Preferred Care at Home Walnut Creek, CA

Reviews of Preferred Care at Home | Walnut Creek, CA

Overview of Ratings

August 16, 2012

By RDB

Danny, at Preferred Care at Home has been so professional and accodmodating to me and my family. My first interatction with him was over a month ago to explain the needs for my father. We finally met not too long ago. I needed a care giver with very specific requirements which he was able to find for me immediately. Talking about great service. Danny and his staff are very patient and understanding and my father loves the caregiver sent to us. We are very happy with Preferred Care and highly recommend anyone in need to give Danny a call. He will take care of you as if you were family.

August 03, 2012

By Brian56

Danny is very thorough in assessing what your family needs, then working within your budget, will provide you the best type of care of your loved one, using his very qualified staff of health care aides to registered nurses. Danny monitors closely all aspects of care to ensure everything is taken care of. We definitely recommend Preferred Care at Home.

May 01, 2012

By kaitlan65

If you want someone who will treat you like a person and not a dollar sign then these people are the people you want to work with. Danny is truly compassionate and caring and I couldn't ask to work with a better company. They actually listen to my needs and have been there for me every time I needed something or had a question.

From Preferred Care at Home

Welcome to Preferred Care at Home located in Walnut Creek, California And serving the Contra Costa County and Alameda County.

Celebrating life, dignity and independence

Since 1984, the founders of Preferred Care at Home have had the privilege of partnering with thousands of families, giving the extra care needed to maintain independence and dignity in the comfort and security of home at affordable rates.

Our caregivers are the most professional and compassionate in the industry. Every caregiver has passed a criminal background check, completed advanced training, is bonded and insured and must have a minimum of 1 year of care experience. At Preferred Care at Home of Walnut Creek, Ca., we consider it a privilege to help our respected elders remain where they want to be, their home..

We want to safeguard our client’s ability to stay independent with dignity and compassion. We are very flexible and will work around the client’s needs by having no minimum hours or contracts. It’s our mission at Preferred Care at Home to alleviate that loneliness and bring joy and companionship. We do this by providing quality care giving assistance wherever our clients need it—in the home, assisted living community or nursing home. Our caregivers also travel with clients, providing transportation to the theater, doctor visit, church, grocery store, walk in the park, or coffee shop.

Companion care is available for one to 24 hours. It’s an excellent choice for seniors who live alone or don’t have a lot of family and friends nearby. It also works well for short-term respite care. The primary caregiver gets a much-needed break, and the senior loved has fun interacting with another caring person. And of course, companion care is included in our signature live-in service. Preferred Care at Home’s extensive companion-care services includes the following.

Our professional, compassionate caregivers will assist with a variety of daily activities including but not limited to:

• Personal Care
  • Mobility / Transferring
  • Light Housekeeping
  • Transportation

Personal Interaction:

• Engaging in companionship and conversation
  • Discussing current and historical events
  • Playing games and cards
  • Renting and playing movies
  • Maintaining a family scrapbook
  • Encouraging participation with crafts
  • Helping read
  • Directing morning wake-up and evening tuck-in
  • Monitoring eating patterns and diet
  • Maintaining a calendar
  • Arranging appointments and providing reminders

Social Interaction:

• Planning visits, outings and trips
  • Visiting neighbors and friends
  • Encouraging interaction with loved ones

Providing transportation to:

• Doctor appointments
  • Social outings
  • Lunch or dinner
  • Movies
  • Religious services

Our Live-In services have always been our specialty and with a starting rate as low as $10.00 per hour can be an affordable option providing 24-hour peace of mind. Call us day or night at (925) 926-0545. If you just need someone to talk to about your concerns and needs, Preferred Care at Home is here for you. We truly care and together we will find a solution.

Photos of Preferred Care at Home