Arbor Glen | Continuing Care Retirement Community

100 Monroe Street, Bridgewater, NJ, 08807

Top nearby Continuing Care Retirement Communities

Reviews of Arbor Glen | Continuing Care Retirement Community

marjecat July 28, 2016

My mother lives in a lovely spacious apartment in Arbor Glen. She is actively involved in the many activities and social life there. Newly renovated, the Community Center provides a warm and inviting atmosphere and is beautifully maintained. The residents are friendly and welcoming and the staff caring and attentive.
The CEO, involved in all aspects of the community, is in constant communication with and responsive to the residents. He has introduced Happy Hours, special events and themed parties. The new Bistro adds an additional dining option to the Main Dining Room. Both have outstanding meals by an executive chef. We and our children enjoy our meals there when visiting Mom. My mother relocated briefly to the Holly Health Center after a hospital stay. The care she received was excellent and we were relieved she was so well cared for. My siblings and I are pleased our mother has selected Arbor Glen to spend her retirement years.

M31 July 27, 2016

My husband and I moved into Arbor Glen thirteen years ago after making one of the hardest decisions during our life together. Three months later, just after his 72nd birthday he had major surgery and did not make it home. I still miss him greatly and yet, hardly a day goes by that I am not thankful and appreciate that decision to live at Arbor Glen. The people, (employees as well as residents) are extremely caring, respectful, friendly and helpful. It's still amazing to me.

Oh99 June 22, 2016

There's a reason why the independent living area at Arbor Glen is only 60% occupied. It's an overpriced facility meant to impress the outsider. The independent apartments are nice as is the overall facility and the dining hall generally serves quality meals, but assisted living is a different story. To begin with, the staff seems very disgruntled with management and very few seem to enjoy their work and it shows, probably because they are way understaffed. Push your call button and you often wait 30 minutes or more for help so if you have a true emergency, you're out of luck until a staff person casually makes their way to your room. For the person that falls out of bed or otherwise injures themselves overnight, they'll get treated at the time, but nobody follows up the next day to see if there are any lingering injuries that need to be addressed. The food is supposed to be the same as what's served in the main dining room, but it's not even close. Few choices, often cold and I don't think they ever wash the lettuce. Just recently, a resident found a live bug in her salad. That's just wrong, especially for a place that is supposed to be high-end. The CEO is completely out of touch with the needs of the residents, especially the assisted living residents. His management and communication is pathetic and wastes money like an out of control teenager. In the past two years, the downstairs "bistro" has been completely remodeled twice because the first attempt was a failure. He bought a beautiful luxury bus to transport residents on trips, then later found that it doesn't fit under the main entryway so residents need to walk outside through the parking lot to get to it. Imagine that in the foul winter weather! Overall, the place is just not what it seems on the outside and there are much better run places out there that actually care about the residents, especially the one's who need the extra care.

As members of the Arbor Glen resident council, we promote open communication both with our residents as well as the President and CEO who is very much in touch with all of our needs.

Resident concerns may be brought to the Resident Council at any time where solutions are sought and resolved through appropriate channels.

An involved Board of Directors helps to ensure good stewardship and responsible allocation of funds in keeping with the Quaker principles to which Arbor Glen subscribes.

Arbor Glen constantly attracts new additions to our family because we are a nurturing, safe and caring community.

As leaders of the community we take great pride in creating a place of beauty and warmth, ensuring residents and family members have a voice and are being heard.

Caring110013350 August 21, 2015

My mom is in Arbor Glen, and we are very pleased. The staff seems to be very attentive to what needs my mother has. We are dealing with Medicare, and my understanding is that they are one of the more expensive ones in the area. However, I will recommend it. The sanitation is good. My mother is not eating, and that is one of our problems, but I do not think it is the food. I think it is her. It appears that the choices vary and seem to be good.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy to hear of your positive experience, and look forward to continuing to serve your mother here at Arbor Glen. At our community, the safety, health and well-being of our residents is always our #1 priority, so we welcome the opportunity to hear more from you about how we can continue to support your mom. Feel free to call me at your convenience at 908-595-6500.

-Felix Rosenwasser, President and CEO

Caring110995350 July 30, 2015

I liked Arbor Glen. It was clean, but I can’t afford it. I liked the location, I liked the fact that they have individual apartments, and I liked that they have assisted living and nursing care if needed. If you don’t drive; they have a van that would take you for shopping or if you want to go to the mall that’s close by. There is a hospital nearby. Most of the activities were indoors like movies and socials. I was very satisfied with Arbor Glen.

