Hosparus, Inc. - Louisville

Overview of Ratings

2.9

June 17, 2014

By Shirley49

Those people at Hosparus, Inc. could not have been more accommodating and more helpful. They started working with me four or five weeks before my husband's doctor had put in an order for hospice care. Every one of them was accommodating and kind. They were informative and couldn't have been more caring. They have also offered grief counseling for the family for a year. I absolutely would recommend them to others. They are such a useful organization. It was also wonderful that that insurance paid for it. My experience with them between the transition from his care to end of life was seamless.

March 20, 2013

By Karenomara

Our experience was absolutely awful. The nurse assigned to dad was friendly and smiling until dad had to be catheterized, then she stopped showing up. she called me and told me that dads assisted living facility wanted him to be moved to a nursing home. Spoke to the assisted living facility - story was not true. I called hosparus and told them about it. They agreed to give us a new nurse. dad went down hard three days later (with still no nurse). On Monday I called for emergency help (they were supposed to respond in an hour) - three and a half hours later a nurse pranced in the room. Dad lived three more days and every day they sent a different nurse with a different story about medications, etc. I was left completely on my own to make decisions on when to give meds, giving suppositories for fevers. I could've gone to a drug dealer and got the supplies I needed and would have had just as much info on what to do. It was really, really bad....

May 11, 2012

By DEParkinson

They were wonderful to our dying friend. Compassionate and professional.

Photos of Hosparus, Inc. - Louisville

Features of Hosparus, Inc. - Louisville

Medicare (ratings last updated: 09/05/17)

• Ownership Type: Voluntary Non Profit Private
  • Date Certified: 12/22/1983

About Hosparus, Inc. - Louisville

Hosparus is a fully accredited, nonprofit organization that provides care, comfort and counseling for people facing life-limiting illnesses in Kentucky and Southern Indiana. Hosparus operates as The Community Hospices of Louisville, Southern Indiana and Central Kentucky. For more than 30 years, our extensive planning and counseling services have helped patients and families deal with the many issues that surround the end of life. We offer a measure of control in situations that can seem out of control. Those who have used our services tell us that there is comfort in knowing what to do and what to expect in this part of life.

We are the region's leading hospice care provider and serve more than 4,000 patients a year. We help people face end-of-life issues with as much care and thought as any other milestone in life so they can enjoy the best quality of life possible.

Hosparus, Inc. - Louisville