Carrington Court

1928 West 9800 South, South Jordan, UT, 84095

Reviews of Carrington Court

Vince7 February 11, 2016

My father is in Carrington Court for about a month-and-a-half now. He enjoys it. The staff is wonderful. They seem to be very caring, and they care of all of his needs. It is a warm facility with nice arrangement, and nice foods. Everything is good. He is happy, and we are happy with it. They have a lot of activities, and they go on trips. I will recommend them to others.

Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate your trust in our care. It is an honor to care for your father and your family!

Jolene3 January 20, 2016

Carrington is where we ended up placing our mother, and we love this place. We loved it right from the very beginning. The thing we like best about Carrington is that it’s smaller with only 45 rooms, and we felt that our mother, who’s 96 and pretty OK but really going downhill, wouldn’t be intimidated like she would have been in some of the other places we looked at because it's small. She has a wonderful little apartment that has its own bedroom and a microwave in her little kitchen. We moved in all of her stuff from her own home, so she feels very comfortable there. It’s in a nice location with a beautiful entryway and fountain, and the dining room’s on the same floor as her room. It does have an upstairs where they have they have some really fun activities. They take them out on trips every week around the Valley and have lots of family interaction; we go over for different things. They have all kinds of programs like exercising, movies, and people who come in to do really fun presentations for them. We have found this to be a really good fit for her. We’ve just been really happy about her being there. They have a good doctor group and physician's assistant who come in, and there’s nurses and personal care people on staff. She’s been there since March. We've noticed that she’s kind of going downhill, but they seem to be able to meet her needs, and she’s been very content. They let you have 16 meals a month with your loved one without any charge, and if you go over that as a family, it's only $5 per person.

Thank you for your kind words! We love your mother and are so glad that she is here with us. She has been a pleasure to care for. Thank you for trusting us with her care. We also appreciate all the wonderful engagement we have been blessed to have with your family! Thanks for supporting our activities and family parties. We love the collaborative teamwork in caring for your mother!

Caring109961350 July 29, 2015

We did find a place that we placed my mother into, but she passed away in June. I would not put anyone in Carrington Court. On the third day, they mixed up her medication. It was a strong antibiotic that was supposed to be administered one packet every five to seven days, and they gave it to her all at once over a five-day period. I was not happy with any of them there. They need to be shut down. It was a clean and beautiful place, but the care was just very negligent. I think their med-techs need more education.

Scott20 August 27, 2014

Carrington Court is a very nice place and the staff was great. The rooms were very clean and spacious. We have eaten there and the food is okay. They have a large hall for games, a small gym, church services held in the facility and a family meeting room. They do field trips once or twice a week outside the facility.

Jen7 September 23, 2013

It was a very nice and clean facility. The staff was attentive. The rooms were clean and roomy enough for someone to move around. I would recommend them to others.

wjgrif December 14, 2012

This place is the absolute best facility in the Salt Lake valley for memory-care residents. They actually care about the residents and their families and provide the best care available. I would refer anybody there.

The Admiral November 23, 2012

I went to Carrington Court for a tour and was impressed with what I saw. The main building is divided into two sections: Assisted Living, and Memory Care. I was able to visit both sides and I loved the atmosphere of both. There are large spaces where residents can come together and enjoy a different activities. In these places there were televisions and wii sets for the residents, and comfortable couches and chairs as well. The staff was exceptionally kind. As I was walking they all seemed to be smiling, as were the residents. I got a chance to look in one of the empty rooms for the residents and I was very impressed. The room was neither dull nor cramped, and it seemed fit for caring for someone with any condition. I got to meet some of the heads of staff for food, laundry, and various other departments. They all seemed to be experienced and friendly, always stopping to shake a hand or give a smile. Over all, my short time in the facility was a very positive one. I know if I needed assisted living that Carrington Court would be getting a call from me.

From Carrington Court

Our residents love the warmth and beauty of our elegant communities which are guided by a sense of genuine compassion, respect, and integrity. Our experienced attentive caregivers provide seniors with independence and loving, dignified, personal care in either our beautiful assisted living or memory care community. We provide a unique combination of personalized compassionate care and senior housing designed to respond to individualized needs. No two people are the same, so the services and attention we provide are never exactly the same. Our resident-centered approach to assisted living begins with the resident and his or her needs and results in personalized care tailored to each individual. This approach provides the ideal solution for seniors who need some help with daily activities such as bathing, dressing, and help taking their medication. We focus on wellness and keeping residents as independent as possible while maintaining the highest levels of dignity. Our residents enjoy beautifully appointed living spaces, delicious meals, engaging social activities, transportation, and personalized assistance and care.

Our CNA to resident ratios, Assisted Living - 11:1 and our Memory Care - 8:1. This does not include other staff members this is just our CNAs. Our CNAs only provide loving care and assistance. We have a housekeeping department and laundry department that do daily housekeeping and laundry for the residents. This is included in the cost. Our CNAs also don't make our food. We have a dietary department that makes and serves our food. We are locally owned and family-operated, no large corporation with bureaucratic red tape. Our pricing is all-inclusive our residents never have to guess what their monthly bill is. We also make our menus and food from scratch. We don't buy our menus from Nicholas, US Foods, or Sysco. We believe in personal care in a warm loving environment.

Features of Carrington Court

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Hospice care

• Housing extra: Shared living
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Billiard room

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Activities extra: Outing every week on Assisted Living and two a week on Memory Care

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,200/month