Brookdale Neese Rd Woodstock

756 Neese Road, Woodstock, GA, 30188

Reviews of Brookdale Neese Rd Woodstock

Theresa32 August 09, 2015

Brookdale Neese was an older facility. I had visited someone in there a number of years ago, and I liked it. However, the room that they showed me this time had a little entryway that could house two loveseats, and the bedroom was smaller. I wasn't too impressed with that living part of it, which made storage a very limited thing. It had a nice sized bathroom, but you had to put some extra shelving. It just didn't suit my vision of what I thought it was because I visited several years ago, and the person at that time had a sitting room bigger than what I saw this time -- a bigger bedroom -- and she had lots of larger furniture. They were busy; some volunteer had come in, and they were singing. They all looked pretty happy with that, and they do get to keep a pet. I would recommend it because it was upbeat. They had a big gathering area in the center of the place, and it's one level, which is much nicer for elderly. They can roll themselves right outside if they want to be.

Caring111289150 July 29, 2015

I had a visit at Brookdale Neese Rd Woodstock, and I can see that they are in some kind of transition. They didn’t have flyers or prices. Everything had to be handwritten because they didn’t have materials on hand. I believe at the time of my visit they were also short staffed. It is in a quiet area, and it appeared to be a nice facility. It was clean, and the rooms were adequate.

John102954950 March 12, 2015

My mother is in Brookdale. It is very nice. She has a nice size bedroom, a nice size bathroom, and a little front room that allows her to put in a 50 inch TV and a rocking chair. She seems to like the food very much. They play bingo. They celebrate various occasions like Valentine's Day. They take them to grocery stores, K-mart, and doctor's appointments. They play mahjong.

I moved her there because of its proximity to my house. It is only 10 minutes away, plus, they have the availability, and they had a special, which makes it cheaper.

Caring102437550 December 03, 2014

I thought the Emeritus at Woodstock was not the same as when I knew it before under a different ownership, and I loved everything about it back then. Going in, to me, it was not the same décor as it was. It almost came more across like a nursing home kind of look and feel. I didn't like going in, I didn't get that homey feel, and it just wasn't nice. When we went in, there was nobody there that could help us that day. We met somebody -- who I think was a part-time employee -- and she really couldn't give us any information on pricing or anything like that, so we just left our name and number, and I don't believe anybody called us back.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts about our community. We deeply regret that we were unable to meet your expectations upon first impression. Please be assured we are committed to our residents and their family members. We hope you will keep us is mind and come back to visit again.

Hopeful in GA January 31, 2014

Emeritus at Woodstock was our second choice. It's a nice facility. The people were very nice, helpful, and informative.

Just Visiting1 August 28, 2013

Emeritus at Woodstock was the one that I was very pleased with, especially the openness of the place. They had a nice outside patio area and a little walkway out to an area where you could sit and socialize with people when the weather is nice. They also had a larger room that might be available to have friends come over. It would be nice to be able to invite friends over. For early riser guests, they can go to this place and get cereals and coffee or juice and talk with other guests and that was good. With regards to staff, the person who showed us around gave us more information maybe because I asked a lot of questions and their manager was more impressive. Residents seemed happy, others were smiling and seemed relaxed. The only thing that I don't care for about this facility is the location. It was up the hillside and there was kind of a windy road when you go up there, so that was a little detrimental to me.

Lyn5 August 27, 2013

I toured Emeritus at Woodstock and the staff was helpful. The residents waved and greeted the lady who showed me around. The facility was very nice. From the outside, it was smaller. However when I got inside, it was much bigger and spread out. The rooms were very nice. They had a calendar for their activities. They had exercises, movies and they took the residents to places. They had a small coffee shop as well; so, if the residents didn't want to go for the full breakfast, they could go there.

Kathy21 April 17, 2013

We chose Emeritus for my father-in-law because of the homey atmosphere. The staff loved him and attended to his needs. I liked how well they treated him. There were also many activiities for the residents. His room was big and roomy. We also moved his furnitures to his room. The facility had a dining area complete with silverware. If possible, I would suggest to improve the way they deal with sick residents. Nonetheless, I would still recommend this place.

warnellb November 16, 2012

Emeritus at Woodstock was a very nice place for my father. They just need to improve the communication within the facility. On the other hand, staff has been really great and the food was good. He actually stayed there for while but when they re-evaluated him they suggested that he would really benefit more in the memory care. There was no vacancy at that time so we transferred him to another facility.

