independent living. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. With regards to activities, they did shopping in the community, and they went to different activities outside the community which was nice. It was a nice place, but my mom needs assisted living and not independent living. However, it was really nice inside, the people were pleasant, and the older folks that we saw seemed like they were having a good time.

Caring66881 June 13, 2013

Traditions of Hanover had a speaker program and invited us over for a meal and to see the facility. The place is brand new. The rooms are big and very nice. It's a very quiet place. The food was good. The help was very good. They don't have nursing staff, but there is medical center next door. The facility it's strictly just for independent living and they don't have any facilities for medical care or nursing care.

From Traditions of Hanover

We're a lot more than just an independent living community nestled discretely in suburban Hanover Township. Throughout the Lehigh Valley, people are talking about the flowing architecture of Traditions' building and its common areas, the spacious and inviting studio, one bedroom and two bedroom units, the culinary delights prepared by our chef, and the friendly, courteous and attentive service provided by Tradition's management team and staff.

Traditions offers a lot, and it's all here for our residents to enjoy. On-site amenities include the Fireside Lounge, Bottle Room, state-of-the-art Theatre, Library, Fitness Center, billiards table, Beauty Salon, transportation service, and lovely outdoor seating areas. And don't forget that the Wegmans Bethlehem mega-grocery store with its fabulous Market Cafe is literally next door.

At Traditions, we're constantly updating the busy activity schedule for our own interesting and enjoyable programs and social activities. Local attractions provide many additional opportunities for enjoying shopping, dining, entertainment, music and the arts, sports and recreation, as well as clubs and organizations that further enhance the active senior lifestyle afforded our residents.

Features of Traditions of Hanover

• Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits