St. Monica's Senior Living

3920 North Green Bay Road, Racine, WI, 53404

Reviews of St. Monica's Senior Living

Caring112835750 June 23, 2015

Service is excellent, and they treat you very well. The food is good and I have no complaints.

Bobbe Domer June 23, 2015

Autumn of Life should have contentment and comfort. St. Monica's Senior Home and Assisted Living is all of this and more. The staff is helpful, and pleasant. The food is excellent. A variety of activities are ongoing. The atmosphere is peaceful and relaxing. The chapel is open to all-daily Catholic Mass and weekly Prostestant service. The beautiful grounds provide a home-like atmosphere.

Barbara Noel June 18, 2015

St. Monica provides personalized, compassionate, and quality care. Residents feel very much at home being allowed to personalize their rooms, attend resident meetings where their opinions count, and do a variety of activities and outings. They have beautiful grounds and continually update the facility. I would happily live there myself.

Linda Levengood June 15, 2015

I can't say enough about the quality of care my mother receives at St. Monica's. She has lived there for one year, and the nursing staff continually strives to meet her increasing needs. They are never too busy to talk with me about my mom's needs and care. Also, her room is big with a new view, and she loves the food. The administration is constantly working to make things better.

Jon5 November 27, 2013

St. Monica's seemed very nice. There are a lot of activities there. I wouldn't hesitate to go there as I don't see any issues with it. It was very homey and the people were all friendly with the visitors. You just feel very good going there. The residents also were friendly and welcoming. When we were there, there were lots of them moving about.

Beverly7 January 30, 2013

I've lived at St. Monica's since October of 2010. I can't say I really thought an Assisted Living home would be best for me, but it certainly has! I had some serious health issues back in 2008 and 2009. After rehab, I lived with a friend for almost a year before returning to my home. Once home, my health began to deteriorate quickly and it was at the urging of my 5 children that I came to St. Monica's. The staff is great. Everyone knows your name. The activities keep me active and busy.

I have great friends here. It was at a community health screening here that one of the providers made me aware that I might have a health issue and they helped the staff make sure I had it looked at. The doctors found I did have a problem and they've helped me take care of it! Did I say how much I appreciate the staff? I can't say it enough. They are like family and I'm like family to them.

caretaker12 January 29, 2013

I was in a hospital in 2008 and from there I went to another place for 2 months to recuperate. When I was leaving there, my kids thought I wasn't ready to be home yet. They checked around and found St. Monica's and I initially stayed here for 2 months. Then a friend came and invited me to recuperate at her home and so I stayed there for one year. Then I went back home but I went downhill very fast so my kids decided to place me back here long term.

The nursing staff is awesome. The place is so clean. Of all the the places around, St. Monica's is the most affordable. I'm in a semi-private room. I'm currently on a restrictive diet. They really seemed to go out of their way for me. I'm surprised because I didn't expect that. I am happy staying here. We have activities as well and I make sure to participate everyday.

Caring8173 January 29, 2013

I have nothing but the highest respect for St. Monica's. I would give them all the positive accolade for not only the treatment for my brother and sister in-law but for all of the patients and the residents there. They're incredibly supportive, sensitive and caring. I could not give them a better recommendation. In fact I have been referring other people that I know that are looking for some private assisted facilities. I give them the name of St. Monica's. They are incredibly trustworthy, caring and compassionate with all of their residents. My brother and his wife who recently passed away have been a recipient of St Monica's for at least 3 years now. I can't say enough about them. I would endorse them. I would support them. I've contributed to them and I would continue to do so in the future.

Marilyn10 January 29, 2013

My daughter came across St Monica's and chose them for me. The nurses, the aides, everybody is wonderful. I live here now and I'm happy being here. We have about 95-100 people here. Everybody has a private or a semi private room. I have a private room. We have bingo room, bowling room, activity room, nurses stations and a big dining room.

We have a lot of activities here. Like on Monday we have exercise class and a bible class . In the afternoon we have bowling and some sing along and in the evening we play games.I go to every activities if I'm here. I go shopping once a week with my daughter.

The food is average. It's not good but it's not bad. The staff here is wonderful. The best that you can get.