Joan Huguley October 05, 2012

My mother was a resident for approximately one year, and Emeritus at Woodstock was more like a true "home" for her than a facility. For us, every aspect felt like family. My mother was clearly not the easiest resident for the staff and yet she was endeared like everyone else and even given special attention and care. Emeritus' care did not end at the facility; while my mother was in the hospital, she had regular visits and calls from the Emeritus staff. My relationship with the kind people at Emeritus continues after my mother's passing - I stop by often to visit with an "adopted" resident and with the staff, many of whom have become good friends. I somewhat jokingly tell them to reserve a room for me for 20 years from now. I cannot imagine a better place. This Emeritus property is as good as it gets.

LiveLife1 September 27, 2011

I enjoyed my stay here it felt like I was home and the co workers and other residents were my family and great friends. They always kept me entertained.

july78 September 06, 2011

I visited this facility upon searching for a place for my mom and dad. The staff here were very helpful by showing me a tour of the kitchen, bedrooms, and activity areas which all happen to be very organized and clean. I saw many of the residents watching TV, karaoke and some inside planting.

anonymous12345 August 02, 2011

Beautiful facility. I loved the staff that was on duty. When I was there the residents were in the dinning area and singing along with someone. The ones that were not singing, an employee would go up to them with a lot of positive energy and sing and dance with the residents. They finally started singing. If it was that easy for the staff to make them smile by singing I can only imagine how well they are taken care of outside of activities. When you walk in you feel at home and very welcomed by the staff and some of the residents

Concerned Social Worker July 15, 2011

Terrace at Woodstock is located a bit off the main road, with lots of churches nearby, which is attractive to many local residents.

When you walk in, this feels like a nice and spacious place. But the problem is that visitors are left standing there without direction or greeting. There is usually no one at front desk"”which is not only offputting to visitors, it also signals the place may not be that safe or secure for the residents who live there.

Staff members, once you find them, are not responsive to questions.

There is a schedule of activities and good therapy sessions available. But other than that, the place is not distinctive. The rooms are an average size. The food is standard fare. The staff is not remarkable.

And while the common area in the main assisted living part of the facility is clean, in the memory care unit, things go straight downhill. The memory care unit has a strong smell of urine"”and the caregivers there seem to take care of very basic needs, while providing no real stimulating activities or going any extra miles for the residents who live there.

As the Executive Director of the community for over eight years, I would like to respond to the prior comment made by a “concerned social worker”. We currently have a full-time concierge who covers our front desk from 9am to 5pm everyday. We have a weekend concierge who covers our front desk from 10 am to 4 pm. Our first impression/greeting our customers is very important to us. Our weekday and weekend concierge’s are also very attentive to our residents requests and/or needs so it is possible that there may be times that they step away from the desk momentarily to attend to those needs and/or requests. Emeritus at Woodstock is known for the longevity of it’s employees; they are trained to welcome, smile and greet everyone they come into contact with; if they don’t know the answer to a question, we train them to assist the customer in finding another staff member who can. We offer a nutritionally balanced menu for our residents with alternate choices and options; these menus are provided by a licensed nutritionists. The community is visited and evaluated by the nutritionist once each quarter to ensure compliance with the menus, food quality, portion sizes, etc. Our chef is a Servsafe certified Dietary Services Director working to his full ability to ensure that our residents have quality, satisfying and nutritionally balanced meals. Emeritus at Woodstock’s Memory Care community has been 100% occupied for over one year. Our staff in Memory care are hand picked due to their knowledge and love for working with our memory impaired residents; We pride ourselves with maintaining our Memory care community as a clean, odor free homelike environment that meets all of our residents basic needs but also their needs for companionship, stimulation, reminiscing about the past and everything in between. Our Memory care staff are chosen for this community because they do go “above and beyond” to ensure that our residents are safe, comfortable and at home when they choose our community as their home.

Kimberly A. Taylor – Executive Director Mentor, Emeritus at Woodstock

SunsetTann June 05, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

My grandmother was a resident of this facility and she thoroughly enjoyed it. Every time I came to visit, she would tell me of how happy she was there and how wonderful the employees treated her. The service was great and the activities provided were enjoyable for her age group.

From Brookdale Neese Rd Woodstock

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Neese Rd Woodstock

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Pharmacy
  • Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Microwaves and refrigerators

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 65

• Licenses: PCH
  • State License(s): 028-03-009-1

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Neese Rd Woodstock