Chestnut Glen

121 Klondike Crossing, Saint Peters, MO, 63376

Reviews of Chestnut Glen

Donna112958550 December 22, 2015

I choose Chestnut Glen for my father because the people there are very nice. They bend over backwards to answer our questions. They work with us on getting him physically into the facility. He is very combative and does not want to go anywhere but back to his house, and that is not an option. They work with us to make him comfortable once he is there. They give us updates. When I go in, the place is clean. Daddy seems happy. He is content. He is in the point where he considers that as home, which is what I need to happen in order to continue looking after him. I just cannot say enough about this place. I have not tried the food, but I have been there when he is eating, and there have been a couple of times that I am afraid he is going to pick his plate up and lick it. So, the food must be really good. He enjoys it. They have an activities director, and she is wonderful. She keeps him integrated into the society within the residents. She gets them together and place games. They celebrate birthdays and make it as homey as it can be but still be an institution.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the Chestnut Community. We realize that the dining experience is important to our residents and our Dietary staff works hard to make sure our meals are not only delicious, but presented beautifully as well. Our Lifestyle Coordinators knows each resident's Life Story and plan activities around things that they have enjoyed in the past or express an interest in trying. We also know that making the decision to move a loved one to an Assisted Living community is a difficult decision and we strive to make the process as easy as possible for everyone involved.

Marilyn Miller December 19, 2015

Dad has really made an improvement in the past few weeks. They were able to identify UTI & Pneumonia so that dad had a quick recovery. He has greatly improved. Thanks to Mary Ashley, Jenn and others for the quality of care given by all!

Our staff focuses on meeting the unique needs of each individual and their family members. Identifying small health issues before they become larger ones allows us to provide the best care possible. Your dad is a lot of fun and we really enjoy having him as part of our Chestnut family. Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to post a comment.

Dr. Rick H. December 16, 2015

My patients are always taken care of. Every visit is awesome!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. Our staff is dedicated to providing the best care possible for our residents and families.

Pam107064550 May 24, 2015

Chestnut Glen was a very clean place, but they were short staffed. They gave my mother enough opportunity to try to stay there, but they just couldn't handle her. There must have been some problems because even the administrators and the head nurses all left too. She was put there in August, and the staff were all gone by the 1st of the year. The staff was very nice. It was very modern, and they had a lot of activities, which for people with dementia is very important.

Disappointed Customer July 19, 2013

Buyer beware!! If you as the caretaker seek a facility that COMMUNICATES with family members about the care of loved ones, this is NOT the place for you. Yes, the facility is beautiful in appearance, but service from the Admin staff is horrendous! Plan on remaining in limbo for a long time concerning updates, billing issues, heck just feedback in general. Seriously, my mom was in their one month and we had to pull for this very reason. The care plan coordinator WAY oversold the facilities ability to perform at a reasonable level. Save yourself the headache - go elsewhere...

jkr1 December 29, 2012

My mother has only been there a short time but the staff has made her feel at home and listen to her concerns with understanding. The facility is clean, bright, and decorated tastefully. They have activities for the residents and treat them in a loving caring manner. The chef does a great job of making meals interesting and tasty. I visit almost daily. So far after just a short time I am impressed. I will review again in several months.

From Chestnut Glen

To us at Chestnut Glen - assisted living by Americare in Saint Peters, Missouri, assisted living means two things: you do the living and we help you live. Our personal assistants provide what you need when you need it. Here, the emphasis is less on paperwork and more on people. Our licensed nurse and certified medication aides get to know our residents like family, with all of their unique needs and preferences. It's like home.

Dining is a focal point of our residents' day at Chestnut Glen. It starts with an open breakfast with eggs just the way you like them. We accommodate our early risers ready for toast and coffee as well as those who can't start the day without a big hot breakfast. Comfort foods, foods familiar and favorite, are part of our menu.

Our admission counseling services are comprehensive. Our administrator helps guide the family through all of the care options available to them as well as through the maze of paperwork involved with accessing our public long term care benefits. Making it easy on the family is our first priority at Chestnut Glen.

At Chestnut Terrace, living with Alzheimer's becomes less of a challenge for you and your loved one. We combine the intimacy of assisted living with specialized care for dementia. Chestnut Terrace co-exists with a sister assisted living facility, yet remains separate. Care is provided in a building specifically designed with the care of the Alzheimer's resident in mind. We consider each resident's own strengths and weaknesses to weave a seamless cloth of individualized care. We also incorporate the latest approaches to this challenging disease into the daily routines and activities of all our residents. It's difficult to even search for proper care while tending to someone with Alzheimer's. Each day presents new challenges to patients and their caregivers. At Chestnut Terrace, we offer a shelter of care and advice for the entire family.

Features of Chestnut Glen

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Housing extra: Alcove Accommodation
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• 24-hour security gate
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Licenses: Department of Health and Senior Services
  • State License(s): 25446

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• Minimum age: None