Brompton Heights, Inc.

275 Brompton Road, Williamsville, NY, 14221

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Brompton Heights, Inc.

October 11, 2016

By Marlene267514

There was one that I did go to see and I was not pleased with it. It was Brompton Heights. Apparently it came up as being affordable for my mom, but it turned out that it wasn’t. It was a weekly rate as opposed to a monthly rate, and it was out of Mom’s price range. The staff gave me a tour. She was very nice and helpful, but the place had an odor to it. It wasn’t a repulsive odor; it was a “I-don’t-want-to-live-here” odor. The hallways were narrower. The rooms were smaller. I was pretty shocked to find out that it was a more expensive option. There were folks eating in the dining room, and there were folks in the activity room playing like a trivia game. Overall, I really was disappointed, and my mom couldn’t afford it.

May 12, 2016

By BobOEWJL

My aunt stayed at Brompton Heights for two months. It was a good place, everybody was professional, and we didn't have any issues which is a big thing. The food was good, and they had a lot of activities. They had a shuttle that took the residents to doctors' appointments. They served three meals a day and had an ice cream shop that open during the day. For a couple of hours a day, they could get a snack.

September 30, 2015

My mother is over at Brompton Heights now. We choose it because she needs an enhanced assisted living, and there is not a lot to pick from for that purpose. They have lots of activities. My mother is in the memory care section so she cannot participate in the activities of the bigger group. But they have arts & crafts and they have seniors out yesterday. They can take them to doctor's appointment, but we rather do it ourselves. The caregivers are pretty good. I am quite pleased with them, especially she has one favorite nurse that she just loves. The place is clean, but the other section is so big, and I wonder how people can go along with it being so big. It is just too far for me to drive. I ate there a couple of times and I think the food is pretty good.

June 27, 2015

By Jane4567

Every once in a while I join my friend for lunch, this time during lunch there was a woman by the name of Michele going around to each table, she asked if we were enjoying our meal, how everything was tasting and so on. But I noticed how rude she was to the kitchen staff. She talked down to them and never complicated them just told them every thing they did wrong. I personally think the kitchen staff works very hard and I think they do a very nice job. If anything Michele was just discouraging them and under appreciating all the hard work they do for the residents.

June 01, 2015

By Daniel19

I visited Brompton Heights on and off quite frequently when a good friend of mine was there. The physical facility was nice. The people were very accommodating. I had three or four relatives and friends there, and I was always impressed with it.

March 27, 2015

Brompton Heights has only one room and no kitchenette. They have a lot of activities. I was looking for a little smaller home, and I think Brompton has 175 in-house. They have crafts room and movie rooms. The facility was setup nicely, but I didn't like the one room, and I didn't like too many residents. As for staff, every place I went was very friendly and very nice. I would recommend any of them to go to see for themselves, but I prefer the one with the bedroom separated from the main room.

February 19, 2015

By Frank37

I went on a tour at Brompton Heights. It was a nice place, but there was no room available. I do remember what the shared room looked like, and it was way too small. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They had plenty of activities. There was an activity room, and there were people there doing something.

December 26, 2014

By Edward19

We found Brompton Heights for my mom. We like what they have to offer. My first impression of it was that it was clean, it was big, and the residents seemed to be happy. The staff seems to be very close to their residents and taking care of them. They do a lot of entertaining of the residents. They have bingo, they take them on tours, and they have pool table and a movie theater where they show two movies a day. They have a lot of activities. I ate there for lunch. They have a good menu. They give you two choices for lunch and dinner. My mom is living in a one-bedroom. It has a shower and a bath together. It is almost like a nursing home facility but a little bit bigger. She has one bed, two tables, and a TV. She also has heat and air-conditioning. My mom is happy. She has only been there for three months, and she is still trying to adjust to a lot of the residents, but she is adjusting to her surroundings. My overall experience with this community is good.

December 31, 2013

By Angelina4

Mom had stayed at Brompton Heights and it was a very nice place. Everything was great. Their services were awesome.

September 27, 2013

By Janet30

I placed my husband in Brompton Heights for five days while I went to New York. It was a last minute decision. However, the people were very helpful and they took care of contacting the doctor and doing all the paperwork that needed to be done. The activity director was outstanding and they had activities going 24 hours a day. Even if people got up during the night, there were things for them to do. My husband really enjoyed it.

