Bay Lake Retirement and Assisted Living Community

4225 Shore Drive, Virginia Beach, VA, 23455

Reviews of Bay Lake Retirement and Assisted Living Community

jaybiz0615 May 30, 2012

The facility is beautifully decorated inside and out. All the rooms are furnished and everything is kept extremely clean and hygienic. The staff are all very friendly and seem genuinely caring. The only negative I would note is the quality of the food service provided. My aunt complained of the food often making her sick to her stomach when a particular chef is cooking. I asked the servers and they all told me that some of the residents would not eat a meal if it was cooked by a particular female chef who was said to never wash her hands. This food poisoning risk was a great concern to me and the management assured me they would renew all training on hand washing and food preparation.

Gcameron October 14, 2011

The staff of Bay Lake Retirement and Assisted Living Community are absolutely wonderful. I obtained a position in California, forcing me to relocate with my sick mother. My mother requires comprehensive medical care and did not want to leave the state of Virginia, so I was left in a bind. Upon visiting Bay Lake Retirement and Assisted Living Community, I found myself relieved, they offered on site nurses, community activities and spacious living conditions. My mother was above and beyond pleased with the facility. I have referred many patients to the facility since the passing of my mother, yet I still keep in touch with the wonderful staff whom accompanied her in her last days.

mnrobbs67 September 29, 2011

A very close family friend of ours lives at Bay Lake Retirement Community right now. She lost her husband several years back and eventually was not able to manage living on her own anymore due to some medical problems. My mom and I helped her look at retirement facilities and we all loved Bay Lake. The residence itself is a beautiful colonial style building and the resident rooms are well decorated and comfortable. It is in a very nice neighborhood and has spacious grounds for the residents to enjoy. The staff was very welcoming, took the time to get to know us and answered all of our questions with patience and understanding. We even had a meal there on our visit to see what the food was like and it was fantastic. Bay Lake makes me want to retire now! Our friend is doing very well there and is still incredibly happy with her choice to move into Bay Lake. We visit her often and have experienced their high standard of care firsthand. I would recommend this facility to anyone looking for a beautiful, relaxing and caring place to retire.

lakeside818 September 29, 2011

I visit my aunt at Bay Lake every Saturday morning. Auntie used to drop off her niece and nephew at the school nearby in our younger days. We go down memory lane and talk about the excursions we took with the kids. Auntie likes the setting of Baylake near the ocean and her own private bathroom and kitchenette make her feel very comfortable. She can go in the kitchen and get her Yoplait yogurt and Dr. Pepper. That is her favorite snack. She goes to the beauty shop right there at Baylake and often asks me, What do you think? I am so happy that she is satisfied and looks great. There is even transportation at her new home so she can feel independent about going to some of her doctor's visits alone. She's got new neighbors and she eats with her new friends often. Finally, the happiest moment is that she has Skip, her dog, with her. Pets are allowed at this assisted living center. Auntie is happy and the whole family is happy because she and Skip are happy.

From Bay Lake Retirement and Assisted Living Community

There's nothing like living near the ocean "“ the breezes, the views, the warm days. Bay Lake is a Retirement and Assisted Living community in Virginia Beach, Virginia that experts call one of the most progressively designed senior residences in the country.

Our mission at Bay Lake is to bring seniors the finest retirement living environment that includes assisted living and special needs care. That's one of the reasons we're located in the lovely Tidewater area of Virginia, near the Chesapeake Bay side of the ocean, in a beautifully classic neighborhood.

Features of Bay Lake Retirement and Assisted Living Community

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Pharmacy