Home Care Assistance Houston, TX

Overview of Ratings

4.4

November 10, 2017

By Shirley J

Home Care Assistance sent me people who speak other languages, but we got that straightened out and a caregiver I had, we were together for over a year. Home Care Assistance had a caregiver that allowed me to get my hair done.

November 09, 2017

By Sigrid W

Home Care Assistance matches me with the right person. That wasn't the case in the beginning, but I am now. My caregiver is a wonderful worker. Home Care Assistance makes my husband's life easier because he has to do everything now and she is very helpful.

November 09, 2017

By Tom L_1

I like Home Care Assistance, they do a good job for me. Home Care Assistance runs errands for me and helps me with light housekeeping.

October 25, 2017

By Ramona M

Home Care Assistance's employees are very understanding, they arrive on time. When the caregivers get to my house they are ready to work without lollygagging. Once my caregivers get into a routine they follow through with things to a tee. The daily activities of my caregivers help me with things like making my bed, getting me breakfast and lunch. The service is very significant to me and I really appreciate the help they give me.

October 25, 2017

By Barbara C_1

If we had a longer time with Home Care Assistance, we might of given them more chances. It just took to long to get the right caregiver. The caregiver had a good understanding of what to do, but the scheduler didn't provide us with what my mom actually needed. For instance, the caregiver didn't know how to use a gait belt. We thought Home Care Assistance would provide cognitive care but the caregivers weren't trained on that.

October 20, 2017

By Arlene M

I would tell a friend that Home Care Assistance stays in touch with their clients to make sure we are satisfied with the caregiver. Home Care Assistance makes my life easier by caring for my husband and doing light housekeeping.

October 19, 2017

By Will V

Home Care Assistance did good at providing a caregiver when needed. Home Care Assistance's service allowed me to get away and do what I needed to without worrying.

October 14, 2017

By Katy A_1

Home Care Assistance is reliable and helpful. Home Care Assistance has a very nice caretaker that would sit with my mom Elizabeth.

October 13, 2017

By Karen D_1

Home Care Assistance's office staff consistently follows up, calls the family, and makes sure that everything is well. The 24 hour care that my mother gets from Home Care Assistance provides me peace of mind.

October 12, 2017

By Marie G_1

I would tell someone that Home Care Assistance is very reliable and always has a caregiver for you. They take care of their clients and they don't let a caregiver leave until another one comes in. Mae loved the caregivers from Home Care Assistance. The agency always sent the same caregivers as well.

September 21, 2017

By William G_4

Home Care Assistance's manager who came to interview me was excellent but I have had three caregivers who were terrible. Home Care Assistance could send someone that matches my husband and that wants to be his friend.

September 21, 2017

By Mary R_6

I would tell a friend that Home Care Assistance is very professional. Home Care Assistance has been impactful in the care they provide for my mother.

September 19, 2017

By Willie H

Home Care Assistance is understanding and they try their best to give me what I need. The services have been wonderful. My health has been good.

September 12, 2017

By Elaine & Clem L

I'd tell people that Home Care Assistance's caregivers take me to wherever I need to go. The service has helped the most by taking me where I need to go.

September 12, 2017

By Mitch G

I would tell someone that Home Care Assistance is dependable, they have been around for several years, and they seem to really try to help with scheduling problems and with substitute caregivers. The most helpful part of having the services is that they allow me to work without needing to be really worried about the care that my wife is receiving.

August 23, 2017

By Stephanie F

Home Care Assistance seemed nice enough, but their caregivers were a little slow. The caregivers were able to change the dressing on my wounds better than I could.

August 18, 2017

By Margaret T

Home Care Assistance has provided me with good caregivers who do everything I need. The services are provided with a smile and they help me do the things that I have trouble doing.

August 16, 2017

By Robert B_13

Home Care Assistance provides the services that I can use. Home Care Assistance makes my life better by showing up when they say they will show up.

August 15, 2017

By Candace H_1

My caregiver is very on top of it and really cares about her clients. My caregiver takes me to the doctor and helps with laundry and housekeeping. She works very hard.

By Freida A

The administrative person from Home Care Assistance was very nice. We did not have a lot of experience with the office staff. The staff at the rehabilitation center asked us to get a sitter because my mother kept trying to get out of bed. She was in the rehab facility because of a fall, so she needed to stay put. Once my mother realized she would have a sitter in her room, she got a lot better at using the call button.

By Carolyn H_3

Home Care Assistance does what they are supposed to and expected to. They are excellent. I wasn't prepared to set up things for my caregivers to do, but they are here for me.

By Florence M_1

Home Care Assistance has an office that is nearby to a hospital that most people use. The office does a good background check on their employees. We've had nothing but good experiences with them. I can rely on Home Care Assistance's services to help keep my mother out of the nursing home.

July 26, 2017

By Chiman Lal S

I would tell a friend that Home Care Assistance has many caregivers available. The services have helped the most with Chiman's daily routine.