SoftKitty July 24, 2012

I visited the facility a month ago. I very much liked the geographic area--it's on a nice large piece of land and has room and facilities for outdoor activities, walking trails, etc. The rooms are large than most and have windows that allow really nice outdoor lighting to enter much of the day. The staff was pleasant to me, but I appreciated the fact that as soon as one of the residents needed or asked for attention for any reason, the staff left me and went to them immediately. I talked with some of the residents. They were animated, relaxed and seemed very "into" the activities of the facility. They seemed to particularly like the "outside" people--performers and art instructors, etc. that were brought in fairly often. All in all, I really liked this place and am seriously considering it. For some odd reason, it seems less expensive than other much less pleasant facilities I've visited. Also, I was there for lunch and it was very good food. Not gourmet, but well prepared and very tasty--I think they really try to serve dishes that are familiar to the residents--there was a really great peach cobbler...old fashioned, I guess, but good.

AndrjesVelnan July 24, 2012

The facility and staff seem very nice, my pastor complains only about her symptoms and speaks highly of the staff. The physicians and the nurses seem caring and doting and hands-off when the moment requires. My pastor is income-restricted so it was important for her to get a high degree of quality with a moderate price. The number one complaint about nursing homes is maltreatment (and poor food) and St. Monica's excels in both of those categories. The residents seem happy, the ones with their wits about them at least. I would definitely recommend them to a friend. As far as the accommodations are concerned, it has many of the amenities of modern facilities like cable television and so forth at no extra cost. I honestly think she benefits from the environment and that's why I'm leaving this review. It's a difficult choice sometimes, but the staff there makes the transition as easy as possible and as delicate as possible. Even though she's unable to type or dictate these thoughts, I hope I portrayed them as accurately as possible. If your not sure, just visit and see for yourself.

ralphie77 February 16, 2012

My mother-in-law lived at St. Monica's for 5+ years until she passed away @ 91. It is an absolutely wonderful facility. As Ken S. (1 of the band members that plays there several times a year at special events) describes it: "You can feel the love when you walk in the door." St. Monicas made my mother-in-law's last years better and (I am positive) extended her life. She met many new friends and participated in many, many activities.

ChrisS1 October 14, 2011

I toured this facility with a relative that we were contemplating encouraging to live at this facility. The general atmosphere in the facility was okay. Some of the decorations were outdated and fit the era from the youth of most of the residents. There were flyers out for a bingo night, a cards night, and several other group activities. The property was situated on a nice size property where residents could go outside and get some fresh air when it wasn't too cold outside. Additionally, the gathering rooms had many large windows that helped to bring some natural light into the rooms. Overall, the facilities were nice but it still had a bit of a depressing feel as I think all nursing home facilities and assisted living facilities have. Additionally, we had a chance to visit while it was lunch time and the food looked okay. I would rate the food a seven on a ten point scale.

From St. Monica's Senior Living

Located on 42 beautiful acres along the Root River in Racine, WI, each of our rooms provides a gorgeous view of our prairie landscape. We provide a safe, comfortable environment for our residents and focus on person centered care. We are known for our outstanding nursing care with a 5:1 ratio of residents to staff and have 5 Registered Nurses on-site including weekends - making us able to give round-the-clock Registered Nurse, support staff and security care.

We believe in providing an enhanced living experience and offer more than 70 activities monthly, which includes dances, musical groups, outings and excursions. We are non-denominational and also host daily Catholic masses, a weekly Protestant service and Bible study classes.

Everyday our residents look forward to our 3 tasty, home-cooked meals that are prepared by our highly respected Chef. And daily visits from Sister Angelica and Sister Clare, of Sisters of St. Rita, who are on site to provide our residents with spiritual care and support.

Located on 42 beautiful acres, residents can enjoy the beautiful scenery. Our compassionate, nursing care is widely respected in the community along with an offering of over 70 activities a month.

Features of St. Monica's Senior Living

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses.
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• General store
  • Hiking trails
  • 24-hour security gate
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Pets: All pets allowed
  • Staff patient ratio: 4 to 1
  • Minimum age: 65

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits