Walden III

325 North Broadway, Wind Gap, PA, 18091

Reviews of Walden III

John64711350 July 10, 2013

Walden III is wonderful, I couldn't be happier with the facility. They allowed my mother to be treated for Alzheimer's for a flat fee. I would love for them to have a locked down facility and gated as anyone could wander off but the nurses always call me, they always check in on me and report anything good or bad that happens. They have a lot of in house activities like exercise and they celebrate birthdays. I already recommended Walden III to others.

moonlesswhisperings November 17, 2011

Walden III is a very nice assisted living home. The staff is very friendly and compassionate, and they are very knowledgeable. My grandmother is a resident there, and they treat her with the utmost respect. If she needs anything they will do whatever they can to help her. The food is surprisingly good. They have two cats that reside there, and they do a lot to comfort the residents. There are a few sitting rooms with TV's and couches, and places to sit and play cards and other games. Most of the rooms are private rooms which is very nice as well. There is the option to go outside and feed the birds or squirrels, or just sit and relax. The facility is all on one floor, so the residents can easily meet and mingle. The area of town that it is located is nice. It's not too busy or too loud.

9Zin May 25, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

Walden III is one of the most charming little assisted living homes I've ever been in! Having a lot of older relatives that actually reside in assisted living, I have seen quite a few throughout the Pocono and Lehigh Valley region of PA, and this has got to be one of the cleanest and most "home-y" feeling. The staff is always pleasant and ready to assist with anything my Uncle might need. This is including, (but not limited to), laundry, cooking, medication administering, and assistance with all activities of daily living. You could do a lot worse than Walden III, especially in this day-and-age of health care facilities gouging the elderly price-wise. Yes, it costs to stay at Walden III, but I feel my Uncle is getting the care and attention he needs to essentially live on his own with a little bit of help. I totally recommend this establishment!

From Walden III

Walden III is an Assisted Living Residence opened in February 1987. Our intention is to provide a safe, attractive and affordable alternative to nursing homes for elderly residents who need some supervision and assistance but want neither the expense nor the environment of a nursing home setting. And since our inception all those years ago our guiding principles have always been the same; to create a warm, supportive and stimulating environment that fosters independence while providing assistance when and where it's needed.

Location of Walden III