Courtyard at Mt. Tabor

6323 SE Division St., Portland, OR, 97206

Reviews of Courtyard at Mt. Tabor

Caring106217250 February 16, 2015

Courtyard at Mt. Tabor was clean and very homey. It was pretty modern and probably large; it depends on what you're comparing it against. The staff was very friendly, and I was treated very well; my problem is that I just don’t have any money. I would go there if I could afford it.

Caring90655850 August 30, 2014

Courtyard is a very nice place. They have shopping trips; they take residents to medical appointments; and they have occasional trips to the coast or wine country or to different places that are interesting. They have movies, theatre, and music. They are reasonable, caring, and conscious of the necessity for referrals and for security and all those issues that affect seniors who live there. The place is very friendly and very expensive.

Caring82461850 August 28, 2014

My mother is at The Courtyard at Mt. Tabor. The services are fine and adequate. The room is great. The food seems great. They have activities like different exercise classes, bingo, they have a lot of games stuff like bunco, yatzy and skip bo. There is something going on every day. They had sing-a-longs, but I wish they have crafts which they don't have at all. In my opinion, I think the staff can use more training. They tell me they are not understaffed, so I don't think they are understaffed, but my biggest issue is that there seems to be a lack of common sense. It just doesn't seem that anybody has any common sense, which is frustrating for me.

Caring83029950 April 26, 2014

I visited Courtyard at Mt. Tabor and I liked it very much. I was very impressed with it. It was near my daughter. The lady who was there was very helpful and informative. I had a very nice tour. If I wanted to, I could have gone back and spend the night there, talked to people, and had meals, but I didn't pursue that because I thought it wouldn't be nice to do that if I wasn't going further with it. It looked like a very busy place with lots of activities. They had everything. They had a library. They had book groups. People played games. They had transportation to go outings. However, it was too big for me and probably out of my budget.

Caring83244750 April 23, 2014

I visited some communities, and one of them was Courtyard at Mt. Tabor. The staff was great. They were very informative, and they kept in touch with us. I talked to the director and the social workers there, and they were very friendly and nice. We had lunch there and the food was excellent. They have different apartment sizes. They had a studio, one bedroom, and they were of a large size. They did have a list of activities, and we also talked to some of the residents. Actually, the whole facility was very nice. I can't say one bad thing about them actually.

Liz Valentine February 27, 2014

Courtyard was cheery, clean and attractive. They had friendly staff. They took them out to shop once a week. I don't know if they go on fieldtrips because the people that I visited there was too far gone to go on trips but they just seemed to be pleased that they were there. They seemed to be having good care.

caring010702 July 10, 2013

Courtyard was a very nice place and the people who showed me around were very nice. The independent living apartments are extremely small and even the one bedroom apartment with a balcony.

CDog47 March 01, 2012

The atmosphere is quite tranquil and is teaming with a staff of very caring indidividuals. Music and dining seem to help comfort the residents and seldom is there an uncomfortable vibe to be felt when visiting a relative. My grandmother was there for a 2-year duration before her passing and I have no regrets about having her treated at this facility. It was a heartwarming experience to see so many people care for the elderly with such merit, tenacity and overall maturity. This place is recommended if living in Portland, OR and need a fine shelter for a loved one. The cost is a slight bit extravagant, but it is well worth it because of the good nature promoted throughout the facility.

From Courtyard at Mt. Tabor

Courtyard at Mt. Tabor’s Park building is a well-respected assisted living community, located in Portland’s beautiful Mt. Tabor neighborhood. Staff have devoted well over a decade to refining our person-centered approach which results in an atmosphere bursting with individuality, beauty, comfort, support and fun. Offering resort-like services and amenities, we focus on providing an environment where you, or your loved one, will approach each day with the dignity that comes with independence, the verve that stems from new experiences and the comfort that comes with knowing someone is always here for you regardless of need.

Features of Courtyard at Mt. Tabor

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Hiking trails
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Courtyard offers an unparalleled recreation program boasting four full time activity staff. We offer an average of 20 plus options daily.

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental