Royal Oak Senior Living Assisted Living

Reviews of Royal Oak Senior Living | Assisted Living

4.1

September 30, 2011

By jbm

My father is a resident of the American House Royal Oak, MI and he is inflicted with Parkinson's Disease. When I went to visit this assisted living facility I was greeted by a very friendly and enthusiastic activities director, Angie. She took time with me to describe the facility but she also took me around and introduced me to several of the seniors living in the facility. She explained to me that they had other people with Parkinson's Disease and made me feel at ease that they understood the needs of such people. When my father was first moved in to his apartment at the American House the first thing the employees did was try in every way possible to make him feel at home. They were also nice enough to help us get in house physical therapy for my father and he is now moving around much better than when he was at home. Also, It is nice to see that they provide many different activities that are both in house and out of house for their residents. Most of what we have experienced so far has been very pleasant and very positive. Unfortunately, there are a couple of problems that I have found with this facility. The facility is older and needs to be updated to accommondate people who use wheelchairs. Some of the bathrooms are so small that a wheelchair will not fit inside of them. Also, some of the rooms have showers that are sunk into the ground which makes it difficult for some people to get in and out of the showers. Although, I will say that they will put any bars that need to be put into the bathroom. Another problem that we have experienced was the in-house medical team seems a bit unorganized at times. I arranged for some night checks at one point and they were not done due to a paperwork error that should have been caught right away and I should have been notified immediately.

Dear jbm: I want to thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are glad your father felt welcomed and was able to have a pleasant and positive experience. We love hearing that our staff is working hard at helping residents make a smooth and enjoyable transition. Regards, Chris Laymac, Executive Director ahro1@comcast.net, 248-585-2550

Photos of Royal Oak Senior Living

Features of Royal Oak Senior Living

About Royal Oak Senior Living

Royal Oak Senior Living is an assisted living facility in Royal Oak, MI that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Royal Oak Senior Living for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Royal Oak Senior Living