200 Bristol Glen Drive, Newton, NJ, 07860

Contact Now

Reviews of United Methodist Communities at Bristol Glen | Continuing Care Retirement Community

Bette1 March 15, 2013

Bristol Glen is very clean. The people were very accommodating and very nice. They're excellent.

Karen17 July 06, 2012

The staff was very friendly and always helpful. They didn't neglect my great grandmother like some of the other facilities would. My great grandmother appeared to be very happy and comfortable. She was making great progress at Bristol Glen. She recieves help around the clock, whenever she needed it. The physicians were well qualified and if I had any questions they would always explain things to me in a way I could understand it. The nurses and aides were all attentave and caring. You could tell that they truly liked their jobs and cared for the people at the facility. They had many amenities to keep my great grandmother's mind stimulated and focused. Because of this great care and attention I believe she lived to be so old. She was happy and mentally alert up until the day she died, about six months ago. For anybody who is considering placing a loved one in an assisted living program, Bristol Glen is the best around and I would definitely recomend it. Even though they are a bit more expensive than the other care facilities in the area, their service is unbeatable.

blueoctopus12 July 05, 2012

The assisted living provider that we've been in contact with is extremely knowledgeable. They are always very understanding and help anyone out with questions or special requests. I love the facilities here (as does my grandmother!), as they're extremely beautiful. My grandmother is a devoted Methodist, so it also helps that this is a Methodist-based care facility. The facility also features a retirement community, which is also fantastic and hosts a lot of events and activities to do for members. We reviewed a lot of other assisted living communities around northern New Jersey and we felt that Bristol Glen was by far the best community for our grandmother, especially since she's so close to home (so we can visit her often) and the area she grew up in.

Lauren B. June 13, 2012

This is one of the best assisted living facilities out there. My great grandmother was very independant, even though she was 97 years old when she passed. They didn't baby her and yet they helped her out the appropriate amount. She appeared to be very happy, and got along well with the faculty. They came by daily to keep her company, as we couldn't be there as often as we wished that we could. They were there for a few hours each day, and treated her like a real person. They made conversation with her, asking about her kids and how she was feeling. When she passed the nurses were very sympathetic. They called us right away and even kept her stuff for over a month until we could find a place to put it all. Overall our experience with Bristol Glen Assisted Living Facility was very positive. I can't think of one negative thing to say about them. I love their caring and sensitive staff and the services they provide are great.

From United Methodist Communities at Bristol Glen

Sitting on 74 bucolic acres of woods and meadows, the Bristol Glen campus offers security, serenity and the opportunity to make lifelong friends. One of the most common reasons that seniors transition from their own homes to Bristol Glen independent living is the freedom gained. Downsizing eliminates the ongoing taxes, utility and maintenance costs associated with home ownership. It minimizes personal chores and errands, maximizing and allowing time to pursue other long-delayed interests and desires and to take advantage of the many on campus programs for residents.

CCRC living at Bristol Glen is an upscale, condo-like apartment home that gives you the ability to maintain independence, privacy and dignity. The beautiful wooded campus and the proximity to the town of Newton provide ample opportunity for recreational pursuits.

Features of United Methodist Communities at Bristol Glen

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• We charge an entry fee

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 65