BrightStar Care Richmond

Reviews of BrightStar Care Richmond

4.5

December 02, 2017

By Debbie C_1

BrightStar Care is easily reachable. They've helped me go through a difficult situation, and they have gone above and beyond the call to make it happen. Their services have made a huge impact because BrightStar Care makes it possible to handle my mom's health and cognitive issues, my multiple jobs, and my family.

November 08, 2017

By Dane G

The first time the nurse came, I was having some problems post-operation the day I got home. They stayed with me and kept an eye on me until my wife got home, which was three hours.

November 06, 2017

By Lenis M_1

I would tell a friend that BrightStar Care gives very nice service. BrightStar Care has made my life easier by making me feel comfortable.

October 31, 2017

By Richmond Girl

I was disappointed in the level of service provided by BrightStar, and I would definitely not recommend this company, especially if your loved one has dementia. Because my mother could not remember what tasks she needed help with, she got very little assistance. I had provided a list of tasks, including 3 times a week bathing, throwing out old food, checking that she had taken her medications, making sure she locked her door, was wearing her medical alert necklace, light housekeeping, etc., but this list was not given to the various aides that showed up. (During this period when BrightStar was coming six days a week, a cleaning company refused to clean her bathrooms because of smeared feces on the floors.) My mother would dismiss the aides after half an hour, saying she “couldn't think of a thing for them to do.” (This was not adequately communicated to me. I only found out when I installed nanny cams in the home.) The company went through a series of bookkeepers, and as soon as one had learned the ropes, she was gone, only to be replaced by someone who had to learn the process for submitting invoices and logs to the insurance company for reimbursement. We chose this company because they would agree to a 2 hour minimum – my mother's preference – instead of the standard 3 or 4 hour minimum other companies require, but I regret the choice. After my mother moved to assisted living, the company without authorization debited money from my mother’s bank account to pay for past services that I had hesitated to pay without receiving the logs for those dates. (The insurance company won’t reimburse without receiving the daily logs.) I had requested the daily logs for those invoices, and the company never sent them to me. Imagine my surprise when I notice over $800 taken from the account without either my knowledge or consent!

October 27, 2017

By Joan W

I would tell someone that BrightStar Care has very polite, caring, and loving ladies that come see my loved one. My loved one is an independent person, she has enjoyed the caregivers, and is thankful for the help.

October 17, 2017

By Cassidy M_1

The only thing I would change was that I wish there was only one person my mom saw, instead of seeing someone different every week, because she has dementia. I understand because of availability that that's how it's going to be, but it makes it harder for my mother. BrightStar Care is very flexible and they help me. The nurses are always engaged and call if my mom doesn't answer the door or her phone. BrightStar Care definitely helps me and my family out a lot. I'm actually active duty military and I'm across the U.S. Knowing there's a second person besides my father to help my mother helps because My mom likes to go shopping and get out of the house. It helps to have another female. It's another set of hands and eyes to help.

By George H_2

BrightStar Care is professional. Sometimes the caregivers from BrightStar Care don't show up on time. If they would just step in and do things for him and not wait for me to tell them what to do that would help a lot.

By Anthony Y

BrightStar Care is able to give me competent care. BrightStar Care does the things that I have difficulty doing, and it take the pressures off of me.

By Robert B_9

BrightStar Care could have more availability of care. The services from BrightStar Care are fine. They have made my life easier through their cooperation and the relationship that I have with the nurse.

September 19, 2017

By Robert K_1

BrightStar Care sent somebody here without my knowledge. My regular nurse had to go home early and they sent me another caregiver without telling. The company knows that I was not happy about this. BrightStar Care made my life easier because I did not have worry about my loved one while I was at work since they were caring for him.

From BrightStar Care Richmond

BrightStar Care Richmond is an in-home care provider serving Richmond, VA and the surrounding area. BrightStar Care Richmond offers non-medical services in the home, such as meal preparation, housekeeping, and transportation. Contact the provider for more details on home care services and rates.

BrightStar Care Richmond