Sunrise Senior Village

11722 North 17 Street, Tampa, FL, 33612

Reviews of Sunrise Senior Village

Pete-o October 16, 2015

I have a family member who is rather difficult due to some mental issues. He has been in many assisted living communities over the last 5 years. This is the first place that took the necessary time to meet his needs and make him feel like he was at home. The administrator Sherry is also a nurse. She checks in with me on a regular basis. Nice friendly staff, clean nice building.

We are glad you enjoyed your visit. At Sunrise Senior Village, we think of our residents as family and we always try and go the extra mile to ensure their stay with us is an enjoyable one.

Caring1331 July 29, 2014

My sister is in a private room at Sunrise Village. The director said it is clean, the food is good, and it is affordable. And, the affordable part of that made it extremely attractive. They have a social area where they have a big television set. She doesn't complain about the food being bad. My sister is very difficult; she cannot communicate in a normal sense. There is some staff that she really, really likes, and there are a few she sometimes says she has issues with. She is incontinent, and when her husband was taking care of her she would get urinary tract infections all the time. After I took over, I started using wet wipes every time she pees, but I don't want her to take it upon herself to wipe after peeing; I want somebody else doing it, and Sunrise Village is following that instruction. And then, they used the wet wipes, and in this whole year, knock on wood, she has not had one urinary tract infection. They really are taking care of her, and that is extremely important because that would be the first place that it would show up if she wasn't being cleaned properly. Her room gives you a feeling more of a nursing home type, but the flooring is tiled and it is light, it is very bright, and it is washed every day.

We are happy you feel we are offering appropriate care for your sister. We are sensitive to all our resident’s individual needs and strive to provide the best care possible.

Not impressed. April 24, 2012

I have visited this place often and I never fail to see dirty patients. It seems no one checks to see if the patients are bathed or change their clothes every day.

tampabayCNA January 18, 2012

Sunrise Village is larger ALF that is home to about 60 residents. Once I entered this building I had gotten a smell of an odor I could not pinpoint, however it was not appealing. I saw several residents and all of them appeared happy. There was a staff member painting nails in the common room. The lighting in this building seemed a little dim to me. The was a pile of linen on a chair in the hallway. There was plenty of parking out front. I did not get a chance to see the dinning area or meals being served

johnboy6369 July 27, 2011

Other

This is an Assisted Living Facility and I have volunteered there. it is nice, clean facility; patience cared for in a kind and loving manner. Entertainment provided, and play games with the residents and seniors in service also provide companion services for the residents.

From Sunrise Senior Village

Sunrise Senior Village, a Tampa Florida Assisted Living Facility, offers a homelike setting with jolly smiles from our professional and caring staff.

Once inside you will immediately feel the genuine atmosphere of a skillfully run community that has been family owned for Over 30 years! Sunrise Senior Village Assisted Living Facility is proud to also be among one of the absolute most affordable assisted living communities in Florida.

As you will soon see, at Sunrise Senior Village we’re not only compassionate, we’re Affordable too. Look forward to seeing you soon!

Our relaxed setting, homes-style dining experience, activities and natural waterways combine to create a wonderful living environment each day.

Features of Sunrise Senior Village