August 01, 2013

By Barbara49

My mother-in-law is in Brompton Heights. It is an independent living facility. They give us a deal on the rate and it includes three meals. The room, although it's a one-bedroom, it is impressive in size and it has a full kitchen plus her own washer and drier was right in her room. The staff is very friendly. They have a movie theater. They have an activity room, which they do more than just regular activities. They encourage the residents to bring their pets no matter what kind of pet they are and she have a cat that is really attached to her. My mother-in-law is happy there.

July 29, 2013

By favoriteson

Beware the management at Bromptom Heights. Make sure you understand the rights of your loved one if you are placing him or her in an assisted living or memory care facility. If you are a legal guardian or power of attorney and are used to making decisions about their care, you will need to understand that now they are in a facility and the management will decide if they need psychotropic medication or their behavior is such that the facility needs to “send them out” -a euphenism for a trip to the Emergency Room of a hospital that has a psychiatric unit in hopes that they will be admitted and put on medication to control their behavior. I placed my father at Brompton’s Heights Assisted Living facility after touring it and having my him screened by them. I visited daily and thought he was doing well, however, I was called at work exactly one week after he was admitted and told that I needed to pick him up by 2:00, as he was being discharged due to his behavior. I offered to call his physician to see if his medication could be adjusted, but their minds were made up. I called the Alzheimer’s Association and they were helpful. They said that legally Brompton’s administrator had to meet with me and give me a 30 day written notice if they were discharging my father. I called Brompton’s management company, The Hamister Group, and lodged a grievance. I also called the New York State Health Department and made a complaint. It is a month and a half later and I have not heard back from either one. I took my father home on the weekend after arranging aide service, but was quite upset at how I was treated and my father not seeming to have any legal rights. Also, the Director of Nursing and the Marketing Director at Brompton Heights treated me very rudely, condescendingly, and were quite unprofessional.

June 19, 2013

By Carolyn9

When we walked in at Brompton Heights last January, the place was very nice. They were explaining things to us what they would do to help my mom, but in the last six months they got very low of it and she is going downhill quite rapidly, so we have to move her into a skilled nursing facility. I tried eating there and the food was disgusting. They are giving my mom a sandwich at lunch time everyday which is their main meal and she has been losing a lot of weight. They don't take care of her needs when she goes to the bathroom. When my family and myself go to see her, we ended up having to clean her up and change her clothes because they are not doing it. Her bathroom is always dirty and we are always cleaning it because she has accidents. We asked them to put her on a schedule to go to the bathroom which they said they would and apparently they haven't because she is still having a lot of accidents. They let the residents go to the great room and the people just sit there with nothing to do and fall asleep in their chair. There is no activity for them do. It is very disappointing from what they said they would do to what they were actually doing, so now we need to move her.

July 09, 2012

By archie'smom

The Brompton is an extremely-impressive-seeming facility, and the tour was both friendly and competent-seeming. However, we were not pleased with the results of our father's respite care stay. He has Alzheimer's, and perhaps should have been placed in the Alzheimer's unit, but the intake person decided he was borderline; hence he was placed in the regular population. This appears to have been a mistake. In the course of a week, his confidence is lost, and he seems to have suffered an enormous set-back because of this experience. Furthermore, a valuable piece of computer equipment with which music could be played for him was lost/stolen, despite assurances from the staff that it would be under lock and key. Finally, three telephone calls requesting out-take and feedback have gone unreturned, since our father left the Brompton. We are concerned about what seems to be a lack of professionalism on the Brompton's part, and would suggest others be cautious in their dealings with them. Do not be taken in by the beauty/graciousness of first impressions; rather, look deeper.

November 19, 2011

By Stu

My mother lived in their CARE unit for over a year. Most of the time I was pleased with her care. The facility is beautiful and their activities program was awesome. Nursing care changed often. I found that frustrating.

Photos of Brompton Heights, Inc.

Services & Amenities of Brompton Heights, Inc.

• Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7

• Minimum Age: None

• State Licenses: 240-F-133

About Brompton Heights, Inc.

Brompton Heights, Inc. is an assisted living facility in Williamsville, NY that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Brompton Heights, Inc. for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Brompton Heights, Inc.

Brompton Heights, Inc.