Grande'Vie Senior Living Community

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Grande'Vie Senior Living Community

March 08, 2015

By Alex C.

Toured this place, and was extremely disappointed for the following reasons: The rooms are tiny and dark. They have no closets, and are strangely-shaped. The layout is really quite spread-out for elderly people to navigate. They have only a 2-tier setup, and when somebody suddenly goes from "assisted" to "enhanced assisted", the price jumps astronomically. The "enhanced assisted" part was about the most depressing and soul-crushing place I've seen since I once saw a state-run facility 30 years ago. I also get the feeling that the Legacy communities are 'pushing out' older residents to this location, since they are owned by the same company. The only positive I could see for this facility is the price, provided that the person needs very little assistance. For those who are borderline ingident, they also offer 2-person rooms, where, if your loved one doesn't mind sharing a room the size of a dorm room with another adult, he/she can live there for probably only a bit more than SS will pay for. Other than that, the only other reason I could see sending a person here was if they need the locked "memory care" facility that is offered.

January 21, 2015

By Adaline Taylor

Our mom was accepted by the Intake Coordinator at Grandevie Penfield as a long-term care resident after being discharged from a hospitalization and a resulting rehab stay for bone repair surgery from a previous fall. She was discharged from rehab and accepted at Grandevie as a 1-assist resident who needs hands-on supervision when ambulating. After living at Grandevie for approximately 18 hours, we got a call that mom had fallen again and she was on the way to the hospital with a hip injury. She returned to Grandevie after her hospitalization and 3rd rehab stay about 3 weeks later. After being back for less than 48 hours we got another call from Grandevie that she had fallen again and was on her way to the hospital in an ambulance. After imaging studies and observation, she was sent back to Grandevie the following day. Three days later, mom fell for a 3rd time and required hospitalization, surgery and a 4th rehab stay. While at Grandevie, she was hospitalized 3 times for 3 falls in less than 1 month. We moved her out.

December 30, 2014

By caf132

My family member was at the high level assisted care wing. I was not very impressed. Some of the staff was very caring, but weekend and night staff was not hired with care. My relative fell over 10 times in a month. Food was almost inedible and not very nutritious for elderly people. This was very expensive for the level of care provided. Showers were not regular. After a month, we moved my relative out.

December 12, 2014

By DB92

My mother has been at Grande Vie going on four years. It was hard for her to get use to living in a facility at first. I'm right around the corner so I was able to be an active part of my moms care. I am thankful everyday to have such caring compassionate people watching over my mom. New management has improved the decor which was dated but only because the building has been around for over 30 years. I'll take 30 years experience over a new building that looks nice but has no experienced staff any day. My mothers residence has had its bumps but overall I cannot say enough good things. Keep up the good work!

December 11, 2014

By greenleaf188

I was very disappointed with the care that my family member received there. The aides were very slow to answer bells, the food was always cold and not appetizing. When you needed prn meds you waited at least 30 minutes. The weekend staff was not caring and very cold. Showers were supposed to be 2 times a week but were just weekly and then the staff lied to us about that. For the price this facility should have been excellent but was not. There was supposed to be assistance to dining but was pushed in wheelchair as they were too busy to walk with resident.

October 05, 2014

My mother is not really ready for a nursing home, because mentally she is pretty sharp, so we took her to Grande'Vie. We looked around and this is the place we liked the most, and they did have the enhanced assisted living. Eventually, we would want to move her into just regular assisted living once she is evaluated some more by the nursing staff and the rehabilitation people. It strikes me that the staff is pretty good, but some of them are a little bit lax; like in the separate dining room for enhanced assisted living people, they are a little slow because the food has to come from another kitchen and sometimes the coffee is a little cold and that kind of stuff, but other than that the nursing staff is excellent. They clean the rooms once a week, clean and wash the sheets once a week, and I would say the sanitation is very good.

September 30, 2014

By Carol88618150

The Legacy seems like a pleasant place. The room is just a bed and one of those closets so you can put your own things. It’s small, but that’s all my mother can afford. Part of the issue was the cost. It looked clean from what I could see. It’s medium sized. It’s not real new, however, they may have done some remodeling a little bit from the outside. There are field trips and transportation. They did tell me they have quite a bit of recreation. There was a beauty salon. It has a little store, and I think that’s nice for when they run out of toiletries and maybe ice cream.

September 29, 2014

By DirectorPoP

Other

I was not pleased with their representative Tammy. She came to talk to our resident then after less than an hour with her made the determination she was independent not an assisted living candidate. She also told resident that Grand Vie had a hospice program on site as her health declined. This is not true - Grand Vie may partner with another facility for hospice but they do not provide hospice care. I am aware of this because one of my staff's mother went to live at Grand Vie because they too told, by someone named Tammy, that hospice would be provided. When her Mother's health declined and she needed hospice she was moved to another facility. Grand Vie may be a wonderful facility but with misrepresentation by this Tammy person it gets forgotten.

September 24, 2014

I visited Grand’vie. I thought it was a nice place for someone to live there. The rooms were fine and the rest of the place was good. The staff was friendly and very helpful. However, we couldn’t afford it.

July 01, 2014

By Goldy from Brooklyn

Grande'Vie Enhanced Assisted Living may seem a little "cold," but it is a far cry better than a Nursing Home. The dining area is open and surrounded by the Nurses/Aides station as well as two TV lounges. The openness of the area gives the workers a position to monitor the residence...as they typically need more assistance than those in the Assisted Living area. Some need ambulation or transfer help, some need food cut for them, etc. The aides, who know the residents very well, are also the servers...which enables them to know and give individualized care and attention...even during meals. The rooms are small....with a private bathroom and shower. There are a few larger rooms that have a small kitchenette space. Again, we are talking about Enhanced Assisted Living...a separate certification from Assisted Living....for those who need more hands-on care. The activities area is shared by those in both Enhanced and Assisted Living areas.

March 26, 2014

We visited Grand Vie twice. We could just not put Mom in there. I wasn't impressed. It was not conducive, and I didn't find them inviting. It did not give the impression of being really clean. The setup was that she has to go to one room for dinner that was just an empty room with linoleum and tables and wasn't like a dining room. The rooms were unfriendly. I couldn't make them feel like home. Things were unfriendly and felt cold. They're just rooms. We walked out of there. We can't do it to my mother, and we took her home.

Services & Amenities of Grande'Vie Senior Living Community

• Spanish

• Pets: Small Pets

About Grande'Vie Senior Living Community

Grande'Vie Senior Living Community is an assisted living facility in Penfield, NY that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Grande'Vie Senior Living Community for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Grande'Vie Senior Living Community