Franke Home at Seaside

1885 Rifle Range Road, Mount Pleasant, SC, 29464

Reviews of Franke Home at Seaside

Megan9 July 22, 2014

We found Franke, and my mother-in-law will be moving in in September. She's starting out in independent living, but she can graduate to assisted and nursing home if needed in the future. We knew of it because we live here. She had a wonderful visit, and they've been incredibly accommodating, and her apartment is getting fixed up now. The apartment is lovely. All the independent rooms have a porch off the living area, which gives some more square footage and the ability to feel like you're outdoors. To me, the rooms at Franke were far superior. The other thing she liked about it was that she only has to include one meal a day, so that she can eat her breakfast or her lunch in her apartment. She can pick and choose when she eats in the dining room or the cafe. The dining area is lovely, perfect. When she visited, she said the food was better than any restaurant she's been to. They have art classes, book clubs, and they go to symphonies. They have current event clubs and play mahjong. If it's a bit too hot, they have an indoor pool for water aerobics and swimming. They have a huge athletic gym with equipment. They have physical therapy. I think it's very vibrant. It's a community that emphasizes active living, so it's very intellectually and physically stimulating. They do stuff to keep them young and active.

Caring88408150 July 18, 2014

Franke Home looked very good, but it wasn't for my mother. The staff was very good. You buy a suite for a couple of hundred thousand dollars. Their people were very, very independent. They looked nice. The people there probably went to work. They have houses; they have their apartments. They have a beautiful indoor pool. They had a parking garage. They have everything.

Caring8677 June 27, 2014

Over at Franke Home at Seaside, the room was very tiny. My older sister's take on it was that it barely had a room for a twin bed. The residents were really living inside their rooms. They were out of action most of the time. There were some things about its assisted living area that were still there from a good ten, fifteen years ago. And, you still have about a six inch lift to step over and walk into the walk-in shower, which could be enough of an impediment for those who are mobility challenged. The staff was very congenial. They were able to answer a lot of questions and were just very, very positive.

Caring81816750 April 11, 2014

I thought if my dad would have come here, Franke would definitely be the choice. I was convinced not to go any further after my visit. It was homey and the people were very nice and sincere. Everything was spectacular. It was very impressive because they had a cathedral there. I was also impressed with the chef they hired and the food. However, the rooms were below standard compared to all the other facilities I've visited.

Sherry F. August 14, 2012

This is a 5 Star Facility with a loving staff of caring people.

Darlene3 July 31, 2012

This is a lovely facility equipped with a memory care unit. The atmosphere is very cheerful and residents seem busy and happy. Dining facility is quite open although does seem smaller than some I have seen. I loved the outdoor garden where residents can work in the garden or visit the rabbits that live there.

madeline1 July 11, 2012

This facility is located in a quiet area; the grounds are very large and quite beautiful, providing many opportunities for outdoor activities for residents. The inside of the buildings were clean and spacious, and there are many different levels of care for different residents. The medical care available is proficient, and when they are not able to provide care to a high enough level, they will send the resident to a nearby hospital. The care attendants are numerous and very attentive. They exhibit a high level of competence and patience with older residents, and are always available when needed. My only complaint was that the food in the facility is not very good, and the rooms for the patients look a little dated. However, everything is kept up as well as possible, and there are restaurants in the same area to take residents to when you visit. All in all, a very well run establishment.

nikimiller September 09, 2011

Beatiful location.

About Franke Home at Seaside

Franke Home at Seaside is a continuing care retirement community in Mount Pleasant, SC that offers housing options for currently healthy people who want to secure their healthcare plan throughout the aging process. Contact Franke Home at Seaside for more details on CCRC housing and rates.

Location of Franke Home at Seaside