Hosparus, Inc. - Louisville

3532 Ephraim McDowell Drive, Louisville, KY, 40205

Reviews of Hosparus, Inc. - Louisville

Karenomara March 20, 2013

Our experience was absolutely awful. The nurse assigned to dad was friendly and smiling until dad had to be catheterized, then she stopped showing up. she called me and told me that dads assisted living facility wanted him to be moved to a nursing home. Spoke to the assisted living facility - story was not true. I called hosparus and told them about it. They agreed to give us a new nurse. dad went down hard three days later (with still no nurse). On Monday I called for emergency help (they were supposed to respond in an hour) - three and a half hours later a nurse pranced in the room. Dad lived three more days and every day they sent a different nurse with a different story about medications, etc. I was left completely on my own to make decisions on when to give meds, giving suppositories for fevers. I could've gone to a drug dealer and got the supplies I needed and would have had just as much info on what to do. It was really, really bad....

DEParkinson May 12, 2012

They were wonderful to our dying friend. Compassionate and professional.

From Hosparus, Inc. - Louisville

Hosparus is a fully accredited, nonprofit organization that provides care, comfort and counseling for people facing life-limiting illnesses in Kentucky and Southern Indiana. Hosparus operates as The Community Hospices of Louisville, Southern Indiana and Central Kentucky. For more than 30 years, our extensive planning and counseling services have helped patients and families deal with the many issues that surround the end of life. We offer a measure of control in situations that can seem out of control. Those who have used our services tell us that there is comfort in knowing what to do and what to expect in this part of life.

We are the region's leading hospice care provider and serve more than 4,000 patients a year. We help people face end-of-life issues with as much care and thought as any other milestone in life so they can enjoy the best quality of life possible.

Features of Hosparus, Inc. - Louisville

Medicare (ratings last updated: 09/05/17)

• Ownership Type: Voluntary Non Profit Private