Royal Oak Senior Living

1900 N. Washington Ave., Royal Oak, MI, 48073

Reviews of Royal Oak Senior Living

Donnlee November 22, 2011

The facility appeared to be clean and cared for. The food was ok, but overcooked. My aunt had wet her bed and we had to notify the caregivers to ask them to change it for her. Also, no showering assistance was provided - we had to pay extra for that.

I would suggest large interior courtyard for residents where residents can enjoy the outdoors. Residents were sitting right outside the main entrance, which made it difficult to help our aunt get in and out. One complained about the exhaust from our car, but it was very hot and we were keeping the air on for our aunt's comfort.

Dear Donnlee: Thank you for taking the time to write out a review. We appreciate your suggestions and take them seriously. If you would like to discuss these issues further, please contact me. Regards, Chris Laymac, Executive Director ahro1@comcast.net, 248-585-2550

MaddHatta0013 September 30, 2011

My grandfather stays here since my grandmother passed away. He has been living there for almost two years now and has never said a bad thing about the place. The staff is friendly and allow myself and other family members to visit almost whenever we please. The caretakers there always treat my grandfather very well (he has told me on more than one occasion!). I have noticed more than once the cleanliness and professionalism of the entire establishment. All-in-all, and having dealt with another home previously with my grandmother that had been...unpleasant to say the least, I would give American House 5 stars, for their great service and continued professionalism. Please keep up the great work!

Dear MaddHatta0013: Thank you so much for your thoughtful review! We love hearing that our staff is friendly and welcoming, as we strive to provide the best service to our residents and their family members. Regards, Chris Laymac, Executive Director ahro1@comcast.net, 248-585-2550

jbm September 30, 2011

My father is a resident of the American House Royal Oak, MI and he is inflicted with Parkinson's Disease. When I went to visit this assisted living facility I was greeted by a very friendly and enthusiastic activities director, Angie. She took time with me to describe the facility but she also took me around and introduced me to several of the seniors living in the facility. She explained to me that they had other people with Parkinson's Disease and made me feel at ease that they understood the needs of such people. When my father was first moved in to his apartment at the American House the first thing the employees did was try in every way possible to make him feel at home. They were also nice enough to help us get in house physical therapy for my father and he is now moving around much better than when he was at home. Also, It is nice to see that they provide many different activities that are both in house and out of house for their residents. Most of what we have experienced so far has been very pleasant and very positive. Unfortunately, there are a couple of problems that I have found with this facility. The facility is older and needs to be updated to accommondate people who use wheelchairs. Some of the bathrooms are so small that a wheelchair will not fit inside of them. Also, some of the rooms have showers that are sunk into the ground which makes it difficult for some people to get in and out of the showers. Although, I will say that they will put any bars that need to be put into the bathroom. Another problem that we have experienced was the in-house medical team seems a bit unorganized at times. I arranged for some night checks at one point and they were not done due to a paperwork error that should have been caught right away and I should have been notified immediately.

Dear jbm: I want to thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are glad your father felt welcomed and was able to have a pleasant and positive experience. We love hearing that our staff is working hard at helping residents make a smooth and enjoyable transition. Regards, Chris Laymac, Executive Director ahro1@comcast.net, 248-585-2550

About Royal Oak Senior Living

Royal Oak Senior Living is an assisted living facility in Royal Oak, MI that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Royal Oak Senior Living for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Royal Oak Senior Living