Cherry Blossom Cottage

11177 SE Cherry Blossom Dr, Portland, OR, 97216

Reviews of Cherry Blossom Cottage

Mary's Family September 22, 2012

My Mother-in love was at Cherry Blossom for abut 5 years before she passed away. We were very pleased with the cleanliness and help she received. The food is homemade and was very good for the most part. The caregivers and staff were very supportive. We did a lot of research for care centers before we came to Cherry Blossom and found that this place has an excellent reputation from doctors to the UPS man. We highly recommend this place.

JoesDaughter June 29, 2012

My parents moved in to Cherry Blossom Cottage one year ago this month. It was hard for them to leave their own home but they just couldn't manage their own care and couldn't afford in-home care any longer. We interviewed a couple of places and chose Cherry Blossom Cottage. It was the best decision we've ever made. Both my parents grew to love the staff and I appreciated the respect and dignity with which they were treated.

A few months after moving in, my mother passed away unexpectedly one night. I don't know what would have happened if my parents had still be living on their own at home. Dad could not have handled the situation. Instead a loving aide was with them, making a horrible event less stressful for all of us. There was a real outpouring of grief and compassion from the staff for Dad for weeks after.

When I walk in to visit my Dad now, the staff knows who I am and express a genuine warmth for him. I never feel like they are there to put in their time for a paycheck. You get the impression they are excited to be at work to see their "friends."

Dad grumbles about the food but he hasn't to have something to complain about. He enjoys his home and the people there who care for him. I know that I sleep better at night knowing he is safe and comfortable at Cherry Blossom.

I will and have recommended Cherry Blossom Cottage to adult children searching for a safe, clean and well-run place where they can place their parents.

Jules3 January 06, 2012

My experience with Cherry Blossom Cottage was wonderful. I have the highest regard for their caregivers. They treated my father with such dignity, and they always had a smile on their faces. The actual facility itself was very clean and very "homey." You felt like just sitting down in the front room and relaxing. There were always flowers everywhere, and they were big on music. There were a couple of pianos in the facility, and the residents were encouraged to play whenever the liked, my father included. The food was varied and prepared in accordance with each resident's health, although it was somewhat lacking in seasoning. The staff always had him dressed, shaved, and ready to go out the door when I arrived to take him to an appointment or just for a ride. They were always there and on time when it came to administering his meds or recording his blood sugar. He was very well taken care of, and when he passed away, there were many tears shed, which really surprised me that the employees would get so invested with the residents.

An Eldercare Counselor August 04, 2011

This is an assisted living facility, with no specific memory care, in southwest Portland. On the whole, it's very welcoming"” old, but well maintained "“with artwork on the walls, plants and nice furniture all around.

There are places to walk outside, including a big path and patio. Residents sometimes gather and talk out there, too.

The rooms are of good size"”all private, without kitchen facilities. There is a common dining room downstairs. The food is not remarkable, just traditional "food for the elderly," such as mashed potatoes.

There is an activity director who sometimes invites people to come and sing and play music, or organizes a game of bingo. Residents are also taken grocery shopping and siteseeing. The activities are pretty basic; nothing particularly creative is offered.

The staff tries to do their best with care, but when residents call for help, it often takes a while for them to respond. The place is very understaffed, so residents are often forced to hire outsiders to get the kind of care they need.

Basically, the place needs to be more organized in the way the care is given and how it is run. The medication management is also important; staff should supervise the medication being taken, and that doesn't always happen here.

Residents commonly complain that they are being charged too much for the kind of care and housing they receive here.

We are sorry for your negative experience at Cherry Blossom Cottage. We will continue to provide quality care and personalized service to all our residents.

About Cherry Blossom Cottage

Cherry Blossom Cottage is an assisted living facility in Portland, OR that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Cherry Blossom Cottage for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Cherry Blossom Cottage