Mount Vernon Village

475 Mount Vernon Highway NE,, Atlanta, GA, 30328

Reviews of Mount Vernon Village

John R.1 January 15, 2016

I liked the location of Mount Vernon Village because I'm familiar with the area, so it's very convenient. I liked the idea that it's two levels with units on one level. I like that very much and prefer it to the high-rise, five-level facilities. I met the lady who actually owns the facility, and she was very nice. She gave me a tour of the facility, and I saw a vacant bedroom unit that I loved; unfortunately, there's a long waiting list. I tried to make sure she knew I'd like to keep in touch, but she has not responded. They have all kinds of social activities, like bridge clubs and movies. There seemed to be a lot of social activities going on, and they have facilities for exercising.

Caring9092 November 30, 2014

Mt Vernon Village is reasonably good. I find that the people were very friendly and helpful when I first came here -- I didn’t know anything. Everybody was willing to help; they reached out to me. The dining room is just one big room, it has many tables, and approximately five or six people sit at each table. It is like in boarding schools where you have the lunch room, and everybody comes in at a certain time. Once the seats are given to you, you sit in the same place. You will be allotted a place so that you become very friendly, and it is very conducive like fellowship because you know those people and then everyday you can just see and like if you have conservation you can continue the conversation tomorrow. We have a movie cabin, they have a lot of activities; everyday there is something. Yesterday they had a lady that comes in from the Baptist Church and she reads passage from the Bible; it’s like a Bible study. Even the staff at the front desk is very helpful. The bus takes you on Mondays to grocery shopping. Tuesdays, they will take you to the bank and doctor’s visits. Wednesdays, they go to another grocery store, and Thursdays you go to the mall. I would recommend the facility as I am very happy here, and the public library is just about a 5 minute walk, to go and borrow books.

Bill14 April 24, 2013

I liked Mount Vernon Towers the best. It was the only place which offered the residents an option to purchase the apartment. I liked the idea that we were in control of the community if we all brought our units. The facility was well-kept. The staff seemed professional and competent. A good place.

Nick 1 January 24, 2013

Mount Vernon is a neat and clean place. But the elevator and hallways are kind of narrow for a wheelchair. The staff is friendly and helpful. I didn't have any problem with them. They have activities for the residents, too.

dino1618 December 04, 2012

When I drove up, the facility (Mount Vernon Village) it looked like a very nice apartment complex. It didn't look like an assisted living facility at all. The grounds were well kept. I saw a small garden with fountain. When we arrived after 10 pm EST the director greeted us and had a hot meal ready for all of us. I was very impressed. She was very nice and told us all about the facility and what services they offered. I was really impressed because they allowed us to move my friend in after hours, and in addition to the meal, they also offered to put us up for the night. Since we lived close by we declined. The facility was very well kept, clean and inviting. Since it was after 11pm we didn't run into too many residents, but the ones that we did run into were very nice. Like I said earlier, the facility looked more like a very nice apartment complex than an assisted living facility, even on the inside. Many of the residents had decorated their doors. My friend Larry's apartment was on par with any modern apartment that you'd see in Atlanta. It was very easy to move him in since the director had carts and hand trucks ready for us. We thought that we'd have to come back to unload but she had already arranged for movers to unload the truck the next morning so we didn't have to. While I was there I saw nothing negative. I was impressed with the support of the director and how nice she was. On subsequent visits I learned that Mount Vernon has lots of events planned for their residents and encourages friends and family to participate. The director warmly invited us to their Thanksgiving and Christmas parties.

From Mount Vernon Village

Mount Vernon Village is on a 7+ acre campus and is thoroughly landscaped with Dogwoods, Crepe Myrtles, English Ivy, Seasonal Flowers and Natural Tree Buffers between the adjacent properties. Although not directly affiliated, we enjoy a special relationship with Mount Vernon Presbyterian Church and School, as we share driveway access from both Mount Vernon Highway and Johnson Ferry Road. Frequently, the school provides free concerts for our residents.

• Our parking is more than ample, resulting in most residents able to park just outside their condominium. Our residents find the campus quiet, peaceful and secure, and tend to take daily walks among the scenery.
  • Residents received the following services included in their monthly Fee
  • All utilities except phone and cable TV
  • One meal per day. (additional meals available at additional cost
  • Weekly laundering of bed and bath linens
  • Twice monthly cleaning service
  • Scheduled Van transport service
  • Security service
  • Maintenance for all common areas
  • 24 hour monitored, Emergency Response Call System
  • Internal voice communication direct to each condo unit
  • Regular and seasonal landscaping
  • on -site administrative staff

Mount Vernon Village provides the best in what independent seniors are seeking: private living with communal services and activities. Neatly tucked away from busy streets, our one and two bedroom condominiums are located on a beautifully landscaped 7+ acr

Features of Mount Vernon Village

• Minimum Rate $2195/month

• Companion Suites We Do Not Offer Companion Suites.

• Minimum Age 55