Mount Vernon Village

Overview of Ratings

4.7

January 24, 2013

By Nick 1

Mount Vernon is a neat and clean place. But the elevator and hallways are kind of narrow for a wheelchair. The staff is friendly and helpful. I didn't have any problem with them. They have activities for the residents, too.

December 04, 2012

By dino1618

When I drove up, the facility (Mount Vernon Village) it looked like a very nice apartment complex. It didn't look like an assisted living facility at all. The grounds were well kept. I saw a small garden with fountain. When we arrived after 10 pm EST the director greeted us and had a hot meal ready for all of us. I was very impressed. She was very nice and told us all about the facility and what services they offered. I was really impressed because they allowed us to move my friend in after hours, and in addition to the meal, they also offered to put us up for the night. Since we lived close by we declined. The facility was very well kept, clean and inviting. Since it was after 11pm we didn't run into too many residents, but the ones that we did run into were very nice. Like I said earlier, the facility looked more like a very nice apartment complex than an assisted living facility, even on the inside. Many of the residents had decorated their doors. My friend Larry's apartment was on par with any modern apartment that you'd see in Atlanta. It was very easy to move him in since the director had carts and hand trucks ready for us. We thought that we'd have to come back to unload but she had already arranged for movers to unload the truck the next morning so we didn't have to. While I was there I saw nothing negative. I was impressed with the support of the director and how nice she was. On subsequent visits I learned that Mount Vernon has lots of events planned for their residents and encourages friends and family to participate. The director warmly invited us to their Thanksgiving and Christmas parties.

Photos of Mount Vernon Village

Features of Mount Vernon Village

About Mount Vernon Village

WELCOME TO MOUNT VERNON VILLAGE

Mount Vernon Village provides the best in what independent seniors are seeking: private living with communal services and activities. Neatly tucked away from busy streets, our one and two bedroom condominiums are located on a beautifully landscaped 7+ acre campus.

Our 7+ acre campus is thoroughly landscaped with Dogwoods, Crepe Myrtles, English Ivy, Seasonal Flowers and Natural Tree Buffers between the adjacent properties.

Although not directly affiliated, we enjoy a special relationship with Mount Vernon Presbyterian Church and School, as we share driveway access from both Mount Vernon Highway and Johnson Ferry Road. Frequently, the school provides free concerts for our residents.

Our parking is more than ample, resulting in most residents able to park just outside their condominium. Our residents find the campus quiet, peaceful and secure, and tend to take daily walks among the scenery.

There is something happening at Mount Vernon Village every day! We have a full schedule of fun and fulfilling activities for our residents each week, and frequently have guest lectures and singing groups in to fascinate and entertain!

WHAT MAKES THE VILLAGE EXPERIENCE DIFFERENT FROM OTHER RETIREMENT COMMUNITIES?

Mount Vernon Village is a lovely place to reside. The campus has a nice environment so residents can enjoy socializing with others, peaceful sittings under trees by plants and flowers, and a wonderful staff that loves to serve.

• Located within a residential, not commercial setting
  • Governed solely by our residents
  • A "village" of just 70 condominiums
  • Made up of units fo Located within a residential, not commercial setting
  • Governed solely by our residents
  • A "village" of just 70 condominiums
  • Made up of units for sale or rent
  • A low-rise development; no building more than 2 floors in height
  • Flexible in the choice of any care provider by any resident.
  • sale or rent
  • A low-rise development; no building more than 2 floors in height
  • Flexible in the choice of any care provider by any resident.

Each week, residents attend their choice of the following:

• Arts & crafts
  • Bingo
  • Gaming - rummy, bridge, trivia
  • Puzzles
  • Movies
  • Benson Center Activities
  • Sunday Vespers

Thank you for your interest at Mount Vernon Village. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Mount Vernon Village