Grande'Vie Senior Living Community

2140 Five Mile Line Road, Penfield, NY, 14526

Reviews of Grande'Vie Senior Living Community

DB92 December 12, 2014

My mother has been at Grande Vie going on four years. It was hard for her to get use to living in a facility at first. I'm right around the corner so I was able to be an active part of my moms care. I am thankful everyday to have such caring compassionate people watching over my mom. New management has improved the decor which was dated but only because the building has been around for over 30 years. I'll take 30 years experience over a new building that looks nice but has no experienced staff any day. My mothers residence has had its bumps but overall I cannot say enough good things. Keep up the good work!

greenleaf188 December 11, 2014

I was very disappointed with the care that my family member received there. The aides were very slow to answer bells, the food was always cold and not appetizing. When you needed prn meds you waited at least 30 minutes. The weekend staff was not caring and very cold. Showers were supposed to be 2 times a week but were just weekly and then the staff lied to us about that. For the price this facility should have been excellent but was not. There was supposed to be assistance to dining but was pushed in wheelchair as they were too busy to walk with resident.

Caring02158963 October 05, 2014

My mother is not really ready for a nursing home, because mentally she is pretty sharp, so we took her to Grande'Vie. We looked around and this is the place we liked the most, and they did have the enhanced assisted living. Eventually, we would want to move her into just regular assisted living once she is evaluated some more by the nursing staff and the rehabilitation people. It strikes me that the staff is pretty good, but some of them are a little bit lax; like in the separate dining room for enhanced assisted living people, they are a little slow because the food has to come from another kitchen and sometimes the coffee is a little cold and that kind of stuff, but other than that the nursing staff is excellent. They clean the rooms once a week, clean and wash the sheets once a week, and I would say the sanitation is very good.

Carol88618150 September 30, 2014

The Legacy seems like a pleasant place. The room is just a bed and one of those closets so you can put your own things. It’s small, but that’s all my mother can afford. Part of the issue was the cost. It looked clean from what I could see. It’s medium sized. It’s not real new, however, they may have done some remodeling a little bit from the outside.

There are field trips and transportation. They did tell me they have quite a bit of recreation. There was a beauty salon. It has a little store, and I think that’s nice for when they run out of toiletries and maybe ice cream.

DirectorPoP September 29, 2014

I was not pleased with their representative Tammy.
She came to talk to our resident then after less than an hour with her made the determination she was independent not an assisted living candidate. She also told resident that Grand Vie had a hospice program on site as her health declined. This is not true - Grand Vie may partner with another facility for hospice but they do not provide hospice care. I am aware of this because one of my staff's mother went to live at Grand Vie because they too told, by someone named Tammy, that hospice would be provided. When her Mother's health declined and she needed hospice she was moved to another facility. Grand Vie may be a wonderful facility but with misrepresentation by this Tammy person it gets forgotten.

Caring94250350 September 24, 2014

I visited Grand’vie. I thought it was a nice place for someone to live there. The rooms were fine and the rest of the place was good. The staff was friendly and very helpful. However, we couldn’t afford it.

Goldy from Brooklyn July 01, 2014

Grande'Vie Enhanced Assisted Living may seem a little "cold," but it is a far cry better than a Nursing Home. The dining area is open and surrounded by the Nurses/Aides station as well as two TV lounges. The openness of the area gives the workers a position to monitor the residence...as they typically need more assistance than those in the Assisted Living area. Some need ambulation or transfer help, some need food cut for them, etc. The aides, who know the residents very well, are also the servers...which enables them to know and give individualized care and attention...even during meals. The rooms are small....with a private bathroom and shower. There are a few larger rooms that have a small kitchenette space. Again, we are talking about Enhanced Assisted Living...a separate certification from Assisted Living....for those who need more hands-on care. The activities area is shared by those in both Enhanced and Assisted Living areas.

Caring78289550 March 26, 2014

We visited Grand Vie twice. We could just not put Mom in there. I wasn't impressed. It was not conducive, and I didn't find them inviting. It did not give the impression of being really clean. The setup was that she has to go to one room for dinner that was just an empty room with linoleum and tables and wasn't like a dining room. The rooms were unfriendly. I couldn't make them feel like home. Things were unfriendly and felt cold. They're just rooms. We walked out of there. We can't do it to my mother, and we took her home.

About Grande'Vie Senior Living Community

Grande'Vie Senior Living Community is an assisted living facility in Penfield, NY that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Grande'Vie Senior Living Community for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Grande'Vie Senior Living Community

• Spanish

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Pets: Small Pets