Sad and Frustrated 1224 April 28, 2015

My mom has been assigned to Arbo Glen - sub-acute rehab facility after hip surgey last week, which she has just started PT/OC at the facility, met the PT/OCT and can say they are both great with my mom..very knowledgeable/friendly..the few day shift nurses/aids met are also very good in handling my mom, but after dinner the night care at this facility is very poor..there's only one nurse/aid tending to @ 20 patients in my mother's sub-acute wing..is this the norm? Also, noticed over the past couple of nights, the night shift is not very responsive to my mom's needs except for following their schedule for adminstering medications...no vitals are taken during the course of the evening to ensure her blood pressure and temp are stable/good. The other night she had she had a low grade fever and adminstered tylenol..the night nurse told us he would come back and check on her..never showed up..the morning shift nurse followed up.. also, sat in solied diapers for over 3 hours before being changed..Besides the therapy being adminstered, the care is not what my family and I expected at this facility..DON/ADON need to review their night staff ratio to patient as well as how well they care for their patients.

NJNative January 05, 2015

I have known several family friends who been to Arbor Glen for short term rehab. They were very pleased with the caring and conscientious nurses and therapists. The facility is very clean and the staff were always smiling when I visited. My friend who was just there for rehab following a total hip replacement said that he was very pleased with the rehab staff and the nurses. Thank you!

frustrated & annoyed August 13, 2014

My mom lived there for many years - she had many complaints - some of them I felt were due to her having trouble adjusting. Others were valid. That is the past - she chose to stay there. She has since past and we are still waiting for Arbor Glen to sell the unit. In May of this year 43% of the units were empty – What is being done? How can they be fiscally solvent? I have found their attitude appalling. They are not accountable for their actions. As a business model with a marketing division they cannot report on the foot traffic or submit to heirs a marketing scorecard. Additionally, Arbor Glen employees are not prepared to respond to questions, heirs are being directed to communicate with their legal firm when asking questions about the marketing plan etc.

Trapped Arbor Glen heir August 07, 2014

Your heirs not be able to get equity back!!! My family is almost 4 years waiting with no positive outlook in sight. Arbor Glen will not even accept help to market and sell our property! Why?? What they are doing and not doing = 0 results

Ganesha May 26, 2014

What a lovely community! I was so pleased to see people smiling and interacting so well with one another and the residents. There is a strong feeling of caring which is evident. The rooms are bright and airy. No one is simply "sitting" near the nurses station. Fresh flowers are visible throughout the builidng. Simply put, lovely. Refreshing to see such postive energy in a rehabilitation and care center.

Jim Zachary May 03, 2014

My mother lived eight happy years at Arbor Glen, having passed away in January. She always referred to herself as a happy camper. Her independent living room was beautiful and her assisted living room was also very personalized and nice. The management and staff of Arbor Glen were very committed and caring, in fact loving, throughout her stay. She especially enjoyed wine with her pals and the frequent entertainment. My sisters and I will always be grateful to the Arbor Glen staff. They honored every commitment and exceeded our expectations. WELL DONE.

jjbecksr December 25, 2013

On Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 4:30 am my wife asked that she be wheeled into the bathroom so she could urinate in the toilet. When she got parked at the toilet, she was too weak to get up from the wheel chair and asked the female attendant for help. The attendant refused to help in any manner and just stood there. My wife continued to ask for help and two other female attendants appeared and they also refused to help my wife. After a few minutes she asked to be wheeled back to an area near her bed. The attendant did that. At 7:45 am my wife called her husband and told him what had happened. An attendant, Katrina, appeared in the room while they were talking and was told what had happened and that his wife needed help getting on the toilet. Katrina said she would help. As of about 1:00 pm when my wife was leaving Arbor Glen in disgust, Katrina had not returned. During the course of the morning, a sign was noticed kin the employee’s break room stating “If any Arbor Glen employee tells a patient that we are understaffed, the employee will be fired."

GrannysKeeper December 04, 2013

My grandmother came here for rehab after a accident. I walked in to visit her and found her laying there naked, dehydrated and starved. It took almost 30 minutes for a nurse to come change her. The rooms were awful and depressing. Two days later we discovered her again unfed and dehydrated. She is back in the hospital as they think she developed pneumonia from the place. She was shaking and over medicated. I'm appalled by this and the lack of assistance. I feel sad for the 2 nurses I encountered that were genuinely nice people. This place must be understaffed. Not recommended for rehab care.

momonstage September 26, 2013

My father was at this facility for subacute rehab and received excellent nursing care as well as therapy. The food was very good, and all staff members were cheerful and accommodating. The DON and ADON were especially responsive to all requests.

joseph123 March 19, 2012

Worst facility I have ever seen. Director of nursing grossly incapable. Ceo is rude and uncaring. Nurses are ill mannered and disrespectful to patients. Don't go near this place, its a disaster...

About Arbor Glen

Arbor Glen is a continuing care retirement community in Bridgewater, NJ that offers housing options for currently healthy people who want to secure their healthcare plan throughout the aging process. Contact Arbor Glen for more details on CCRC housing and rates.

Location of Arbor Glen