Heron Club at Prestancia

3749 Sarasota Square Blvd., Sarasota, FL, 34238

Reviews of Heron Club at Prestancia

Happy Couple July 20, 2016

My wife and I moved into the Heron Club last week and have been enjoying everything! Caring staff and great food!

Caring108653450 January 01, 2016

We found Heron Club for my in-laws. There is plenty of staff. The atmosphere is good. My in-laws are both on the memory care. The size and the friendliness of the staff really helps. The rooms are spacious and that's what I like about it. They have shopping, exercise for the people, and they have several things that they do in-house. They have musical dance and play. The food there is tasty.

Anonymous102698050 November 12, 2015

Heron Club is absolutely gorgeous. The staff is fun, very friendly, welcoming, playful, absolutely delightful, and engaging. They are ready to answer any questions you might have. The apartments were outstanding, beautiful, fresh, clean, and bright, and most of them were totally refurbished. They have beautiful hallways.

Caring112084550 August 27, 2015

They tried really hard, and they did a pretty good job. Heron Club at Prestancia is a good facility where they can roam around a lot. It's nice and large. They had one dining room. The meals were pretty good, and they get to choose what they want the day before. They had a lot of inflow and outflow of staff. My father was there for a year, and there was a lot of change in staff during that time, but they kept up with things pretty well. They offered all the activities that one would expect. They had weekly outings to the beach and different places, which were good for him. They had a lot of special dietary needs that they tended to. The rooms were suites, which had a bedroom, a kitchenette, and a bathroom. It's quite a bit larger accommodation. They've got a nice big lounging area and a front porch area where they spend a lot of time in.

Susan105038450 June 20, 2015

Heron Club was fine as well. The activities were fine. It was just that we didn't have the best tour, and we certainly didn't get as much information. They weren't prepared even though we made reservations. We had someone who only did a tour once before. No literature and no cost information were provided. If we went back again, I'll probably talk to the person we should have been seeing, and I would suspect it would be a better experience. The gal was very nice, and the facilities were nice. The rooms were a little smaller. I would definitely recommend this place.

I am disappointed that your tour was not a pleasant experience. I would like to invite you to re- tour so that I can personally give you a great tour experience. We truly do value your feedback and use it to improve, we are committed to providing best in class experiences. I also wanted to share with you that we offer three different apartment sizes. If you aren’t available to re-tour at this time, I can certainly get information to you very quickly either by US Mail or Email. I look forward to meeting you!

Sincerely, Kim Epeards, Executive Director 941-922-1669.

kathleen96179750 January 15, 2015

I have only been there a couple of times. Very nice and very clean. Good menus.

Caring97997150 December 09, 2014

My friend is in Heron Club at Prestancia. It is a very good facility. Our overall experience is very good. Everything is excellent. The apartment that my friend is in is lovely.

Caring97330650 October 31, 2014

We chose Heron Club because it’s more like a country club instead of something very clinical. They are absolutely wonderful. They have a new theatre on the second floor. They have a beautiful dining room. Instead of sitting down and just being served, they have waiters for breakfast, dinner, and lunch so that they feel that there in an atmosphere of a beautiful restaurant. They have a bay window overlooking the water. They have sitting areas outside where they can watch the wildlife on the water. It is absolutely gorgeous. The rooms are absolutely beautiful; every time someone leaves, they put everything brand new, brand new paint, it smells wonderful. They have happy hour, they bring in entertainment seven days a week, church services, just everything, and the place is absolutely beautiful. The interior is gorgeous; the care is excellent. They just go above and beyond to take care of the residents. It’s absolutely amazing

George96357450 October 25, 2014

We took a tour at Heron Club at Prestancia, and it was more like a hotel. It was nice, but it wasn’t something we were interested in. They were able to discuss the programs that they have like they take you on trips and to grocery stores. They have a lot of things going on.

Caring95951050 October 16, 2014

I chose Heron Club because I like it the best. The staff is lovely as far as I know. Like I said, we're not living there yet, but everything seems to be in order, and everybody is nice. The apartment is nice. They're all satisfactory. What I like about this place is just the overall feel of it as far as the staff. The surroundings were very good. I like it very much.

Caring74716750 July 19, 2014

Heron Club wwa having an open house. It's a lovely place, but it's really out of our price range. We looked at a room, and it was nice. The staff seemed very friendly.

Caring78464650 February 27, 2014

Heron Club is very bright, cheery and well maintained. The apartments are lovely and the staff is very cooperative and supportive. They have entertainment, they have arts and crafts, hey have lunch trips. They have different physical activities and exercise.

commercesd April 26, 2012

Since we would be in the area checking out another facility, we made it a point to visit Palmer Club at Prestancia in the same region. My friend's mother has a lot of friends and family near the area - so it is a favorite of theirs.

The grounds were well tended and we could see that there is plenty of room for residents to spread out and enjoy activities with friends and family, such as picnics, or enjoy the many seating areas however they wish.

The common areas were nicely decorated and home-like. There were many places for residents to enjoy a variety of activities, from games to reading, lively discussions and seeing films.

The exercise center includes daily yoga and aerobics exercise classes. Residents can also safely navigate the lovely garden pathways and courtyards.

We liked that they prepare care plans around what each person needs - and that they are flexible enough to change the level of care as becomes necessary.

The dining areas were warm and friendly. We were able to try some of the snacks which were all delicious. The staff takes the time to offer foods that look appetizing.

The private living spaces featured beautiful bay windows and nice private patios and WiFi Internet. Each unit was fresh, airy and peaceful, with a calming, color-coordinated décor and comfortable furnishings.

The staff was very friendly and we could see that the residents are all happy there.

From Heron Club at Prestancia

Senior assisted living at Heron Club offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Heron Club, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Sarasota has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Heron Club, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Located across from Westfield Sarasota Square Mall in Palmer Ranch next to Prestigious Prestancia.____ Close proximity to YMCA, scenic bike trails, fine dining, and Siesta Key Beach, which was voted number one beach in the USA.____ Assisted Living and Memory Care Secured Living. ___ Spacious private or companion suites with a kitchenette. Many sizes and styles to choose from.___ We have Occupational, Physical and Speech therapy as well as Home Health onsite. We also have a Visiting physician for your convenience.___ We have scheduled transportation 5 days a week. These scheduled trips make physician visits as well as lunch outings, sunsets at the beach, picnics, circus trips, shopping and more.____ We provide individual service plan assessments to ensure that your care is based on preference and need.

Features of Heron Club at Prestancia

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, We are on a lake

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,750/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 62

• Licenses: Standard License
  • State License(s): AL10107

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Heron Club at Prestancia