July 26, 2017

By Frank H_3

Home Care Assistance seem to know what they are doing. The caregiver from Home Care Assistance checks on me to see if I am making any improvements.

July 21, 2017

By Jeff G_2

Home Care Assistance is good because my caregivers are here on time. Home Care Assistance has made my life easier by my caregivers being here and helping me.

July 14, 2017

By John O_1

I would tell someone that Home Care Assistance provides good quality office staff, provides good quality caregivers, and they are always responsive when we call. The biggest impact of the services is that they give me the flexibility to take care of the things that I need to take care of during the day. They also give the client the confidence to branch out and do things outside the home that should eventually lead to her regaining her independence.

July 13, 2017

By Pat M

I would tell someone that the attention of the account manager was very good and that for the most part, the caregivers were good. The most helpful thing about having the services was having someone there with my mother 24/7.

July 12, 2017

By Maria G

Home Care Assistance gives me the best care out of the two companies that I have currently. Home Care Assistance is the best so far. I don't have to worry about the client and having somebody there. If there isn't a caregiver, Home Care Assistance always has a replacement. Home Care Assistance never leaves me hanging.

June 22, 2017

By Elaine B_2

Home Care Assistance is reliable. Home Care Assistance could have a bigger impact with not having much of a turn over with the caregivers. I would like a consistent caregiver to build a bond with since I will need the service long-term soon. Therefore, I need to get used to one person instead of rotating individuals which makes it harder for me. I would like to gain that trust with that person to be home.

June 22, 2017

By Pamela B

Home Care Assistance went above and beyond to help our family in all levels, especially emotionally. They are very compassionate and gave me the ability to relax. Home Care Assistance put my mind at ease knowing that I am not alone with taking care of my mother. I knew that their level of experience was enough.

June 21, 2017

By Caroline F

I would tell a friend that Home Care Assistance is alright since we need it. The caregivers don't do a whole lot, but they do help with transfers.

June 12, 2017

By Nina C

I've very satisfied with my caregiver because she spends time with me and she helps me get cleaned up. Home Care Assistance helps me around the house, provides companionship, and helps me with bathing.

June 12, 2017

By Leslie M_1

Home Care Assistance gives me an aide that helps me with my husband and gives me rest. It gives me a break from being a 24/7 caregiver to him. I haven't had too much time with Home Care Assistance yet, but so far, the aide has taken my laundry burden off of me and helps me get my house in order.

May 25, 2017

By Virginia C_7

I felt the caregivers from Home Care Assistance who came out were all very good. The only problem is that they weren't allowed to do a lot of things we needed. I understood that they were only caregivers and could only do so much. The services from Home Care Assistance helped somewhat, but the caregivers weren't able to do some of the things we requested because they weren't allowed to.

May 24, 2017

By Cathy B

Most of the time, the caregivers from Home Care Assistance are on-time, friendly, seem to have experience, and know what to do. I chose them because their prices are better than other agencies. The services gave me comfort and took the worry off of me.

May 16, 2017

By Patricia B_7

Home Care Assistance has given me really good caregivers. It is difficult for me to have someone over my shoulder all of the time and things could be improved if they put their cell phones down.

May 12, 2017

By Sigrid W_2

Home Care Assistance is the only assistance I have had, but I had one extremely bad caregiver. Now I have a delightful caregiver. The services have been very helpful in a lot of little ways. They say they are glad to help me with my closet or anything.

May 12, 2017

By Cheryl E_2

Home Care Assistance is very reliable and extremely kind. Home Care Assistance stayed with my mom at night so she could feel secure.

March 30, 2017

By Elaine061334

I just had good vibes about Home Care Assistance. The caregivers are helping Mom with bathing, grooming, feeding, and toileting. The agency was best suited for me all around, and I have a good impression of the caregivers. They are working with me, and they are able to work with all of my particular needs.

February 13, 2014

The caregiver did not mind working. She's very helpful and did a good job.

From Home Care Assistance

Thank you for considering Home Care Assistance Houston for your home care needs!

• With over 100 talented caregivers, we're big enough to handle most situations, yet small enough to provide personalized attention. You can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
  • Our live-in program is a very cost-effective approach that assures round the clock coverage. Whether it's for just a week or two following hospitalization or longer term, ongoing care, Live-In guarantees constant coverage at a reasonable price.
  • Our new Balanced Care Method, is an evidence-based approach for maintaining a well-rounded, healthy lifestyle. This comprehensive program focuses on Diet, Physical & Mental Activity, and a Sense of Purpose and Calmness.

• Our services include:

• personal care
        • meal preparation
        • companionship
        • transportation
        • medication reminders

We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to serve our clients.

Home Care Assistance Caregiver Information

Caregiver Skills Include:

Ethics, Family Communication, Patient Transfers, Stress Management, Communicating with Dementia Patients.

Caregivers employed, bonded and insured: Yes

Caregivers available 24 hours a day: Yes